Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

"Dosing" weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by rivered, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Sup guys. I've smoked a few times since the early 2000s and then more or less on a regular basis around 2005-2006. Back then, I was initially not familiar with the quality spectrum of weed so I assumed the stuff I usually got was just decent. It was never nasty looking brown schwag, but was regs or mids at the most. I wasn't a heavy user - I'd smoke probably a bowl at most every day or two at a time. I never really built a huge tolerance and I was able to get buzzed pretty well for the most part.

I had a somewhat bad experience during the last few times I smoked. I remember smoking a HUGE bowl all in one hit. About 40 minutes into it, my heart started to beat rapidly and was VERY noticeable to me, making it very hard to enjoy the high for the most part. In retrospect, I've learned the whole fast heartbeat thing is a common but harmless side effect (my heart was pounding but I never felt any other heart-attack related symptoms) and looking back it was most likely due to smoking WAY too much at once. However, it marred my perception of weed as a harmless, anxious-less high and made me fear toking up again because I was afraid I would run into the same experience. I smoked the same shit maybe once or twice again (had delusions of laced weed back then, lol) but smoked a little less and was fine. Soon afterwards, I lost my weed connection (lol).

After 6 years, I have access to weed again. This time it is good shit. Actual dank weed, quality which I've never smoked before (bubba kush, to be exact). Since I have basically no tolerance at all and dank weed is of course usually pretty potent (i.e. 1-2 hitter quitters), I'm probably not going to need a lot at first. However, I'm afraid of smoking too much at first. I never really measured bowls before (I'd just pack my bong to the fullest lol) and I'm not sure how much I should start out with. What do you guys recommend as a first "dose" (i.e. weight)?

2. take it hit by hit and go from there. Just start off slow and ride out the high. I find dank to be a much more enjoyable high then mids.

3. I recommend taking a hit, waiting 10 minutes, and taking another. It'll work:smoke: I always dream of those first highs with the gravity bong though.. I suggest try that :bongin:

4. If you smoke to much you'll overdose its a proven fact yo

5. What are you smoking out of? My brother is the same way, he gets an uncomfortable racy heart feeling when he smokes too much, so we make sure to dose him carefully. We smoke out of a 18" roor straight tube, and the bud is the best in the world homegrown, and how we dose him is we milk the bong up about 2 inches - yes 2 inches out of 18 - and he is usually set after that.

TL;DR: If you smoke high quality weed out of a bong, make sure to do it in VERY small increments.

6. Just take a hit or two and sit it down and groove.

7. haha.

8. Yeah, I usually smoke out of a bong. I never measured how much a true bowl or "hit" really was - I would just pack as much as I could into my bong's bowl (and it was pretty big) - so I never knew how much or little I was really taking in. I'd just light up and go by how thick the smoke was, lol.

This time around, I'll definitely start with small pieces first and go from there.

9. Here is a tip: Get a simple glass spoon pipe, and when you smoke it, only bring the smoke into your mouth. And then when your mouth is full of smoke, take a deep breath and bring it into your lungs. That will be a smaller dose (mouthfulls) and it will be more comfortable than taking a hit straight to the lungs.

10. Good advice, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

11. You can overdose on anything... However you would die of smoke inhalation before you OD

12. False. It's impossible to overdose on marijuana.....<-- that's a proven fact

13. [quote name='"Nlovnam"']

False. It's impossible to overdose on marijuana.....<-- that's a proven fact[/QUOTE]

Sorry sarcasm just doesn't work on the internet hahaa I know you cant od

14. Oh Haha

15. Inhaled THC has been shown in rats to have an LD50 of 42mg/kg. So for a 80kg person, doing 3-4g of honey oil on a skillet might be a fatal overdose. While I admit it would probably be impossible to do 4g of concentrate without passing out or falling asleep, the point remains.

16. [quote name='"abk1016"']

Inhaled THC has been shown in rats to have an LD50 of 42mg/kg. So for a 80kg person, doing 3-4g of honey oil on a skillet might be fatal. While I admit it would probably be impossible to do 4g of concentrate without passing out or falling asleep, the point remains.[/QUOTE]

I found my quest! Now to find 4 grams of concentrate... I WILL be the first!

17. I become paralyzed after 4 or 5 dabs (0.2g total, if that) so good luck :D

18. Dude watchout if you dont have a tolerance one hit could give you a ride for a couple hours. kush can be very potent medicine, ive had white bubba that had people legit stoned in one hit. I usually only take one hit in my pipe and I feel high and content