Smoking a male plant???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Toke"N"Chill, Jun 6, 2006.

1. I found the quote below from the 420 site. Has anyone tried smoking anything on a male plant before? If so, what and how? I assume you would dry it out and crunch up the leaves and smoke away. Headache or buzz?? I know the male produces THC, but not as much as the female so it makes sense that you could get a buzz off the male plants leaves, but just not as potent. I have a male from my first grow that I cut down about a week or so into the flowering cycle when I determined for sure it was a male. It has been hanging in my basement since and I thought I might try it out. It was a crazy bushy plant.... Anyway, I look forward to hearing from anyone who has tried to get a buzz off a male by smoking it. :smoking:

"Both the male and he female plant produce THC resin, although the male is not as strong as the female. In a good crop, the male will still be plenty smokable and should not be thrown away under any circumstances. Marijuana can reach a hight of twenty feet (or would you rather wish on a star) and obtain a diameter of 4 1/2 inches. If normal, it has a sex ratio of about 1:1, but this can be altered in several ways. The male plant dies in the 12th week of growing, the female will live another 3 - 5 weeks to produce her younguns. Females can weigh twice as much as males when they are mature."

2. You can try it, but they taste nasty and you'll have to smoke like crazy to get any effect.

Remember that (assuming you pulled the male in time) it's pretty immature and so not very rich in THC (even smoking a female that immature would be nasty). The best thing you can do with that male is make some butter and get two or 3 really good nights out of it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Its funny how they do not mention that your males may polinate your females.
    This in turn will reduce the potency of the females.

4. you could always just save yourself the headache and make some hash or something!?

• Like Like x 1
  5. casn u make oil out of male plant trimmings still in vegetation?

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'm never done it, but I've heard of plenty of people using male trim to make butter and/or hash. This would obviously mean that you can while a plant is in veg, because if you leave all of your males with your females all the way through flowering and your
    male(s) would bust nuts all up in your females. And, just like in real life, unless you want seeds, you don't want that to happen!

And just so you know, a male plant doesn't have to be introduced to the 12/12 light cycle in order for it's pollen sacs to burts. So don't leave your males in longer than when you first identify them. My first grow I didn't pull 2 males at first just because I didn't want to kill the beauty, but then I came home from work and 2 pollen sacs had bursted. Luckily, no seeds come harvest time.

7. the way i know it, hash made from a male plant is called pollen where im from, its made in exactly the same way as you would make it with a female. and it crumbles so easily into dust. some can be quite potent and almost all pollen smokes well. its common for people to just kill their males becuse its such a low yeild from 1 plant and time consuming (or they dont know the male is smokable) when you can just grow a female crop and get high yeilding bud. the male plant has to be grown to maturity to make good pollen

8. i just made oil from female plant trimmings still in veg. i can get baked without a cost now cos the leaves just grow back in 3 days, first batch made 2 grams with 500ml isopropyl 99%.

9. my first grow ever was with 2 white widows, 1 female 1 male. I grew the plants for a good 5-6 months, they reached about 7 feet tall! Anyways I saved my male sacks and dried them out for 2 months, it wasn't anyworse then ses. I don't know how many people know what ses is but its garbage and was actually very similar in taste, very green and subtle, not harsh at all. The high was small and could just as well be mistaken for a headrush.

10. If you chop it with tobacco its better. less shit taste and extra spin on your high. only do this is you have no other weed at all though because obviously not the best right

11. Damn..... 10-year-old thread :confused:

12. 10 years old this thread, haha