Making A Better Oil Pen (PICS INCLUDED)

Discussion in 'E-Liquids & E-Juice, E-Cigarettes' started by WaxPayne, Apr 13, 2013.

1. #841 phi6, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2014
    Hey Chaseroot,

Check your email. I adjusted your discount to 60%(combined the two) and refunded the difference to you. Next time send us an email and we'll sort it out =). 

2. Thanks for catching that. Need to update the voltage too.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. just picked up a KISS Titanium Cartridge.. Anyone tried these yet?

Ceramic wick, suppose to provide amazing clouds.. Cant wait until it arrives!

What will you be attaching the KISS TI cart to? Just a regular ego type battery or one specific for W9 tech carts?

I know you need a 510 bat to 610 cart adapter if you want to use the KISS cart on those batteries.

I'm really interested to hear how it performs on a regular ego battery. I heard reports of the plastic mouthpiece being melted when using it this way, but they possibly turned the voltage up too high. I heard to keep it right around 3.7 for it to work properly.

Anyways, please report back once you've tried it out! Thanks.

5. I have a GPEN battery I am going to use with this. I ordered the 3.7v cart not the 7.4v, so I dont think I should have any issues with the mouthpiece being melted.. I hope haha

I will definitely report back after I give it a test run.

6. Got my 28gauge Kanthal in the mail !! Gonna boil the wicks tonight , dry them out and tomorrow I'll have my ceramic Trident atomizer build on here . Just picked up the weekly quarter too :)

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393029377.434767.jpg

You're alive! Check your PMs when you get a chance bro

Looks tasty.. what do you pay for a quarter? if you dont mind me asking.

8.  Thank you for sorting things out :D

Gentleman's Vape FTW

9. Looking good WaxPayne.  What are the strains you are sporting?

10. Anyone own a Itaste VV? I am curious what setting people are using for concentrates (budder, shatter, etc)
    Thanks!

Details if it helps..

* Voltage can be adjusted from 3.3 – 5.0 volts in .1 volt increments.
    * Wattage can be adjusted from 6.0 – 11.0 W in .5 watts increments.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. Hi, a few questions about my order:

I bought a THC stick on 2/17 (during the 'backorder') and was wondering 2 things-

1. Will it ship out soon? The order status is still "processing"

2. Will it have the nichrome or new hash v2's?

Thanks

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

12. 1. There are multiple acts of God holding up the THC stick. I am not sure of the delivery date right now. Can I send you a Viceroy Kit instead?

2. They will have our newest V2s.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. #853 WaxPayne, Feb 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2014

Fire OGK Honeycomb for now :) I might start posting my weekly / every two week pickups :D It'll be something I can show you while waiting for Ecig parts :D

I'd recommend the Itaste VV (get one from Fasttech.com) 

It's the closest thing to a Vamo (variable volt/watt, lcd, decent mah rating, fancy,etc.)  while remaining in the compact Ego form factor. 

It also has a passthrough feature, meaning it can be used while charging in a usb . 

14. #854 chaseroot, Feb 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2014
    Thanks! What should I have the wattage set to for say the V2 or Mega V2?

15. That would be great WaxPayne, I always like to see what other people are vaping.  There are so many great strains out there right now. Fire it up!

16. Alright so I looked through the thread, awesome... But there was so much that I can't really decide.
    Can anyone recommend a cheap, stealthy, black/more descreet setup?
    Mostly for fullmelt hash.

17. eGo-Twist or Vision Spinner battery, with any 510 thread usb/wall plug charger, and a Gentleman's V2 oil atomizer or V2 Mega.

For around $90 give or take depending on shipping costs.

18. #858 _inhaledeep, Feb 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2014
    Wow thanks the Viceroy kit would be much appreciated. 

If you can ship it out soon, can I message you my address on here?

the gentlemen's viceroy kit looks very promising.
    it's shorter than the ego pen set up so it's that much more discreet/portable.

20. Ok so I setup the dual coil ceramic build and... It's awesome!!! No nasty taste and a great vape. Just be patient as it takes more time to heat up like Lucid Lemonade said.

I boiled the ceramic sticks then put them out to dry :
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393272353.073625.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393272375.383025.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393272396.425036.jpg

Group everything you will need together in a clean work space . You will need 28 gauge A-1 Kanthal wire (30 or 32 work) , a small screwdriver or Allen wrench (I used the one in my Kayfun) , tweezers , Trident atomizer, wire cutter or scissors ,ceramic wicks , APV like Vamo or SvD or MVP, etc.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393272622.003896.jpg

Cut two 6 inch pieces of Kanthal wire , then torch them . Torching the wire takes out some of the springy-ness. This makes wrapping the coils easier. You want to make them orange but try not to melt the wire . Slow passes with a torch work well :

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393272662.491161.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393272775.162656.jpg

Or ready to wrap. Take a wick and wire and start your wrap *RIGHT ON THE EDGE of the ceramic wick. You want your wrap close to the edge so u don't waste these wicks since they are not cheap and break easily. *When holding the wire , I use my ring and middle fingers as well as my thumb with left left hand . Position the wick with your first finger. Pics will help :

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393273063.903736.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393273098.740450.jpg

Ok now we are ready to start the hardest wrap : our first one. Wrap the wire over the top of the ceramic wick . Once you get around the wick once, continue wrapping but make sure all your loops are as close together as possible :

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393273231.153186.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393273252.407971.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393273295.022007.jpg

Now that you have a wrap , continue wrapping the coil . I wrapped 10 times since I'm using 28 gauge Kanthal and am going to be doing two coils . I need higher wraps for more resistance since the resistance will be split when two coils are attached to the atomizer. I recommend over 7 wraps so your resistance isn't too low.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393273466.510183.jpg

Once you have your wraps done it should look something like this

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393273511.200351.jpg

Now do EVERYTHING all over again. We are making two for dual coil build .

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393273587.704378.jpg

****if the coils aren't tight enough , just torch the wick and coil , then use your tweezers and gently tighten then by pinching the outsides of the coils together while on the wick .

Now take all the screw heads off the trident . Insert the coil with the underhand side going into the outside (aka negative ) post. Don't do anything with the other part of the wire , leave it flat in between the center and outside post . Place the screw head on the negative where the only wire is through the posts . Don't screw down all the way, make sure wire can still move freely.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393274077.164403.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393273740.700251.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393273921.623882.jpg

Now we can put the other end of the wire in the center post (aka positive post) . Take AND LEAVE OFF the center post screw head. We cant put that on until both central post wires from BOTH coils can fit through there. Make sure when doing so , the center wire is flat.
    Cut the wire on the negative post (the only wire we fed and screwed down. You can pull with center wire a little to the opposite side to make it easier to cut. Leave a few millimeters of space so we can adjust later

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393273969.686468.jpg

Now repeat this exact process for the other coil . Try not to mess the first one up. Remember that this part takes time , patience and a steady hand, do don't do this kinda stuff when youre pissed off or you'll just get more frustrated .

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393274165.183084.jpg

Cut the wires and adjust the coils so they are as close the posts without touching as possible and also make them "float" just a couple MM away from the bottom of the atomizer deck.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393274311.113806.jpg

Put your center post on , adjust the coils to your liking , then screw on that positive post screw head (center post screw head) . Cut any excess wire as close to the posts as possible. Get the ends out of the way by folding them up toward the screw heads.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393274536.662081.jpg

I had to cut the ends of my wicks just a tad. This is why it's always good to start your wrap toward the outside edge. That way you won't waste wick.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393274659.970914.jpg

We now need to check the resistance for our safety and the safety of the atomizer and mod. These coils will burn nice as they are low resistance with 1.1 ohms .

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393274916.422982.jpg

Add your product to the ceramic. With the ceramic , you need more amount to prime than you would with the Gents or previous carts on here. What I do is melt wax, pour it in, turn on APV and hold the fire button for 2 seconds, let go and then do it again. Repeat the power pulsing process 2-3 times and your good to go. You also could just set wax on the coils , melt by powering the device , then repeat.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393274851.798926.jpg

Place the cap of the atomizer on and make sure you adjust the airholes of the Trident to be directly over BOTH coils. The trident has dual airholes for dual coils but most dual coils attys have dual air hole.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393274988.896472.jpg

Congratulations , you just made a ceramic dual coil atomizer !

With this setup ...damn I cant even begin to tell you. You ever get tht nasty burnt taste from a cart or atty? Well you won't with this! You want a nice tasting, mellow vape that doesn't leave you feeling like you have a hole in your throat? Get this. Want fat clouds? Get this.

This is by far my favorite wax atomizer . It does take longer to heat up but only by a mere 2 seconds . The coils need to but small enough to fit inside the atomizer , otherwise you will short out and potentially hurt yourself ! Experiment with it . Maybe you will be making different coils or wicks . Maybe wrap each of the wicks with Ekowool sleeve to get more wicking potential, make a quad coil build, dragon nano coils ceramics, etc , etc.

Sorry I took so long guys but this thing trumps EVERYTHING. It's just like dabbing from a healthstone, without the need for the torch ! :) I have more rebuildables of different sizes on the way so I am looking forward to playing around with the ceramics more . I'll add some cloud pics tonight :)