Mr. Postmans overgrown closet grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Mister Postman, Jun 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Your insperation Mister postman, please have my babies.

2. Dear god man. You do realize, if it\'s at all possible to OD on weed, it\'s gonna be from YOUR weed, right? I mean... I feel bad for ones brain, smoking that shit... must be an overload.

Nevertheless bro, I\'m gonna find you. I\'m gonna track you down, find you, break in to your house... and then force you to match me for a bowl or two, lol.

I love just reading through this thread...

3. You\'re my hero.... shh jesus christ you\'re my hero man. craziest bud I\'ve ever seen, wish I could toke with you man

4. So what happened to the eight grams of LH that got FLUSHED down the toilet.
    he he :)

ok, I\'m done being an ass.

What did you say you got at wal-mart to cover the smell?

5. Couple updates...

My grapefruit x nl has hermie tendencies.. Last round I had few male flowers pop late in flower, and thought maybe it was just a fuck up on my part with the light leaks in the closet, so I kept her around for another run.. Well This run the same thing, late flower hermie.. So unfortunitely she\'s cut.. Grapefruit x nl, you are the weakest link. Good bye.....

Well anyway dropping the gf x nl momma from the veg cabinet, opened up some room for another fine lady.. The diesel is coming~~~ Dropped the first 5 wonder diesel (East coast sour diesel x williams wonder), and in another 30 days once the first 5 are sexed, I\'ll go ahead, and drop the remaining 5. Wish me luck.. Been waiting for a taste of that diesel for a long time..

6. Mister Postman can you do me a favor and post some bud shots? i have a slow computer that i have to use and i cant look through your journal so can you plz post some bud shots?

7. I almost shit myself uponseeing thse purple buds GOD DAMN, dude. i\'ve never seen anything quite like that. needless to say, i think i found my strain for my first, non bagseed grow. great job man. peace

8. Ah the taste of Diesel! Good luck my friend. I\'m gonna tag along for that journey.

I\'m interested to see how rez\'s seeds turn out. Lots of people are saying that his deez line is gods gift to herb. Some examples are \"the diesel clone in seed form\".... and others are saying the lines are unstable, hermie ridden, poop weed, and that rez is just in it for the money (and with some of his gear\'s prices on seedbay, i\'m inclined to think theres some truth there... fuckin thousand dollar seed packs my ass!!!!).

Ill withold any judgement till i see your results tho.
    If anyone can make em dank, i know its you.

9. Hashberry
    [​IMG]

90 cure ice
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PPP
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. That PPP looks too good to be real. If I didn\'t know you had such a green thumb I would say those pics had been Photoshopped in some way. I have never seen purple look so tasty with a blanket of crystals over it.

11. I hope I can grow that caliber of ganja. BTW, what\'s the deal with trich color and the type of high? Something about 50/50 (cloudy/amber) is a mind stone and a 20/80 is more of a body stone?

12. So,If I understand correctly, Your Method of Topping and LST Makes the plant take this type of shape for anyone who was asking. Correct me If Im wrong

13. Yeah basically as the plant ripenes the cannibinoid profiles change, and this can be seen in the trichomes using a microscope. Thc is what provides the headie more up highs, and cbn, cbd and many others combine to create the body aspect of the high. As the trichome forms it appears clear under the microscope, as the chemicals start building in the trichome heads appear cloudy, and once the thc in the trichome starts to degrade they turn amber, so harvesting at different times will effect the cannibinoid profiles, and thus the aspects of the high recieve..

I personally like mine around 10% clear 80% cloudy, and 10% amber.. Basically I shoot for as many cloudy as I can get before a good majority starts ambering out. A lot of it seems to be strain dependent too... I preferr the headier more awake type of high, so I try to harvest before to many amber out

14. Yeah, I\'m more interested in the brain tingles than couch lock. So when they start turning color, do they generally start around the same time, which is how you can get it up at 80%? Or is it kind of a hit an miss thing, completely dependant on the strain you\'re growing.

15. Yes, a lot has to do with the strain and when it matures. Basically those % I gave were guidlines LOL. To tell you the truth I always laughed when someone used percentages as I find it extrmely hard to come up with accurate percentages looking at all thse crystals under the scope, and it is very plant specific as to how they change. Some will have lots still clear as some degrade to amber, and some will be fully cloudy when the first start to degrade to amber.. But basically when I start seeing amber I start my flush, and harvest anywhere from 10-14 days from that at point. I\'ve always been happy with my harvests doing it like that;) . I say the best advice would be the first time you grow a strain to harvest some early, some mid, and let some fully rippen, and see what you like.. Then the next round you\'ll know exactly when to pull her to your liking.

16. Hey Plex this little diagram I did shows how I top, and lst when creating my bush style plants..

Basically when you top the plant, the verticle growth is stopped, but the two inner node growth shoots continue on as the two main tops.. Basically cutting the plant and letting it focus it\'s energy at the next possible growth shoots which are the two right before where you cut.. Hope that makes sense...

Anyway I top (red) the plant and let it grow out for a bit. I then tie down those two top main growth shoots almost horizontal (dark green), and top them again. creatng more tops, and to allow the inner node growth (light green) to grow out, and catch up with the main branches creating a nice bush, and even canopy. Basically tieing it horizontal allows all the inner node growth to become part of the top of the plant, and yielding buds.

[​IMG].
    [​IMG]
    and what u get is something like this which works great as a mothe plant for clones as it creates a shit ton of growth shoots.
    [​IMG]

17. how many gallons is the container that\'s housing that mother plant?

18. That\'s about a 6.5in. round container x 6.5in high or so.. Not sure exactly the measurement of soil it holds, but soon after the pic was taken it was transplanted into 8.5in. square x 8.5 high pot.

That was a little extreme, but I\'d say more times then not people transplant to soon, and into to big of containers to fast. Your final pot can be as big as you\'d like, but you should gradually fill out pots, and move up in size gradually. The roots naturally grow outwards, and to the wall of the pots in search of water, and begin to wrap around the perimeter. If you take a plant from a small cup, and place it into it\'s final pot again the roots will head out as far as they can go, and begin wrapping around the pots never really returning to the soil it passed along the way... Transplanting frequintly creates a solid root system with no empty spaces in the middle. Plants make better use of the nutrients in the soil, and also the nutients you feed them. Your watering schedule will be much more routine as you don\'t have empty spaces of soil holding moisture while the rest drys

A tip: If your transplanting and soil is falling out from around the roots, your transplanting to soon, and into to big of containers;)

when transplanting don\'t just take out the root mass, and place into the new pot.. Use your fingers. and loosen the rootball a bit. Doing this, and transplanting into proper sized containers I have notice no transplant shock at all. The next day the leaves are facing the light, and they go right on growing. I have been making sure that my final transplant happens before the plant has set buds.

19. That\'s a beautiful mother plant Mr.Postman, your thread was the first thread I actually began following here. You are an inspiration to many and I hope I have my garden filled with some beautiful purp in the near future, but for now I will stick to Kush.

All the best and feel free to drop by and check out my grow.

-JACK-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.