Do my plants look alright? Just sprouted and whats the next step?!?!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SmokeyMcDank, Feb 9, 2012.

1. #1 SmokeyMcDank, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2012
    Ok my plants just sprouted. plant 1 the first 2 pics as you can see it curves at the top. ( I dont know why) But plant 2 seems to be growing straight up and seems alright

What is my next step? I watered them about 2 days ago.

Also my temperature fluxuates from 78 to 87 degrees when the lights are cut on. Will that be ok?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Your next step is to figure out how to keep the temps under control. 85+ is not good for a plant, especially in it's early development stages.

3. Any tips? I really dont have any ideas as what to do. Its a half tent/box in the corner of my closet. I was hoping some of the cracks would allow for better ventilation to get through. I got 1 6" fan in the box but thats about it.

Also why is my plant curling at the top?

4. I found my plants were curling at the tops it was due to inadequate ventilation humidity and fresh air coming in.

5. lift ur light about 6 inches then u will be fine

6. Get a good brand name fan to exhaust the air. Investing is ventilation is just below importance of lights. (maybe PH meter should go in there too)
    Or get an AC machine (very expensive)
    Or get cheap fans and hope for the best?

7. Ivr already constructed my grow area. And taking it apart to put it a exhaust fan might be kinda hard! I am just trying to think of simple things to lower the temperature of my closet. I just added another fan in there hopefully it will bring the temps down.

8. You should have no problem with temps using cfls unless you have a ship load lol how many do you have.

9. Makes you wonder how MJ grows in places like Mexico and Thailand :p

10. I am using 4 right now. Gets about 90 with the grow door shut

11. With only 4 cfl what wattage are they i use 8 cfl and 24 foot of flouro battens and i don't even use a fan inside my grow space just 1 pc fan for intake and a pc fan for outtake as long as the temp stays below 30 and above 18 degrees celcius you will be fine. 85 is optimal bit i just read that 90 is also fine and some plants absorb more light better at that temp.

12. What do you mean by curling? Do you mean how the first plant is bent over?

That's normal, the plant is just straightening itself out. It's all curled up as an embryo so it won't come out straight at first. They both look good to me, nice green color with thick stems.

If you have your fan blowing over the tops of the plants, it should cool the air thats in between the bulbs and the plant. Also make sure you're introducing cool air, otherwise you'll just be circulating hot air, and the fan won't be nearly as effective.

I've read that if your humidity is lower than normal that your plant will be able to handle higher temps without burning, although growth will slow down.

13. I am gonna put a fan right by the bulbs now! Thanks!

14. Of course!

It might take a few tries to get it right, but once you find that sweet spot the temp should stay pretty consistent. Also, try angling the fan slightly up to carry the heat away a little better.

Can you post a pic of the whole setup?