GC's Official-How To Make a Lightbulb Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by JustDank, Apr 1, 2009.

1. #1 JustDank, Apr 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2009
    Ok, so for those of us that are running on a tight budget, and can not afford an expensive Volcano or Vapor Bros. Vaporizer, We have the option of making our own. During this tutorial, I will Show you how to make the best, most effeciant Lightbulb Vaporizer, out of nothing more than a mere Lightbulb, and a Bottle. I think you will find that This is much more useful and conveniant than any of the other Lightbulb Vape guides that I see on GC all of the time.

Heres What you'll need:

The Materials

• One Lightbulb
    • One Bottle
    • Some Duct Tape (or electrical tape if you prefer)
    • A Knife
    • A Lighter
    • A Pair Of Tweezers
    • Some Effort
    [​IMG]

The Procedure

Take your knife and your lightbulb

[​IMG]

Locate the first thread on the lightbulb nearest to the top. This is very thin metal and can be cut with just about any knife.(butter knifes excluded)

[​IMG]

Continue cutting the thread all the way around.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now that you have that piece off, notice that the filiment of the bulb is still inside the lightbulb.(the thing in the bulb that allows it to light) Of course we will need to remove this. Just put your knife in there and bend it one direction to crack the inner filiments glass. do this until it has snapped free and is just sitting inside the bulb. Continue chipping away at the glass untill there is a gap big enough for you to pull it out. Dont just try sticking your finger in there. chances are it wont fit anyway. This is where you will need to use your tweezers to grab onto the filiment and just pull it out of there. Be carefull, the glass is SHARP. Keep using your knife to break away a little more glass until the whole looks somewhat like this:

[​IMG]

This is what you have just removed from the lightbulb:

[​IMG]

Likewise, there are still little pieces of glass inside of the lightbulb, as well as a fine powder that you wouldnt realize is actually in there. Until you rinse it out. Use your waterfaucet to rinse the bulb out with warm but not hot water. until it is completely spotless of all the powder. In the next pics you can see just how much of a difference there is from rinsing it out.

[​IMG]

Now for the next step in creating your very own Lightbulb Vaporizer.

Take your cap from the bottle you are using and your knife. Just like making a G-Cap for a Gravity Bong, twist your knife in the center of the cap to create a hole.

[​IMG]

However for our purpose you will want to make this hole much bigger. being sure to alternate between top and bottom of the cap, as to get rid of the pieces of plastic. Be sure not to remove the thin layer of rubberized plastic from the cap as this is what asures an airtight seal. Once the hole gets a little bit bigger, you can use a lighter to make it a perfect circle if you cant do it with a knife alone.Also make sure if you do chose to use the lighter method, that you dont melt the threads of the cap. This will restrict you from being able to twist your cap on later.

Here is about the size of the finished cap:

[​IMG]

Now its time to gather up your Tape, Finished Cap, and Lightbulb.

[​IMG]

Take a piece of tape and tape the cap to the lightbulb upside down so that you can see the threads.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now we are essentialy finished. All you have to do now, is cot or melt a whole in one of the feet of the bottle your using. And make one more hole for a carb within thumbs reach of the whole you used for the mouth piece.(the hole you melted on the foot of the bottle)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Insert your fine herb into the whole of the cap and into the lightbulb. Twist the cap back onto the bottle. Cover the mouth hole and the carb. Light the bottom of the bulb where your product is with a bic lighter, and be sure to move the lighter around in small circles underneath the herb.

[​IMG]

And there you have it. Your very own Lightbulb Vaporizer. Now all you have to do is kick back, relax and ENJOY!

Mods, I am requesting that you sticky this as it is something that I think will help out the City smokers who just cant afford a legit Vape.

+Rep is always greatly appreciated. Thanks Blades and again... ENJOY!

2. Wow, that actually looks pretty good. I might have to try this.

3. Thanks and please do.

4. Cool man. I have one of these, just without the bottle attached. I put a straw through the cap, and screwed the cap onto the threads of the bulb. Then made another small hole in the cap for a carb, and voila! Never really use it because I have a few pieces that I usually smoke out of, but good for mixing it up sometimes.

5. A little different than some other other lightbulb vapes I've seen. If I'm bored maybe I'll try this someday, even though lightbulb vapes have never really worked for me. Would be cool to get a pic of the vape in use.

Anyways, good guide, cool pictures, +rep for effort.

6. Does the bottle hold extra vapor? I also use a candle cause the bic lighters too dam hot man.

I like this, but when I took the bottom off the light bulb, I just got pliers and pulled the iron off the black part and brok the black part off by inserting a screwdriver and twisting. Again,m using that same screwdriver, I'd brake whats inside the light bulb. After it's filled with water, the metal aprt usually comes off.

7. I would have made a vid of it in action, but i cant smoke as of now. im on probation and i have random drug testing

8. #8 papasandbeer, Apr 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2009
    edit:removed giant quote, sorry heh.
    +reps op, innovative. i did a light bulb once with a buddy but we didnt have much luck, weed ended up tasting like popcorn haha

9. lol wow. bet it woulda been good at the movies:smoke:

10. Thanks for the guide, there are many different ways to do this, and there is an easier way. I will not jack your thread however, because I enjoy the fact that you showed us all how to make one for ourselves. This should clear up some problems for all the people that don't have a tool to smoke out of.

+rep for helping us all out.

11. its what im here for. i know there are other ways. but for everyone that ive read over i just didnt see how you could put bud in and take out the scraps. my way allows for very easy insertion and removal of ganja.

12. Well, you could just get rid of the bottle all-together, and just use the cap as a screw on. You insert a hollowed bic pen into the hole, and use that. I make 2 holes one for carb, one for bic pen.

13. thats ghetto as fuck

14. True true. i have another method that im about to make ill just add a picture of it once its done. it involves removing the threads of the actual bottle and fitting it around the gutted bulb and putting 2 holes in the cap. one for a pen and one for a carb like you said. anyways. it should be pretty nifty. the bottle just allows for a bigger hit.

15. appreciate it. but it does work really well. trust me.

16. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just a prototype but there it is. sorry about the excess of tape. accidentally cracked the glass a little. had to patch it.

17. lol yeah. i dont really use it as workbench. just a photo stage

18. These work pretty damn well after you use it a bunch of times...and enevitably a little bit will burn so this isn't smell free like a legitimate vaporizer... I never have seen people cut it off at the first thread...always the black plastic thing...but this way looks much easier...WARNING never think its a good idea to run this under the sink to try and get the lighter ash off after a sesh...it will shatter in 1000 peices

19. thanks for that. i forgot to mention it. lol

20. BOOKMARKED!! I'm going to do this man... Great work!