Epsom Salts

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Spanishfly, Jun 15, 2006.

1. ^What? Are you suggesting that THC is a hormone that is a mechanism for the development of female sex traits? Because it's not.

2. good post on Epson

3. Epsom Salt works great but so does Cal Mag.

4. thanks for the thread man great info, y havent u ever tried hydro??? just curious

5. make sure it is epsom salts for plants not drug tore epsom salts

6. I don't know what sort of stores you frequent, happyd; but here in the real world, Epsom Salts is Epsom Salts, no matter where you buy it; it's an identical product.

-mu

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. @Mu- to clarify, I think he's talking about the two different grades of Epsom Salts. One is for chemical processes and the other is for human consumption (although modern doctors will tell you not to take it). Sometimes the human Epsom Salts contain electrolytes that can kill your plants. :-( Sucks, but pretty rare. If you get something that is pure Epsom Salt, you're going to be good, regardless of grade.:hello:

8. @Mu - But that comment was still really funny and made me drop my cigarette. I tried to +rep you for it, but I've given out too much rep lately. :(

9. One question about the epsom salt deal. If my 2 week old plants showed signs of Mg def would it be wise to add just a pinch of epsom salt to 750ml of water in a spray bottle???

10. Magnesium Sulfate USP - Epsom Salt

11. DON'T SPRAY FEED EPSOM SALT...it will crystallize on the leaf. add it to the watering will work well, though.

12. well yeah thats what i meant lol. i didnt spray feed it. I just mixed a very minute amount in a spray bottle to measure the amount of water vs epsom salt ya know. but the leaves turned out green as ever. no more yellowing of the leaves. Also i bought myself that Foxfarm ocean forest potting soil and will be transplanting my girls into it.

13. Just wanna say THANK YOU for your briefing very helpful! Happy New Year!

14. Thank You, for the info "birth Control pill"! does aspirin work as well?

15. #55 Matt Gesus, Jan 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2011
    what about too muh epsom salt? i added too much to mine from reading the wrong information, and i watered my plant with a teaspoon to about a cup of water :/

how will this massive ammount of MgS4 affect my 4 week old plant?
    anything i can do about it? did it yesterday, so today i took out a lot of the soil and put fresh soil in ( 100% organic) and watered it since it was time for watering/hoping i could dilute it..

16. Probably burn the hell out of your roots and/or lock out other nutes. You should flush your soil.

17. Very good question..I have some at home, never even considered that..Anyone have any answers on The himalayan salt being used for MJ??

18. I have epsom bath salt, It contains Magnesium Sulfate(Epsom Salt), Fragrance, Color, Can I use it, even though it contains fragrance and color, or no? I wouldnt think so but hey I don't know lol???

19. i woudn't take the chance EveryNot, but this is only my 2nd grow

FFsoil - 2 gal pots
    Lights - T5 and led
    temp - high 82, low 66
    humidity - high 63, low 46
    water - RO
    nutes - general organics; grow, bloom, and bloom booster
    seeds - bag
    3rd week of flower

one of my plants(Oldgirl) is showing small rust spots on the upper leaves and lower leaves are slowly yellowing and falling off. this plant was reversed back to Veg and was re-potted with fresh soil at that time. its bin 12 weeks in that same soil, i added fresh soil on top last week and have some galvanized bolts mixed in the soil also. i mixed a heeping teaspoon of Epson salt(MgSO4 7H2O) in 2 gal of PHed water and watered all 3 plants last night. i had watered them 2 days before and the pots still had some water but i didn't want to wait one more day with the rust spots growing and multiplying.

well Oldgirl doesn't look any better this morning, the rust spots r bigger then yesterday. What now:confused: