How to smoke out of a hookah?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Internetz, Jan 3, 2012.

1. I know how to use one with shisha, but how do you smoke grass out of it?

My friend (who's more experienced than me) said to mix it with the shisha, or to just put in the bowl and smoke like a bong. I find that it's very wasteful and doesn't generate much (if any) smoke.
    Should I replace the hookah bowl with a bong's?

Tips for a hookah n00b?

2. 60/40 mixes with shisha tend to work out well with me

3. I usually will just break up a nug in the bowl and sprinkle some ground bud on top of the shish.

4. need alot of weed

5. Me and my friend tried to smoke out of a hookah the other day. You do need a LOT of weed. We had 2Gs and put it in all at once thinking it was enough and it wasn't. I tried taking the biggest hits I could that my lungs would take and when exhaling, little smoke came out. it, to me, was a complete waste of 2 grams of weed which could have been used to roll a few joints.

I would say 5 grams of weed is maybe enough.

6. mix it with shisha...

otherwise you need a big ass screen and a regular lighter (as opposed to coal)

...it's somewhat wasteful either way though.

7. Hookah + Weed usually gets me really baked

8. 60 weed or 60 shisha?

If I put the piece from a bong in there, wouldn't that work just like a fancy bong?

9. Don't.

Weed doesn't smolder right under the coal, and tobacco is just nasty, imo.

If you do, go with a mix.

10. Me and a buddy always mix up a nice bowl when we wind down at the tail end of a trip.

Need a good amount of pot and a 60/40 or 50/50 mix (weed:shisha). Tends to burn for an hour or 2. Smoke it like you normally would, with the coal.

I cant imagine straight weed would work.