Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

High CBD strains in seattle/WA....discuss?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by KinkySwitch, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Well I'm pretty bored right now, no sleep, insomnia, psych issues bothering me. I might just go check out THC Care Provider, provided they're open, which they should be.
    If the crystals fall off though.. I'd want to catch them, but my grinder doesn't have a screen or compartment. It's one of those 5 dollar magnetic acrylic ones from Peace of Mind in the U-district.

I need to get out of the apartment, I can't be sitting here like this

2. #22 Ceia, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2012
    oooh ballard, yeah it is a distance via bus (i made the trip from auburn though) there are some good collectives in ballard too i have only been to one there though when i got my rec.. if your in the sodo district (near safeco / clink) go to the greenlink collective there kinda new and they got a free medible or gram for new patients and a t-shirt if you mention weedmaps (i got a black og kush one :smoke: )

3. I WANT A TEESHIRT!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!! lol Sorry spazzed =) I'll have to check them out!

4. forgot to mention as i just seen the review article in northwest leaf, they have some canna-pills there called CoCo Tabs and they are actually pretty effective even for someone with a high tolerance, there nice big and green (cant see through) made with some kind of coconut oil, the review shows some indica ones but i forgot to mention they gave me 2 hybrid ones free

5. Do you happen to know if Purple Flow has high CBD? I really like the taste of that strain.

6. I don't think I'm ready to take canna-pills. I don't think I need the strong stuff, really. as long as I can keep inflammation down, neural pain down, and muscle tightness/cramps/spasms down, I'm okay. Mood boosting and anxiety/PTSD control is also improtant but I've got regular pills for that that I'm supposed to be trying to stick to a schedule with.

I made some peanut butter with ground up weed (that recipe is in the edibles section of the forum) and I havent' really touched any of it. I put a gram in 2 cups of PB. I just don't know if I'm ready to eat that, it might upset my stomach actually.....

7. IMO it wasnt that strong (as in you would get way more of a noticeable effect from smoking) but it did cure back spasms / pain and leg cramping as well as nausea, thats really the only kind of benefit just pure relief w/o sedate. im not sure if they have sativa ones but in the review for the indica one said it lasted 4-5 hours which kinda disapointed me because the hybrid was like 1-2 max

8. #28 tstick, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2012
    IF it's really a purple and not just a name, then typically, yes, purples have a higher CBD level and a lower relative THC level -in general. I'm not familiar with that strain name...but it's not surprising because there's only like about a million strain names nowadays!

9. [quote name='"tstick"']

IF it's really a purple and not just a name, then typically, yes, purples have a higher CBD level and a lower relative THC level -in general. I'm not familiar with that strain name...but it's not surprising because there's only like about a million strain names nowadays![/quote]

Do you have any links providing higher cbd percent strains in relation with the purple strain and not the color?

10. Unfortunately, I don't.

11. I did find this...

"CBD isn’t considered psychoactive, but it does produce a host of pharmacological activity in the body. CBD shows less affinity for the two main types of cannabis receptors, CB1 and CB2, meaning that it attaches to receptors more weakly, and activates them less robustly, than THC. The euphoric effects of marijuana are generally attributed to THC content, not CBD content. In fact, there appears to be an inverse ratio at work. According to a paper in Neuropsychopharmacology, "Delta-9-THC and CBD can have opposite effects on regional brain function, which may underlie their different symptomatic and behavioral effects, and CBD's ability to block the psychotogenic effects of delta-9-THC."

The kind of cannabis people want to buy has a high THC/low CBD profile, while the hemp chemotype is just the reverse—low THC/high CBD. While the medical marijuana movement has concentrated on Purple Kush and other high-THC breeds, medical researchers have often tilted towards the CBD-heavy variants, since CBD seems to be directly involved with some of the purported medicinal effects of the plant. So, CBD specifically does not produce the usual marijuana high with accompanying euphoria and forgetfulness and munchies. What other researchers have discovered is that pot smokers who suffer the most memory impairment are the ones smoking cannabis low in cannabidiol, while people smoking cannabis high in cannabidiol—cheap, seedy, brown weed—show almost no memory impairment at all. THC content didn't seem to matter. It was the percentage of CBD that controlled the degree of memory impairment, the authors of earlier studies concluded.

The researchers found evidence in Purple Kush for “upregulation of cannabinoid ‘pathway genes’ and the exclusive presence of functional THCA synthase.” That means the reason hemp doesn’t get you high is because it is lacking the crucial enzyme—THCA synthase—that limits production of CBD and allows the production of THC to go wild. In contrast, cannabis strains producing high levels of THC—the Kushes and Hazes and White Widows and other seriously spendy variants—do have high levels of the enzyme that limits the production of CBD. Purple Kush gets you high because it has a built-in chemical brake on the production of CBD. Hemp doesn’t.

In a press release from the University of Saskatchewan, the researchers explain how they think this divergence came about: “Over thousands of years of cultivation, hemp farmers selectively bred Cannabis sativa into two distinct strains—one for fiber and seed, and one for medicine.” This intensive selective breeding resulted in changes in the essential enzyme for THC production, which “is turned on in marijuana, but switched of in hemp,” as Page put it. Furthermore, says co-leader Tim Hughes of the Department of Molecular Genetics at the University of Toronto, an additional enzyme responsible for removing materials required for THC production was “highly expressed in the hemp strain, but not the Purple Kush.” The loss of this enzyme in Purple Kush eliminated a substance “which would otherwise compete for the metabolites used as starting material” in THC production."

12. Oh wow! Thank you for providing that. =) That is so cool!!
    I bought some Grand Daddy Purple and last night I tried Grand Daddy Kush, then tried GDP, I slept okay, woke up once, but I had a pretty eventful day and had worn my body down pretty good.

13. DUTCH HAWAIIAN.... Very potent CBD strain, even has 18% THC if you can believe it. I bought a bunch of it at BEST BUDS COOP in MAgnolia. They had it for $15 a gram but for some reason all month long are offering 20% OFF EVERY DONATION. fuckin crazy, my buddy went and got a zip of some fire for $225. Unreal right! some super fire for a decent price. Best Buds is the shit you can find them on weedmaps or facebook

14. For the month of Feb, yeah it's a great deal. I'm mostly interested in their purple kush... I'm actually not very impressed with their prices, especially on their 8ths.

They do have a lot of edibles though, for people that like edibles, I haven't really done that yet.

15. Ya but all month long is 20% off every visit, so you are getting a crazy good deal on any amount you buy. SO you 1/8 becomes very affordable. BEST BUDS is the way to go, best spot in Seattle/Magnolia area!!!

16. Your dispensary just opened recently. Your advertising. The last 3 and only 3 reviews for your dispensary on weedmaps were all made within the first week of Feb. Stop trying to sneak-advertise

17. orange crush is high cbd. im smoking it right now, smells like tang lol

18. ....Is Orange Crush in Washington....Western Washington? If So, where can I find it?

19. seen it at quite a few dispenseries and co-ops/collectives but never as top shelf, more as just a no-name mids kinda thing (average market value type sort)

the only places iv seen it (cared to glance at jar / name etc) (and can find on weedmaps that carry it) are in Kent and Tacoma.

20. Yeah, I searched around for it. It didn't get very good reviews as a strain of marijuana. Plus, there's also some "fake" weed that's known as "Orange Krush"