GO Box (General Organics)

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by M3DICIN3MAN420, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Picked up a GO box today, wondering if anyone has ever used one? Any tips? This is my first grow. Sorry if there is already a thread on this, link and I'll follow.

2. #2 Chief Tokem, Dec 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2011

Put very nicely by DownGirl in this thread....

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/934651-general-organics-info-needed.html

You can read more if you dare! :eek:

3. Oh gawd, that thread.

While this forum is about Organics, General Organics is not. Many of us here don't like those products and generally consider them a hydroponics product.

You'll most likely get better advice in the hydro forum here.

4. Before it was banned in Oregon, the local grow store gave me the entire set. GO was really trying to promote it.

I opened one bottle, verified what I thought was probably going on and dropped it off at a clinic that helps poor MMJ patients with soil and stuff.

My only comment would be this: "Could someone, anyone, please explain to these companies that aqueous suspension does not mean liquified?"

IOW, sticking black sand in water with a suspension agent does not qualify as 'liquid humic acid'

Other than that it looks like an interesting product line. It should find a nice home at grow stores across the land.

LD

5. Read some of it Chief, saw people bitchin so I gave up. Like that thread though I'm not concerned with it being "organic" or not. Now I'm not bashing organic growing or anything I'm sure it works great. Anyway, bought the set for $30 and it's just 1 plant so I'm probably going to stick with what I got. I guess I'll see how she does. Any simple advice???

And I now know this thread is in the wrong section, anyway I can move?

6. Don't feel bad, you got, I say use it. As you read and learn more, you will probably gravitate toward other things but you should be able to get a good crop out of it, for sure.

You did not mention your soil mix, and as your probably noticing that's we're adding our nutrients mostly. And where most of our work and effort happens. And we are anal about our compost here, get the best ewc/compost you can get. That's the single best thing you can do...best of luck.....MIW

7. IF you are sure that organic growing works great, assuming you know what organic means, then why the hell are you forking out 30 dollars for chemicals? Organics is not only better for the ecosystem, plant, and you personally its also a lot cheaper once you learn what your doing.

8. The guy at the shop was a Dbag and no real help. I'm not trying to go organic, I would really only like to use one or 2 bottled things to help it along. Guess I would like to keep it a little more natural then loading it down with the 8 bottles in the set. Anyone suggest certain things from the GO box to help my plant? Thanks for the responses so far

9. #9 Chief Tokem, Dec 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2011
    [quote name='"M3DICIN3MAN420"']The guy at the shop was a Dbag and no real help. I'm not trying to go organic, I would really only like to use one or 2 bottled things to help it along. Guess I would like to keep it a little more natural then loading it down with the 8 bottles in the set. Anyone suggest certain things from the GO box to help my plant? Thanks for the responses so far[/quote]

I've realized a lot of the guys at hydro stores will just try to sell you shit. It's basically their job to convince you that you need something or other to make your buds bigger or to max out your growth. It's all bullshit. It's kind of taking advantage of us and it's not really fair haha. I've found better luck sticking to finding advice online. Although You still shouldn't believe everything you read. There are just a lot of different growing methods so you should really check them all out (researching the online) and decide which sounds the best to you. Gardening is a lot more fun when you don't have a bunch of hydro store employees shoving products down your throat.

That being said, my first few grows weren't organic. Gardening will definitely be a learning experience for you like it has been for all of us. You just have to make sure to take a lesson out of every experience, or mistake that you make.

I really don't know much about the 8 bottle set from GO. Nothing at all to be specific so I can't really tell you much about how to use it. But if you payed for it, you might as well put it to use (or re-sell it on craigslist :smoke: ) And if you are interested in organic gardening then maybe do some research about it, before your next trip to they hydro store!

10. Alright thanks. I have a "wave" in all the center leaves so far but they don't look major (were there before nutes). I'll post some pics in Absolute Beginners of it, after I find the charger for the camera haha. Might just have to use the cell though. And I think I'm just going to use the root nutrition and calcium+magnesium for now at least.

11. Do the bottles have directions?

When all else fails...read the directions. :)

You might want to start out with using half of the directed amounts, though, and see how your plants like it. I bet you do fine using them since you already have them, and in the meantime while you are growing this batch you can keep reading and prepare for your next batch.

Best of luck!

Jerry.