Do I flush during last two weeks of flower?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Jimmy Carter, Jan 28, 2012.

1. I know that when growing in soil, you should flush your plant with straight water for the last two weeks of flowering. Does this need to be done in hydroponics?

I am currently just over a month into flower with my mini bubble container that holds about a 1/3gallon of water. Would I need to use pure water for the last two weeks or not?

Thanks! :smoke:

2. I have used nuts. the whole way through until the day of chop. The cure came out just fine. I know coming from soil myself I had always heard to flush 2 weeks in advance. I am going to use the method for my next hydro grow but with a little tweak. Since in soil you have a lot more nutrients readily available in the soil it will take longer for the soil to fully flush. Since in hydro all the nutrients are used much more quickly I will keep them on their nutrient regimen awhile longer. I will probably flush only the last week or the last few days. I figure keep the nuts. pumping and the buds growing till the last week, then just stave them so she throws out more resin. The taste is suppose to be better and less harsh when you give it a good flush.

Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps

3. Hi..

Persoanlly, I always flush. The last grow I ran a mixture of GH FloraKleen through the system for 7 days and then went to PH adjusted water for the last 7 days.

I was taught by my mentor to flush the plants, but I also know of other hydro growers who do not.

Good Luck!

4. Thanks for the advice. I'll probably to what Aliens said and flush the last few days.

5. i noticed that when i flush the buds swell bigger 10 day flush

6. 5 grows under my belt, flushed 2 of them, left the other 2, same result. I have a 2 to 4 site (depending on grow) rDWC system. I flushed using distilled water and florakleen, but honestly, couldn't tell the difference.

7. I do a seven day flush. Three days with a flushing agent, and four or more if needed to rip with just plain ph balanced water.

Flushing making a world of difference when you're pushing your plants to the limits.

8. ^^^^ what he said, its important to flush. not only your ash will be all white if the plant is flushed properly and when flushing, you plant thinks its ending its life cycle which will release more resin right before dying, so you get that lil kick up of resin

9. Ok that sounds good. I'm thinking ok using pH balanced RO water for the last 7 days

10. I do. I notice a much smoother smoke.

11. For that flushing period, do you have to apply 3 X the container volume size in water everyday? Or do you evenly distribute it over 2 weeks? Thanks in advance for a reply GC.

12. Good point ^

13. No just water as normal with water only and drain and refill the res a couple of times with water only.
    Flushing removes the nute buildup from the plant which makes for a much nicer smoke.