What unsolved mystery / unexplained phenomenon captures your interest the most?

Discussion in 'General' started by jacktown, Jan 18, 2012.

1. I listened to a podcast a while ago about 'Numbers Stations' and it was really interesting stuff. You can read about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numbers_station .

Bascially 'Number Stations' are radio stations that are on 24/7 around the world that just read off "random" numbers, repeating them over and over. No one knows where many of they originate from or what the numbers mean; and some of them have been going for years and years. You can google around and hear audio clips that people have recorded of the Numbers Station being read. It actually reminds me of LOST season 1 when they heard the message and numbers on the hand radio. Anyway, a cool mystery I thought.

So, what strange things facinate you?

2. The unsolved mystery that boggles my mind on a daily basis just happens to be the "WHERE THE FUCK DID ALL MY WEED GO?!?!"

Skeptics will later claim that hard evidence leads them to believe that I, in fact, smoked all the weed.

3. Human origins.

Far more interesting that anything ever thought up.

4. The disappearance of Wiki pages.. God damn aliens.

5. Why did we stop building Pyramids?

6. OK, I'm lazy, here's some interesting videos on the subject.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pp6POvlER4]Stuff They Don't Want You To Know- Dyatlov Pass - YouTube[/ame]

This one is from Ancient Aliens, on the History channel.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5KmbuSrqEk]Dyatlov Pass incident - Most Bizarre Unsolved UFO Case - YouTube[/ame]

This one is a Deep Trance Meditation session describing the incident.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0NdbhEJHfo]Rev. Douglas James Cottrell PhD: The Dyatlov Pass incident - YouTube[/ame]

7. dimethyltryptamine and its purpose of being synthesized in our brains

8. We have zero proof that it is

9. DMT: The Spirit Molecule | Chapter Summaries

"One of the primary reasons I chose DMT is because it's found in the human body."

so you're saying that somebody who was funded, and received government approval to test an illegal substance on human subjects had a misconception about this?

10. Seems clear to me that we're going to need a sample of this 'DMT' to evaluate for ourselves. You know, for science! ;)

11. Did you see the postmortem images of the victims in the documentary above?
    I don't think that Thorium gas mantles would burn a pattern onto a man's chest the way it did. Also, sunburns from the snow? I've gotten sunburnt from snow reflection before, but only to exposed skin, like my face. These burns were all over their bodies. Were they hiking naked? Also, one victims tongue was MISSING. if you bite your tongue off there's still half of it left in your mouth. Go ahead and stick out your tongue as far as you can, just to see how much you'd accidentally bite off if you did that.

Anyway man, thanks for the post. It was an interesting read, but I'm not buying it.

12. Read the book again. Dr. Strassman is more than clear that his idea that DMT is synthesized in the pineal gland is nothing more than a theory, with no evidence. People conveniently miss this part constantly. When I'm at home, I'd be happy to provide a page number for you.

That DMT has been found in lung tissue, blood, and cerebral-spinal fluid does NOT mean it is synthesized in the brain. We have zero clue about where it comes from, or what it does.

I'm just trying to get people to stop attempting to pass this off as gospel, because it is just a theory.

13. Damn you guys and that dyatlov pass.

14. Yeah i did a long time ago when I first came across this. Wierd stuff. I listened to that link I posted above cause it was a long read (the author has a link where he reads it for you on the page - lol) but I have to say that nothing about that incident seems too 'out there' for me aftering hearing his explinations. Maybe that guy is just convincing for me or something. He explains the naked part and all that stuff. Who knows though!!

15. [​IMG]

If someone would get a good video that would be nice, but seriously WTF is that? :smoke:

16. Well, we're all entitled to believe what we will. I respect that you didn't just write the incident off without at least doing some research. However I encourage you to watch the 3 videos I posted about it, just to refresh your memory. I don't draw any conclusions, however I leave room open for the possibility of it being aliens, a yeti like creature, or some other supernatural phenomena.

Sorry man, this is one of my favorite unsolved mysteries. It straight up gives me chills when I imagine what may have happened to those poor people in the freezing cold and blackness of night.

17. Ancient civilization.

What did king Solomon or the Mayans know?

18. #20 Lambchop1, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2012
    [quote name='"Chronicus"']this one bugs the shit out of me
    Dyatlov Pass incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'll type a recap later if no one wants to read this article.[/quote]

Beat me to it! Freaky stuff. I think it was some kind of government cover up. There was radiation found on some of the bodies..