Question of watering/pre-watering Solocups for seedlings

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by klh528, Apr 25, 2024.

1. I am reading that if I am trying to sprout a seedling from a solo cup I should have the soil moist. I'm wondering if it would be best to soak the soil 12/24 hours prior insuring some run-off. Or should I just make sure the soil is slightly wet and put the seed in immediately?

• Like Like x 1
  2. what soil?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Happy Frog

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. put the seed in soil and water it
    check this: GWE
    good luck

• Like Like x 1
  5. been through the guide up and down and while it's good it doesn't directly answer the question I asked in this thread

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. water the night before keep them warm like 80f i prefer the paper towel method after soaking in a glass of water 18 hours then after tail is out putting into prewatered solos this way you dont get suprised you can see which ones opened and which didnt doing it your way you will be staring at a cup for a week wondering? lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I did this on my last couple of grows. I got the soil just moist enough that it would condensate inside the cup with plastic over the top. Warmer temps in the 80f range really helps as well. When you see green using against the plastic uncover it and do not water anymore. When the cup feels light and the plant has begun to produce new leaf growth you're ready for a transplant. Dont spray your seedlings with water either. Lots of variables but that's what I did.