What advanced nutrients should I use?(want to drop lucas formula)

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Subiebotz, Jan 22, 2012.

1. [quote name='"sippin"']An 3 part - great results

sensi bloom next

botanicare problend pro

gh 3 part

fluroduo[/quote]

Why 3 part before sensi bloom wouldnt sensi be better ive used 3 part its awesome but thought sensi bloom would blow it away in growth gell might be same shit just 2 bottles

2. I don't know with 100% certainty and I don't really want to try to look it up myself TBH, but the difference between the 3-part and the Sensi 2-part is minimal. I don't think it's exactly the same thing just divided into a different number of bottles, but they are pretty similar.

Some people like 2 part formulas, some like 3, so this way they have whichever you like. That's my impression at least. There's probably a bit more to it than that but this answer is close enough from our perspective I would say.

Just use whichever you like. I don't think you'll see any difference in yield either way.

3. I'm using Bud Candy right now and plan on stopping because it does in fact ruin the natural smell. I used it on 4 of my 5 plants, and the ones I did use it on have the sweet, bud candy smell instead of the natural dope smell

I'm hoping the natural kush smell comes back tho, the flavour does get old fast like someone said earlier. i still have a month of flowering to go so I'm going to cut it out of my nutes line up. The bud candy plants def have more thc and buds are larger though at this point, so it helps, but fucks with the smell in my experience.

Overall I like AN's products though

4. I'm using Bud Candy right now and plan on stopping because it does in fact ruin the natural smell. I used it on 4 of my 5 plants, and the ones I did use it on have the sweet, bud candy smell instead of the natural dope smell

I'm hoping the natural kush smell comes back tho, the BC flavour does get old fast like someone said earlier. i still have a month of flowering to go so I'm going to cut it out of my nutes line up and hope the smell goes away. The bud candy plants def have more thc and buds are larger though at this point, so it helps, but fucks with the smell in my experience.

Overall I like AN's products though

5. Budcandy actualy made my bubba kush "cut from dispensary" taste better more mocha sweetness but i dont use it much any more

6. my largest plants are BK, I don't hate the smell, but i would prefer if it had more of its natural smell back. Good to know they should taste fine though, my first time growing kush

7. Ditto. I hear what you're saying about Bud Candy too. It can run a little sweeter than some folks want, but the growth boost is totally worth it.

I've really come to like it in my grows, but I also like things sweeter these days.

8. Sometimes I'm in the mood for the flavor Bud Candy imparts, sometimes I'm not.

I like having both options available.

9. There's no proof bud candy imparts any flavour whatsoever. It's a carb product, based on the idea that microbes in the soil feed on the sugars and thrive, and in turn break down nutes and make them more available to the plant. It's a product which was changed a while ago when somebody bought some and concluded that it was just massively overpriced molasses. Anyone who has used molasses since years back knows that it doesn't sweeten your crop or change the flavour in any way. All this stuff about flavour of crops is in the mind of the grower in my opinion.

10. Watcher whats your thoughts on Gravity? I know all the negatives but damm that stuff works in my little dwc great and i only use 1ml a gal for about 2 weeks starting wk 4 then flush...run straight wtr..for two weeks. Without it i don't get the density i'm looking for

11. I don't know what that is mate so I can't comment. As far as boosters etc go, things such as phosphorus and potassium are proven plant nutrients so definitely they can be used to effect, but there are so many variables. For example if your base is high in nitrogen then you might see a good effect supplementing with a pk booster and replacing some of the base, so then in turn you might interpret that as the booster being good;increasing your yields, but really it was just that you adjusted the NPK yourself to make it slightly better for a flowering/fruiting crop plant. If you understand basics like what leaf to bud ratio you're looking for and what the signs of slight imbalances look like, you can make the slight adjustments necessary to get a better harvest. In that respect some booster products can help you achieve that.

12. Watcher Gravity is kind of like a flower hardner is the best way i can put it. The bud gets dense and hard. The FDA won't let it be sold in Cali or i should say shipped because the maker won't reveal all the ingredients. You can get it online and then shipped into cali. If you use it you have to flush bigtime and it has a bad rap healthwise if you ingest it...it is extremely concentrated and can easily burn your plnts...but it is extremely effective for pumping your yeild up especially in a small grow...FDA put nytrozine thru the same stuff in the 80's when it first came out

13. The thing with some of these products which refer to density etc is that the bud should be dense anyway if genetics allow for it. I mean if you let a strain which will fill out and harden or foxtail, and the bud is made of lots of dense calyxes, I don't know how you could get harder or more dense than that. Bigger maybe, but that's not down to the additives but again the feed and how you feed. A lot of these products never have proper side by side tests to look at so it's hard to give any kind of opinion on them really.

I don't know if cannabis can take up more than it can take up, if you know what I mean. So maybe it's just that using these boosters alters the npk ratios of peoples feed to the point where it better promotes bigger more dense flowers.

14. I haven't tried out Lucas Formula from GH product on my yield. But I'm irregular grower and I had experience on advanced nutrients. Using advanced nutrients product seems to get good quality and best result. It's the cheapest one and always gets best quality of bud.