looking to buy vape pen ...very inexperienced need help

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by mattylo, Dec 12, 2013.

1. hello all i've been looking around for a decent in-expensive vape pen ( $25-$50) ($75 at most). Ive never bought a vape pen before so any tips or advice would really be great. I want a vape pen if there is such kind to burn buds not really interested in the oil type since by me hash oil is rather scarce and plus I grow my own stuff anyhow. The one I was looking at on ebay is an atmos raw junior they seem to be most suitable however like I said idk what I'm looking at when it comes to vape pens.  can someone please help! or let me know if this is what I'm looking for or not. THanks everyone

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atmos-Raw-Junior-Vaporizer-Atmos-Rx-Junior-BLACK-COLOR-BRAND-NEW-Ships-FREE-/271339326023?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f2d158a47

2. #2 zezecha, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2013
    The main problem with "vape pens" are that it's actually very difficult to find one that actually vaporizes your herb. With that being said, Atmos is well known for having flaws in their vape pens, making them combust the herb(burning it) rather than vaping it. Atmos has recently(within the past year or so) introduced a glass filter screen for their vape pens. On eBay, people who sell for $30-$50 are selling knock offs most likely. Don't worry, they fully operate the same as the real thing so the only difference is pretty much the price. With that being said, people on ebay usually do not include this glass screen unless it's mentioned in the description/title. You can get a 3 back for around $8, or a 5 pack for around $12. 
    Link to 3 pack: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atmos-RX-Raw-Portable-Vaporizer-Glass-Screens-Filter-Pack-of-3-BRAND-NEW-/321227963566?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4acaadbcae
    Link to 5 pack: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atmos-RX-Raw-Portable-Vaporizer-Glass-Screens-Filter-Pack-of-5-BRAND-NEW-/221298277907?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item338667be13

Tl;dr
    OK pen, has some problems but it's great for the price. Pick up a glass screen to put above the heating coil to make it vaporize the herb, instead of having it combust(burn) the herb.

3. #4 lwien, Dec 12, 2013
    There are no vape pens currently on the market that will vaporize dry herbs.     The GrassHopper looks promising though but until we get some independent reviews, the jury's still out.

4. so would buying one of these "herb" vape pens be the same as buying or smoking out of a bowl/bong

Smoking out of a bowl is different than smoking out of a bong, so I would imagine that smoking out of a pen would be different than either of them.

6. I meant in the manner of carcinogens etc

7. Not sure if you've noticed, but that's an e-cig in which you put e-liquids in, which may or may not contain nicotine(depends on what kind of liquid you purchase).

This is my opinion, bowl/pipes = harsh hits, vape pens = ok hits, bongs = smooth hits, vaporizers = smooth hits.

Vape pens are healthier than smoking out of a bowl\\pipe I believe. Reduces the amount of plant matter & "not good stuff" that you're inhaling.

8. #9 lwien, Dec 12, 2013

If the herb reaches combustion temps, it will put out the same amount of carcinogens no matter what device you smoke out of.

If you're concerned about carcinogens, either use a vape at temps no higher than 380F, or go with edibles.    Above 380 and you start getting toxins like benzine and carbon monoxide.

9. @zezecha  well thankyou for pointing out that's an e cig lmfao goes to show I wasn't lying about my in experience with vape pens

@[member="lwien"] I thought vapes even pens eliminate ( not all) but like zezecha said plant matter carcinogens and other chemicals that pack a punch to the lungs and make it a smoother smoking experience. Ive been smoking for years just want something softer on the lungs as is im trying to change a few ways in my health the past two years around winter I get chest and respiratory problems nothing major or chronic just tired of getting sick and having to hold off blazing cause it prolongs healing.

10. #11 mattylo, Dec 12, 2013

Is there some type of measurement to determine how hot they get or what temp they reach if so what range should I be looking for? ex..mAh or something similier

11. Read my thread on the Atmos Bullet.

12. this my be the greatest find.. thank you very much however before im set on buying...hows your experience with this have you had any major problems or problems at all, are the separate filters ill need to buy with this?

13. #14 mattylo, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2013
  14. [quote name="mattylo" post="19150487" timestamp="1386889588"]this my be the greatest find.. thank you very much however before im set on buying...hows your experience with this have you had any major problems or problems at all, are the separate filters ill need to buy with this?[/quote]Like I said, I have seen some bad reviews, but I haven't found any problems with it at all. The chamber is a little small, but is more than enough for me. Take note though, don't buy it if you're looking for something to fuck you up or expect huge vape clouds. It gets me to about a 5-6 on the 1-10 scale, and it's a different high. I love it though and am very satisfied with my purchase.

15. understandable and much appreciated for the honest input I feel this will do me well as I said ive been smoking for awhile and ive cut back and need something easier on the lungs I usually smoke my bowl and two-four puffs gets me pretty zipped or content. I don't like being super blazed anymore unless its a weekend or vacation buy hey that's what blunts are for right? hahaha

16. [quote name="mattylo" post="19150524" timestamp="1386889978"]understandable and much appreciated for the honest input I feel this will do me well as I said ive been smoking for awhile and ive cut back and need something easier on the lungs I usually smoke my bowl and two-four puffs gets me pretty zipped or content. I don't like being super blazed anymore unless its a weekend or vacation buy hey that's what blunts are for right? hahaha[/quote]not a problem! I made my thread because I couldn't get any input myself, so I'm glad it helped!

17. thanks man but uhh those are all over priced (for my range) and regular vapes  not pen vapes im specifically looking for a pen vape no worries though ill check that out if im ever looking for a fancier vaporizer.

18. #19 Blue-Dreamz, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2013
    ey man you could always buy a portable vape like the pax or the mflb? i dont recommend the arizer solo just for health issues. mflb is the best i have personally found price and actual user revier wise, and trust me i did lost of research on portable vapes. im a health nut haha.

also if you didnt know portable vapes are different than vape pens. :)