Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Blowing over your legal limit?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by smokinthaherb, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Blowing over your legal limit?

If you get SMASHED one day and sleep 6-8 hours and then get up the next day and drive to work and get pulled over will you go over the limit? Im talking about alcohol if anyone doesnt know lol.

2. No you won't.

3. Why???

4. You talking like 15 shots no puke? Yeah you will.

5. It IS possible.

6. one of my buddys had a blow n go b/c of drinking in driving... Anyways, he came here to party slept then woke up early but couldn't start his car b/c alcohol was in his system and had to eat then chill for couple hours.... Not sure the % he blew but im sure it's possible to get a dui like that

7. you might blow >.001 but you probably won't blow over the legal limit.

The normal body will metabolize between .015 percent and .020 percent BAC per hour.
    so you do the math

8. #8 PanterAtool, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012
    No because breathalyzers only detect it when it's flowing through your blood...after about 4-5 hours alcohol isn't flowing in your blood anymore...so alcohol will still be in your system but not flowing through your blood.

I'm pretty sure, maybe I'm wrong but I don't think that it'll be detectable through breathalyzer.

Also if you wake up drunk then yes you will fail...if you wake up sober, no you won't.

9. It could happen...my brother was drunk driving a boat (stupid, I know, but very common in boating culture) he was HAMMERED. He hit another boat on the lake that had no lights on it (supposedly the people on the other boat had had a party earlier). Anyways, he killed people, and the next morning blew a 0.08 (legally drunk). My brother is one of the nicest, most educated people ever. If you met him, you would like him... guarenteed. He made a mistake, and is still in jail for it, so please don't say shit about him, I'm just trying to help the OP. WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES... so if your gonna be a dick...GTFO.

10. [quote name='"PanterAtool"']No because breathalyzers only detect it when it's flowing through your blood...after about 4-5 hours alcohol isn't flowing in your blood anymore...so alcohol will still be in your system but not flowing through your blood.

I'm pretty sure, maybe I'm wrong but I don't think that it'll be detectable through breathalyzer.

Also if you wake up drunk then yes you will fail...if you wake up sober, no you won't.[/quote]

False, have you ever woke up drunk...I have...its very common

11. True. I have woke up drunk many times lol.

12. How long is your brothers sentence if you dont mind me asking? I feel bad that you lost your brother :(

13. [quote name='"kd0G420"']

False, have you ever woke up drunk...I have...its very common[/quote]

I never said you can't wake up drunk....?

14. YES it is possible! My sister actually got a dui from this. It can happen, but only if you drink enough for it to happen. Remember, it takes one hour for a single drink to get out of your system. So, say you drink 13 drinks worth of alcohol (can vary depending on how potent it drink is) and you get up and drive after crashing for 6 hours at your buddies house then it is very probable to be over the legal limit.

15. [quote name='"highflyer"']YES it is possible! My sister actually got a dui from this. It can happen, but only if you drink enough for it to happen. Remember, it takes one hour for a single drink to get out of your system. So, say you drink 13 drinks worth of alcohol (can vary depending on how potent it drink is) and you get up and drive after crashing for 6 hours at your buddies house then it is very probable to be over the legal limit.[/quote]

Then youd probably still feel at least a little buzzed and shouldn't be driving in the first place.

16. [quote name='"smokinthaherb"']

How long is your brothers sentence if you dont mind me asking? I feel bad that you lost your brother :([/quote]

3 and a third to 10...the judge wanted to make an example. Plus he "left the scene". They were on a lake with no phones at 3 in the fucking morning...so they drove back to the family camp, and called the cops. My brother who was driving left to go tp his home on the lake and wait for the cops. My other bro said he was driving to avoid a manhunt at that hour, cause he didn't knowh what the driver did or where he went. Plus the driver was in law school. So my other bro tried to take the fall but my bro turned himself in in the morning which is when he blew a 0.08. And he just went up for parole and is now doind 5 and a third, but we are in an appeal process. Fuck that judge, when this is over I would not hesitate to kick his old ass. My brother has done so much. He backpacked across Europe, wrote for several newspapers, and decided to go to law school. He scored record high on some pre entrance exam, and was almost done, and this happened...he was bought to be rich as fuck, and now this.

17. [quote name='"PanterAtool"']

I never said you can't wake up drunk....?[/quote]

But that means the alcohol is still flowing through your blood.

18. [quote name='"kd0G420"']

But that means the alcohol is still flowing through your blood.[/quote]

Yeah...re read my post..I said if you wake up drunk you will fail, if you wake up sober you won't.

19. [quote name='"kd0G420"']

3 and a third to 10...the judge wanted to make an example. Plus he "left the scene". They were on a lake with no phones at 3 in the fucking morning...so they drove back to the family camp, and called the cops. My brother who was driving left to go tp his home on the lake and wait for the cops. My other bro said he was driving to avoid a manhunt at that hour, cause he didn't knowh what the driver did or where he went. Plus the driver was in law school. So my other bro tried to take the fall but my bro turned himself in in the morning which is when he blew a 0.08. And he just went up for parole and is now doind 5 and a third, but we are in an appeal process. Fuck that judge, when this is over I would not hesitate to kick his old ass. My brother has done so much. He backpacked across Europe, wrote for several newspapers, and decided to go to law school. He scored record high on some pre entrance exam, and was almost done, and this happened...he was bought to be rich as fuck, and now this.[/quote]

Btw please don't think I'm insensitive to the victims. They suffered and are suffering way way more than my family. I lost a brother for a few years. They lost a son and a daughter forever. Its just the media portrayal of my brother made him look like a monster, and that pissed me off.