How do you De-calcify your "Pineal Gland"?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by BLVCK ANGEL, Jan 22, 2012.

1. im wondering this too

I never heard about this so after seeing this thread i look up some info on this topic but i couldnt really find what the adverse effects of having a calcified pineal gland, nor a comparison to a healthy one or the positive benefits of de-calcifying, other than a few unhelpful anecdotal posts on various sites such as "i took skate liver oil now i feel great!"

anybody have any real in depth information about what exactly a calcified pineal gland means in terms of your health and what some benefits of a de-calcifying it are? and what exactly does this skate liver oil do?

2. So much hype in this thread.

Pineal calcification is a normal process that happens as your body extends past puberty. It is NOT reversible, and no, vitamin k2 and "skate liver oil" aren't going to help. It's a NATURAL process, and one that has been observed for many more years than we've been adding fluoride into our drinking water.

People just simply don't want to take the time to learn how to enter altered states of consciousness without drugs. They try, and then give up, and look for a scapegoat like "I got lots of calcium gunking up my third eye."

Not how it works.

3. So that's that then?

4. Evidence seems sketchy and in need of much further scientific research but I found Wikipedia very educational on the topic of the pineal gland:

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Pineal_gland

Relating to the 3rd eye, I have gone into some notable altered states by meditating on the 3rd eye.

This is something that needs a lot more research in my opinion. It's one of those things that some people create a whole lot of hocus pocus around causing others to dismiss its significance outright

5. oranges. lots and lots of oranges.

6. Unfortunately I have some bad news, the 3rd eye isn't real and was invented by an englishman (with no previous meditational experience) just over a hundred years ago. I know what you might think about it all, but the third eye has no source at all in any form of eastern tradition. There are certainly techniques where a meditator may look up at/through anywhere from the bridge of the nose up to the higher-forehead, but there is no single point that needs to be opened, or thought of in any way similar to the third eye.

http://forum.grasscity.com/spirituality-philosophy/362630-chakras-third-eye-myth.html

Please see the above for the history of the concept.

MelT

7. Isn't the '3rd eye' practically referring to the pineal gland?

8. I'm glad I was able to make this more aware,To those who really want to know how important the pineal gland is,But a Mixture of AA gold butter + Blue ice skate fish or Cod oil,Will do more than just De-calcify the pineal gland. Took 4ever to find this out................

9. How do you know this and what makes you right? Why should we listen to you over anyone else?

10. I'm almost positive the use of the third eye goes all the way back to ancient egypt mythology such as when Ra communicates to Hathor through her third eye...

11. Only according to Theosophy, the society that invented the idea. If you go to the thread you'll see a more detailed explanation.

MelT

12. #32 MelT, Jan 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2012
    I study ancient Egypt, Hathor received the Maat, the Eye of Ra that he sent to her, which has nothing to do with the modern idea - it wasn't called the third eye by them at all. The Maat can be thought of as the goddess, or the god Shu, or as morality and justice - or even a cow in some legends. In the Ra story, the Maat (Ra's eye) is sent to Hathor so that he can give her his message.

Everything about the third eye in today's sense and its connection to meditation was invented by Theosophy, including its connection to the pineal. Sadly, this same cult also said that we were formerly four armed jelly-creatures, and that the third eye began in ancient man in the back of his head, migrating later to the front, where according to them, it withered, and we are no longer able to open it.

Here's an article explaining what the Eye actually is and the myths concerned with it, it's nothing like our western 'third eye'.

"...
    The Eye of Ra

The Eye of Ra is mentioned in numerous myths, and even when the same core myth is recorded there tend to be many variations. Ra is one of the great solar deities of ancient Egypt, central to a number of creation myths. He shares many features with the deity Atum, with whom he was often syncretised in various myths. He was a creator god, ruler of the universe, the first king of Egypt, the sun, often shown as a hawk or falcon with a sun disk surrounded by a serpent on his head.
    [​IMG]Tutankhamun mask, Egyptian Museum, Cairo (photograph by Erik Hooymans)

In the Heliopolis creation myth the creator deity is Atum, or Atum-Ra, later identified simply as Ra. Ra creates two children, a male, Shu (air) and his sister Tefnut (moisture). Shu and Tefnut in turn produced Geb (the earth) and his sister Nut (the sky). The children of Geb and Nut were Osiris, Isis, Seth and Nephthys. Between them they were known as the Heliopolis Ennead (or nine). Geb and Nut were forced apart by their father Shu to produce the sky above, the earth below, and the air and moisture between them – the realm of living humans.

In a version of the creation myth dating back to the Old Kingdom Pyramid Texts, Shu and Tefnut become lost in the Primeval sea. Ra sends his eye to search for them. When the eye returns she is so grieved to see that Ra has replaced her with a new eye that she sheds tears. Her tears gave birth to humanity. Thereafter, when the eye goddess was at Ra’s side, she took the form of a serpent coiled on the deity’s forehead, poised to fight his enemies, now known as the uraeus and best known from the Eighteenth Dynasty golden mask of Tutankhamun, although images of the uraeus are known from as early as the First Dynasty. The Eye of Ra was always able to leave Ra, to act as a servant of the god Ra in the form of an eye goddess.

In different myths the Eye is assigned to other mainly female deities, usually his daughters. The best known of these are the goddesses Hathor (sometimes represented as a cow), Sekhmet (a lioness), Wadjet (usually shown as a cobra), Mut (sometimes shown as a vulture), Bastet (a cat), Nekhebet (another vulture deity) and Tefnut (usually shown as a lioness). In the Middle Kingdom Coffin Text IV Hathor makes the statement that she is the eye of Horus. Other lion deities associated with the Eye were Mehkit and Mesjet, the latter being a specific form of the Eye of Ra known only from a stela of the 21st Dynasty found at Abydos and now in Brussels. Decorative elements on artefacts representing Bastet sometimes bear solar images including the Eye. Baboons were believed to greet the sun as it rose and representations of the baboon are often shown holding the eye. The Eye is also commonly shown in association with various forms of the divine cow, particularly Mekhweret and Hesat. In the 17th chapter of the New Kingdom “Book of the Dead” the divine cow is referred to as the “Eye of Ra”. In all guises the female eye of Ra tends to be vengeful to the enemies of Ra, delivering violence, destruction, sickness and even death.

Perhaps the best known of the stories associated with the Eye of Ra is the myth that tells of the rebellion by Ra’s human subjects. When the god became old some of his subjects rebelled against him. Ra responded by sending his Eye, in the form (usually) of Hathor to punish his enemies. Hathor, a peaceful deity, took the form of Sekhmet, a powerful lioness goddess of war and vengeance. In the form of the Eye, Sekhmet was so vengeful that she nearly destroyed humanity, in spite of Ra’s attempts to prevent further bloodshed. Ra was forced to conspire against his daughter in order to prevent the annihilation of the human race. Successful, but exhausted, he abdicated his throne and assigned the task of teaching wisdom to the human race to the god Thoth. Hathor raised Ra to the skies where he became the sun.

In another version of the myth, Ra and the eye goddess have a disagreement about her treatment of humanity and she flees to the desert (or the land of Punt, depending on the version) until Ra can eventually lure her back. There are various indications in the desert regions that the solar eye was an important deity in these areas, and that the routes that travellers used to traverse the desert between the Nile and the oases and elsewhere were considered to be the routes by which she might herself have returned to the Nile to be with Ra. One example, from Wadi Hilal near Elkab, is a place of worship for a localized form of the solar eye. Another comes from the temple of Medamud where a wall of the central kiosk at the entrance to the temple contains a hymn to Hathor the Gold, which celebrates the return of the goddess in the form of a solar eye to the Nile valley with an entourage of humans and animals.

In the Book of the Two Ways, one of the Middle Kingdom Coffin Texts, the Eye of Ra is robbed or damaged by the serpent deity Apep. Ra is wounded but emerges triumphant. This theme is also picked up in New Kingdom funerary texts.

Perhaps because he was the son of Atum-Ra, Shu is also associated with the Eye of Ra. Shu is usually represented in human form with an ostrich feather on his head, or with the head of a lion. In the latter guise he was worshipped as a form of the Eye of Ra at Leontopolis (modern Tell el-Muqdam) in the Delta.

As the sun god, Ra was closely associated with the Pharaoh, whose name from the 5th Dynasty onward included the title Son of Ra, indicating that the Pharaoh was the direct descendant of the deity himself. The first three kings of the Fifth Dynasty were said to have been born of Ra by a human woman, witnessed by Isis, Nephthys, Heqat and Meskhenet. A number of pharaohs also incorporated the name of Ra into their own names – for example, the name Ramesses means “born of Ra.” The Pharaohs adopted the uraeus, the symbol of the eye as a serpent poised for battle on the forehead of Ra, on the pharaoh’s crown during the New Kingdom.

"...She was associated with the goddesses given the title "Eye of Ra". According to myth, Ra became angry because mankind was not following his laws and preserving Ma'at (justice or balance). He decided to punish mankind by sending an aspect of his daughter, the "Eye of Ra". He plucked Hathor from Ureas on his brow, and sent her to earth in the form of a lion. She became Sekhmet, the "Eye of Ra" and began her rampage..."

MelT

13. #33 Cannabliss88, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2012
    Can't wait for Passover when we give thanks for being freed from slavery in Egypt:hello:

Edit: Wikipedia is usually where I go when it comes to such matters. They have an article on practically everything including the 3rd eye:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_eye

14. I'll tell you how.
    Go on a spiritual journey. Trip some unmentionables, get in tune with things, read some books, lots of books. And meditate.

Also something along these lines helps as well: dee mmm tee

Acquire it, and prepare for your life to change.

15. Wrong!!!

So this guy convinced other major religions (as i'm sure this englishman was a jesus lover), Hindu, Buddhism, etc to add in the '3rd eye part'??? Plus animals in this world that we live in today have a real 3rd eye.

[​IMG]

Or did that dude go around painting dots on lizards?? haha

The Parietal "Eye"

You seriously need to get your shit straight, you are fighting against nature.....why??

16. #36 MelT, Feb 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2012
    Please read the thread linked to. There is no third eye in any eastern tradition. All forehead marks are either bindhu, puja, or caste marks. It was invented 100 years ago by someone who was a part of a known fraudulent society. He invented the idea that it has to be opened for a meditator to become enlightened.

But okay, let's give him the benefit of the doubt. He found something that Buddha, Jesus, Mohammed, all missed. Something that's never come up before in over 2, 500 years of spiritual practice. But if we say that he was right and that we have to accept his word we also have to accept the rest of what he and Theosophy said; that the third eye began as a real eye on the back of the head, then migrated to the top, then to the front of the forehead where it withered and died. No human is meant to be able to open it, it had gone long before modern man appeared. So, anyone trying to open it can not.

No human ancestor has ever been found with an eye-socket in the back of their skulls or on top of it.

If you believe that he discovered the third-eye then you also have to believe him when he claimed that he could travel backwards and forwards in time at will, shrink down to the size of an atom or virus, enter the minds of anyone he wanted in any era. He claimed to have been in the mind of Jesus....

I think this all speaks for itself. That it's a widespread idea now isn't surprising. Theosophy was the start of the 'western occult system' that we in the west tend to follow - which pretended that it was a part of an ancient eastern tradition of thought, but was in fact totally invented by Theosophy. It was the first popular 'woo-woo' material and sold very well. It influenced tens of people - and sadly too was one of the reasons for the Holocaust.

But it was all invented. The idea that we were once jelly-beings with four arms (another claim of Theosophy) was once acceptable as we didn't know any better, but nowadays there's not a lot we can say about it as an idea:)

That snakes have a light sensitive organ on the forehead doesn't equate to it being a third eye unfortunately.

MelT

17. This is a short excerpt from an article about Helena Blavatsky, who was the founder of Theosophy and inventor of many modern beliefs. This is how much what she said still rumbles on:

According to Blavatsky, as she had traveled the world in her younger days defending her virtue and delving for lost secret wisdom, she had visited Tibet, where because of her already superhumanly advanced state of spiritual evolution she had been able to locate the secret mountain headquarters of the Mahatmas, and had been shown and allowed to read The Book of Dzyan, which contained the entire history of the universe. It was fairly easy for scholars later to identify the huge number of actual sources that Blavatsky used, since she tended to use them verbatim instead of in disguised paraphrase. Much of Theosophy depends upon supposed principles of Tibetan religion, but in fact in her day almost nothing was known about any actual religious traditions of that isolated, insulated, forbidden region; her imagination supplied all the details.

After Blavatsky's death, Theosophy throve for a short while under the energetic leadership of Anne Besant. Indeed, it seems to me that Theosophy reached its peak of popularity, especially among British and American writers, artists and the arty set, around 1900 - 1910. Since then, its decline has been steady and relentless. Newer, more influential figures appeared, such as Rudolph Steiner and Alice A. Bailey, who created their own independent variations of the original, aided by their own personal Mahatmas. [Bailey borrowed Djwhal Khul, whom she very soon and very wisely renamed slightly.] L. Ron Hubbard's circa 1950 new religion of Scientology owes a tremendous debt to Theosophy, particularly in the way it mingles many completely unrelated pseudoscientific and science-fictional themes. Edgar Cayce and Manly P. Hall also did much to popularize what were basically Theosophical themes; when the so-called New Age religious movement began to emerge in the 1980s, most New Agers would have never heard of Helena Blavatsky, yet her influence is everywhere to be found within the seemingly random collage of unrelated and incoherent beliefs that characterize The New Age. California, in particular, had been a hotbed of Theosophy and variant offshoots from the beginning of the 20th Century. Blavatsky disciple Katherine Tingley established a huge “campus” devoted to Theosophical studies at Point Loma; by the 1930s, a wild offshoot, the so-called I AM Activity, was gaining an impressive numbers of followers, and even relatively recent 1930s immigrants to California such as George Adamski were feverishly creating their own variants.

MelT

18. i doubt you can, it probably what makes us die in the end, so distill water and grain alcohol to preserve precous...

19. #39 MelT, Feb 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2012
    Yup, and none of it relates to the third eye as described by theosophy except in those places where it's actually written by them. I've been a Tibetan Buddhist (the supposed source of it as an idea according to its inventor) for fifteen years, but have never seen or heard reference to it.

The sources they're quoting below are western and based on theosophy, not eastern traditions.

"...Among Christian mystics, the term is used in a broad sense to indicate a non-dualistic perspective. In New Age spirituality (i.e., Theosophy - Melt), the third eye may alternately symbolize a state of enlightenment or the evocation of mental images having deeply personal spiritual or psychological significance. The third eye is often associated with visions, clairvoyance (which includes the ability to observe chakras and auras),[1] precognition, and out-of-body experiences. People who have allegedly developed the capacity to utilize their third eyes are sometimes known as seers..."

In the eastern sections the terms used have no references chakras and gates of awareness. None are opened to reach realisation. Tilaka are caste marks, they're not an eye that has to be opened. Read here for a non-theosophist version of what a Tilaka really is. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilak_(Vaishnava)

And a Hindu site: http://www.sanskrit.org/www/Hindu Primer/religiousmarks.html

See at the very bottom where it says 'third eye' and how it's meant? Nothing at all like the Western Occult system.

MelT

20. I seriously don't know why anyone ever thought the third eye was anything more than a metaphor for the altered insight from psychedelic mind states.