Epsom Salts

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Spanishfly, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Nah dude. Just go buy some regular epsom salts, it's super cheap anyway.

2. Sounds more like Calcium deficiency to me. Magnesium shows more general yellowing than rust spots. Rust spots are usually calcium from my experience.

A picture would help if you have one.

If it's calcium, feeding with Magnesium will only make the problem worse. You would need some Ca supplement. Cal-Mag+ is a popular brand from Botanicare.

3. This may be a total noob question but wjy the galvanized bolt? Does some sort of mineral come off em?

4. thanks for yur fast answer(Lay Low), i will get right on it.

and as far as the galvanized bolts,nails, ect.... they have Mag in them, i read a post that u can add them to yur soil mix to solve the Mag issue

5. how do i get pictures from my cell phone to here

6. is there any other way to get these pellets to dissolve water so I may just mix my nutes with it and then pour it in

7. I would not use this as my means of delivering Mag into my soil. No idea how much is in them, or how much other stuff is in them. Just go to a garden store, or hydro store if you have them around you and use their Mag additives

8. Hi everyone

I am new, but I have been reading on this board a lot, and I just wanted to warn everyone before they destroy their plants... in case anyone doesn't realize:

Table Salt (including Himalaya Salt) = NaCl (sodium chloride)
    Epsom Salt = MgSO4

9. Thanks! Very helpful.

10. What is[SIZE=12.800000190734863px] epsom salts? is it salt you put in food?[/SIZE]

here you go.....http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=epsom+salts

12. it is magnesium sulfate, not table salt

13. They're is not any magnesium in galvanized bolts, nails, washers, nuts, etc. Galvanizing is the process of coating steel (iron & carbon) with zinc, protecting the steel from corrosion.
    While plants do need a small amount of zinc, the amount a single bolt would release after coming into contact with a liquid fertilizer solution (which is much more corrosive than salt water) would quickly cause a the coating to corrode & give your pants a zinc toxicity. This is probably why your plans are sick Chuy.
    Also, the results of many reactions involving zinc create toxins, some EXTREMELY poisonous. Heating galvanized for example produces a gas toxic enough that one full breath can be fatal to a healthy, adult male.
    All that to say, be VERY careful taking what you read in these forums as gospel, especially one post. They are great resources but remember that while since are written by expert growers, others are written by noobs who think they remember hearing something once, then proceed to state of as fact. Check the author, are you impressed with his gross journal? Is the info in one obscure thread or is it generally accepted. And finally, as nice as it is to have these forums at our fingertips- it's impossible to overstate the value of taking the time to actually crack open a book and study. Books are reviewed, their claims are tested & while not always perfect, someone decided the info inside was valuable enough to publish. As opposed to a seemingly endless stream of people's opinions, some fantastic, some ridiculous (seriously guys, birth control to feminize seeds WTF?!?!) And I'd assume that most of us consume our own product... So even the most experienced grower's advice should be checked cuz we're all prone to realizing how stupid our AMAZING idea actually was one the smoke clears.

- Fondly remember the day when that your want for the product was eclipsed by your love of the grow (DDK)

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Grasscity Forum mobile app