EQ Hack of the day

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Jojo0420, Feb 9, 2014.

1. I've been using my EQ to vapor bong for some time using a whip with an 18 mm elbow on both ends.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391968316.284630.jpg

As you can see my whip is filthy, mostly from letting it sit on top of the EQ with a load in the elbow. Through natural convection a small bit would vaporize off and condense in the elbow and whip.

A little tired of that I got to thinking about the different glass adapters and connectors I have and thought this up.

Take a male to male 18mm adapter and put an EQ elbow screen in it:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391968574.733998.jpg

Put that in the female 18mm joint on my bubbler:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391968622.617199.jpg

Then put an EQ Tuffbowl on top:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391968668.383739.jpg

And when I'm ready to hit it:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391968710.333733.jpg

Not real user friendly. I already broke my last original EQ bowl with the black band trying this out. Luckily I just got two new Tuffbowls last week.
    Beware if you are working on granite! Or any other rock hard surface... Duh.
    Glass and rock doesn't mix.

The hits this way are SO much more flavorful!
    I never realized how much of the flavor the whip was eating up.

:bongin:

2. Tried this a few months back, agree you gotta be careful but it's a legit mod

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Picked up this new glass piece for the EQ:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394484905.671709.jpg

And I put an elbow screen in the 18mm male joint:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394484947.370643.jpg
    It was a tight fit, I had to really press it in with the top of the EQ poker tool.

Then place it in the EQ's cyclone/Tuffbowl:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394485055.270672.jpg

And take the most flavorful hits I've ever had out of an EQ!

Link coming for the glass piece... Wait for it.

4. #4 Jojo0420, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2014
    I bought the piece off Amazon, unfortunately it's no longer available. I found it searching for a glass j hook.
    It was only $21 and some change, shipped to my door. :)
    I've seen similar before but it didn't have a male joint on the end, it was a female for the Cloud Evo.
    I almost bought one of those, but then I'd have to use the 18mm male/male adapter under it.
    This is a great setup, I wish it was about 1 inch shorter when on top the EQ. I have to stretch a little to hit it sitting at the counter.

Great hits!

:smoke:

5. I've been doin the upside down for a while. It works better if ya load the weed in the bowl and stir every hit. I filed the hole inside mine almost all the way open for more airflow too.

6. Try some of your oil on a cotton ball inside the bowl with the EQ up to 450+. Taste is unreal

7. I have done this, works very well! But normally when I want a little dab I'll just put in the middle of an elbow pack. That way I get both, but I usually only use the lowest grade stuff I have on hand. No need to waste the good stuff on that.

:smoking:

8. Another modification of the glass mouthpiece:

image.jpg

I used an inline ashcatcher I have, put an EQ elbow screen in the male connector and packed it:
    image.jpg

I'm running it backwards, but the little bit of hot water helps smooth and moisturize the vapor.
    There is a slight decrease in flavor. But it's worth it.

If you try this be careful not to blow/cough into the mouthpiece!
    Water would shoot directly into the heater.
    Bad news! Don't do it!

9. Omg I have to try this. I just need to order a male to male.

10. Haha! I just replied to your thread.
    If your Roor is 18mm it is super easy.

11. I did the same thing but reversed a year ago. I used the double 18 with the elbow screen in it and put my vaporblunt2 hydrotube. Vaporbonging out of it is great and simple. And if you turn on the blower it kinda turbo charges it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. I tested a new 18mm female/female in place of the Cyclone or Tuffbowl today.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397405407.582129.jpg

There is no restrictor in the middle, I had to wedge a Cyclone screen in the bottom ground joint to keep it in place. This is a HUGE improvement in airflow.

I loaded up the elbow screen in my glass mouthpiece, popped it into the new adapter, kicked the fan on 3:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397405562.731405.jpg

Boom!

13. Always wanted to try that after i opened up the hole on the cyclone bowl

14. Here's my newest adaptations:
    http://youtu.be/DoQUGMxOosk

Hope everyone is getting everything they can out of their EQ.

:smoke: