Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ways to keep weed from drying out

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by XSN, Jun 21, 2006.

1. if it's only a little bit use the jars that baby food comes in (i mean if you've only got a gram or two that you're tryin to keep good). anything else get a mason jar, something like [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Ball-Wide-Mouth-Mason-Canning-Case/dp/B000BWZ7QO"]this[/ame]. walmart sells em cheap, too.

[​IMG]

2. I have tried a multitude of different jars to see which ones seem to work the best, this is from my personal experience and i'm sure others will agree.

Pill Bottles: I've found that they're not air tight and pretty much leave the bud dried out after a little while and require re hydrating.

Weed Jars (420 Science): In all honesty, they work, however, I feel that air still gets in the jars causing the bud to dry out, just not nearly as fast.

Mason Jar: I've found these to be the best to use, they're a two piece lid which the flat lid has a rubber seal to literally make them air tight. I've yet to have any of my bud dry out.

3. You should go to a surplus store and buy an ammunition can, cheap air and water tight. Invest in a quart size mason jar. Keep it and all your shit in there and it will not dry out and wont smell up everything.

4. Obviously wash very thoroughly unless you want to be experiencing "Haze no. 5 x Sour Gherkin".
    Sometimes I find if it's dried out a bit, keeping it in a differnt place (differnet room?) - it seems to get some of the moisture back.