Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will weed become legal in Canada before it is in America?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by smokinthaherb, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Get a choice of a hole bunch of different strains. I cant normally get sativa and would like some :)

2. Looks like I'm movin' to Canada.. :smoke:

3. I think its pretty hard for people to move to Canada. Im pretty sure you need a clean criminal record. Not too sure on that though :confused:

4. hahaha well that's good news ;) Havent had a run in with the law yet! Not even a speeding ticket. :D

5. Actually having Marijuana illegial is worse than having it legal as far as affecting people and communities as a whole.

6. It's the same bill that Harper tried to push through parliament last year.

Bill S-10
    Legislative Summary of Bill S-10: An Act to amend the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act and to make related and consequential amendments to other Acts

Basically, Harper wants to introduce more harsh minimum sentences, including 1 year per plant if you grown more than 5. Pretty ridiculous.

The Conservatives have a majority, so they could conceivably push it through. The NDP have shown a strong opposition to the Bill, and the UN is also considering the benefits of ending the "war on drugs".

Even if that bill is passed though, the ruling by Taliano would still override it. Preventing access to medicine is unconstitutional, and if the only way to guarantee access is to legalize it, the courts have the power to do so. If the government can convince the appeal judge that their reformed medical system improves access though, the original ruling may fall.

7. [quote name='"smokinthaherb"']

I think its pretty hard for people to move to Canada. Im pretty sure you need a clean criminal record. Not too sure on that though :confused:[/quote]

Thank god I was born in Canada before moving to the States, eh?

8. #28 Keifer Suthrlnd, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2012
    i think it will become legal in the us first. with the economy down the shitter, we're going to see the public come together and gather signatures vote on whether to legalize and tax weed on ballots. once it gets voted in general elections the laws will have to change.

Research ballot initiatives:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Initiative

Marijuana 2012

Its basically the only chance we have at democracy and the reason why people should vote and support movements

9. I think the states will have it legal first. Harper basically said if he's PM, there's no chance in hell weed will be legal.

Ron Paul is the way.

10. I have similar thoughts. Say magically it becomes legal.. what are all these dealers and growers going to do? Are they going to become legal or continue 'dealing' on their own to avoid taxes?

11. Massachusetts is having it on the ballot in November, I believe. And in a recent poll, 58% supported legalization. Using this trend, we may have legalization within a year or two.