Ebb and Gro 8000watts 96 buckets

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Stickytea, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Wow. Just...wow.

2. Are you plants exposed to outside temps and that's the reason the mr nice turn purple? Or is it an indoor controlled temp and it just genetically is that way? Your plants are beatiful man, awesome set up

3. #23 JonJonJon, Mar 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2012
    Were the mr nice you got originally from seed or clone? Because I can only fin sensi seeds mr nice non-feminized (g13xhashplant) and I don't know how much I trust that to be the original strain....

4. #24 Stickytea, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2012
    24 bucket room update
    this room is ready to flip to 12/12

Attached Files:

5. I have a 8" duct pulling cold air from the outside, I put the plants on a 12/12, with the dark cycle at night so I could use the cold nite air. During the day the temps were high 70's with the 2 1kwatts lights going. Mr nice guy will turn super purple with those cold temps at night, I think it is genetics.

6. 30 bucket room update cropped all, totals about 2 lbs, its what I expected from mostly sativa dominates, one elbow per 1k watt is typical. Also a clear sign that I need to update my bulbs, the blue dream didn't have the dense nugs that I've had in past :(
    here's some of the final Mr Nice Guy, nugs not as purple as the fan leaves were. blue dream, larger nugs, maybe not so dense but it turned out super potent and that's what I'm shooting for!

Attached Files:

7. I love the taste of mr nice, that nug is super coated

- trimming my bubba kush right now

8. Hey can i ask you some thing?...What medum do you use?..I use hyrdoton and my clones are in rockwell...i was told to put the rockwell in so it dosent touch the water or it will wick and cause stem root in this system?

9. the gods gift in the 42 room one half was just the clone directly into the hydroton and the other half some are in rockwool cubes and put into hydroton, I did make sure to have the top of the rockwool cube up so it isn't covered by the hydroton. None got stem rot, but its possible if the cube is soaked all the time

*see pic attaches**I had to keep that gods gift going so I cloned from the biggest one at one-two weeks into flower, I plan on keeping them to replace those 42 once they get cropped. and yesterday I put those clones rockwool cube into a small ebb and flow tray in plastic bags with hydroton. I took a pic of em, I hope they don't get stem rot cuZ the water is flowing in and the little bags are kinda floating until it drains after 15 min. I will be watching these carfully since it's the first time I did this system

these clones are in the 30 bucket room with the new Purple Gorilla and Ken's Cut Blue Dream.

Attached Files:

10. UPdate on gods gift grow these are really coming out nice! half way there

Attached Files:

11. update on the 24 room of bio diesel and purple afgan kush just flipped to 12/12, the kush supposed to be 100 indica is super short its the first time I've grown it so I can't wait to see the flowers the bio diesel way taller and sativa dominate

Attached Files:

12. Thanks for the info...plants look great. What kind of lights do you have?

13. 1000 watt sun system ballasts, I just buy the plantmaxx hps bulbs for about 40 bucks each, just replaced the four in the big room.

14. today I pulled up those cubes so the top is sure to be dry, I didn't see anything that looked like stem rot. you should be fine putting the rockwool into the hydroton, just dont sink them in too deep into the hydroton. Those gods gift grew like crazy and they were 1 1/2 rockwool cubes in hydroton, none had stem rot at all.
    I think that happens when it's over watered and the cubes are soaked way too much. I've always been told MJ plants don't like to be too wet, less watering the better

15. just checking in, nice grow... quick question..how far are your lights? also what kind of reflectors are you using?

16. #36 Stickytea, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2012
    6" air cooled reflectors, xtrasun I think, I picked a couple up off of craigslist. I'm planning on upgrading to those magnum xxl reflectors after this crop. the hoods are about 20" give or take over the canopy.

i always look to buy equipment used, because there are sooo many people that end up selling when they move or get busted by landlords etc...

17. I like used stuff too...no ballest...every one starts grows one time and says...HEY thats not like the stuff i get...lol..They dont relize its a life style to grow top shelf...WE HAVE NO LIFE...LOL

18. thats actually a good idea ;) thanks

19. update, those Gods Gift clones are coming along, water once a day for 15 min. No stem rot on any and it's been a week. My original plan wasn't to cut/grow clones but just can't let this strain go.

also no more mixing strains in one room, it's too much trouble.
    here's the flowering room, another 3 1/2 to 4 weeks to finish

Attached Files:

20. Wow if you still have 3 to 4 weeks to go? How do you get by with no support? I know what your saying about mixing strains, i had a old tray system and had no controll over plant moverment at all..i run my short plants in the middle the exter light seems to help them stay up to the rest? Your room is looking great.