Why is my hash green?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Frank420, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Hello, I make bubble hash in the one gallon bags. I use trim from my grows. I've done it quite a few times and it has always given me some really nice hash.
    However, the last two times I ran trim I got all this green powder mixed in with the blonde goodness. The resulting product came out pretty gross and just no good.
    I usually do about a 10-15 minute run. However this time I only did a 5 minute run. My hope was that the end product would come out even more pure than normal. But both times I did it, it came out green.
    Is it possible it's just a genetic thing? I know hash varies greatly from strain to strain. The strain I used for this hash is Buddahs Sister....idk.
    This is weird to me, I looked on google and couldn't really find any obvious answers. I also inspected the work bag closely and I don't believe there are any holes in it.

Any ideas???

2. Yup sounds to me like a hole. The green color your seeing is the chlorophyll being passed onto the product from the leaves. Your basically extracting thc and chlorophyll.

3. #3 fayn2madness, Feb 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2012
    Check your seams. If a thread broke it may not be noticeable. go around the seams and stretch to see if there is a gap anywhere. Go in a dark room and look through the mesh into the dim light to check for holes. I just do a shake method and get beautiful hash but if you over work the shake or mash it too hard you will get the green. I personally love the smell of the greener but I love the smell of the gold too.