Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First time Glycerin Tincture help!

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Deleted member 452289, Jan 8, 2012.

1. :wave: Hello everyone, recently, I've discovered that smoking is taking its toll on my lungs, after a sinus infection, strep throat, AND a respiratory infection this past year, i decided that i was no longer going to smoke to get my thc. I recently ordered an MFLB and am waiting for it to come before I even think about ingesting marijuana again.
    I know I'm going to eventually get bored with vaping and will want to try something new, so i decided I'd make a glycerin tincture since me and alcohol do not mix well.
    I'm going to be using about a half ounce of bud. I have a few questions I'd like to ask you guys.
    There's a heat method, and a leave out method and I'm torn between the two.
    So i decided I would try setting the mason jar with the bud and glycerin on a coffee or candle warmer and shaking it every 15 or 20 minutes for a couple of days.
    Before I do this I wanted to make sure with you pros of edibles if this method would make a tincture equally efficient to the leave out or heat method?
    Is this enough bud to make a significant amount of the tincture?
    And how much glycerin would be best with which method?
    Any input would greatly be appreciated guys!! :):smoke: thanks!:hello:

2. I'd also appreciate it if we kept the guessing to a minimum, as I am low on funds and can NOT afford to waste a half ounce of precious bud! LOL thanks guys so much!:D

3. I'm just gonna go ahead and bump this before I hit the sack :p

4. Just gonna keep bumping until I get some help :p

5. I look pathetic bumping my own thread for so long. But I really could use the help you guys...

6. There is a really good recipe on here by one of the guys on here. I forget who it is though. I am also trying tincture for the first time tomorrow.mi bought a 12 oz bottle of glycerin. I am putting weed and glycerin in crockpot on low for a long time . About 8 hrs.

7. It's wil wills recipe. There is a topic on this same page.

8. Haha thanks guys I got it figured out. BKS recipe is what I decided on:)

9. Lol so this is really an old post, but i'm kind of trying to do the same sort of thing. I wanna make a glycerin tinctyre by putting some bud/abv in a coffee mug and sitting it on a candle warmer for a few hours. When you tried this was it effective? If so, how long did you leave the mixture on the candle warmer for?

10. I don't even remember man I'm sorry, all I know is that mine wasn't as potent as it should've been. Of you're gonna go that route I'd say leave it on the candle warmer and shake the jar viguriously every so often and do that for at least a week.

11. I never heard of a tincture are you supposed to drink it ?
    Somebody pls enlighten me