Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Canna Oil + DMSO

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by KinkySwitch, Dec 27, 2011.

1. DMSO is a natural material that you can find at a super suppliments or health food store, you can get it in a jar of 99% DMSO in a cream or gel base, and it's sold as a 'solvent'
    I use it on my wrists and shoulders as a topical pain reliever, it helps with joint pain and swelling, but it carries anything with it to your blood stream.

I was curious if Canna Oil, the same stuff I have seen tutorials on how to put into pills to make strong medicine, can be added to something like this, and used topically? would the DMSO carry it with it, like it would another topical agent - Arnica? Arnica is a pain relieving cream that people will put on their skin first, and then rub DMSO cream into it, this has the Arnica go into the inflamed joints or sore muscles better.

Thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Just going to repeat what Rick Simpson has said. If you are trying to fight an external illness or skin cancer than you can use the cannabis oil topically as it is. If it is internal then ingesting the oil is the best way. I know a couple people are adding things like lecithn an coconut oil to aid increase the bioavailabilty of the cannabis oil. Maybe the combination of this stuff you mention will produce similar effecta for external illness or skin cancers. Keep in mind "we are the pioneers" as Drhell2pay tells me a lot. Some questions you have regarding would this would with cannabis oil are only going to be answered with application.

3. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2M_fQnVqew]Dead Kennedys - D.M.S.O. - YouTube[/ame]

4. I was thinking more to quickly penitrate down into painful muscles and joints, which DMSO can do rapidly. I was hoping that somehow the oil being carried with the DMSO would be a faster means of getting it to say, a 'tennis elbow' or an injured cuff in comparison to ingestion.

5. Whats up fellow Washtonian?I have often wondered the same thing. I use DMSO but never tried with oil. I would assume you would want the oil on your skin first, then DMSO. Should only need a fraction of oil compared to usual dose.

6. Thats what I was thinking. Do you live in the greater Seattle area? It would be interesting to actually experiment with this

7. Last week I pulled some oils out of bud sample with EtOH, removed plant matter, waxes, washed it, etc. A friend asked me (chemist extra-ordinaire) what I would suggest for joint sores. I prepared 1/2 g oil and 1/2 g dmso and I applied a dab onto my wrist... 10 minutes ago. I am fading into oblivion right now. Anyways the idea was to run a bad ass CBD garden and seperate that (probably using wet cannatonic and acid/base/diatamaceous earth extraction etc)... and use it with the DMSO. Point being cannabis oil is highly soluble in DMSO and it's very very active. I'm totally farked. I need to cap all my goddamn chemicals before I fade.. Anyways I'm couch locked and it feels better than weed food so far. I'm a little panicked because I don't know how deep down the rabbit hole I'm going. Seacrest out!

• Like Like x 1
  8. I want to tell everyone that dmso used as a delivery agent for topical application of cannabis oil works extremely well. I've been battling basel cell carcinoma for over a decade. Lesions popping up on my neck, back, legs etc.The dermatologist froze them or cut them out. The lesions that were frozen almost always came back. Having stitches taken out of your back is a pain in the butt as you can't do it yourself. She wanted to start using a "chemo cream" and the word chemo scared me right off. In 2014 I had a particularly nasty lesion on my leg that was getting painful and I was about to schedule removal when a girl I was dating suggested cannabis oil. I was skeptical but decided to give it a try after a bunch of research. When she popped by with the oil she also had dmso. She explained what it was and how she thought it would help my body absorb the oil more effectively. Again, skeptical, and after some research into dmso I figured why not give it a try. She thought that mixing a little oil in with the dmso would help it stick better because in pure form it just rolled off the lesion. So the application was dmso(mixed with oil) followed by a healthy dollop of oil, covered with a cotton pad and taped over. The first pic shows day 1. The second pic shows day 3. After 2 weeks of applications I didn't really notice any additional change and lost interest in the experiment. Over the following week(once exposed to air) the lesion dried up, scabbed, then fell off. Two years later there isn't even a scar. I stopped going to my dermatologist. When I went to a naturopath to apply for a prescription/license I told her that the oil got rid of a major lesion in 3 weeks, she looked skeptically at me and said that normally it should take a month or two. Then I remembered the dmso and told her about it. Her reply was, "very interesting, the dmso is the delivery agent ."

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. I want to add to elated's post. I went to the doctor with a growth on my nose. He took a shave biopsy and the pathology report came back as "probably" SCC. I say "probably" because the pathologist stated that it looked to be a variant and that was, essentially, her best guess. So after reading elated's post I started applying Honey Oil (Indica-65% THC) mixed with a drop of DMSO. I would place it under a bandaid after showering at night. It is now 11 days after starting this treatment and I must say I am impressed. If you view the attached photos they show a rough view of what's happened. Photo #1 is the Derm's original photo of the growth. Photo #2 is after the shave biopsy. The dark area is the scab that formed after the procedure. Photo #3 is today. All photos are untouched and have only been cropped in Photoshop. This growth has been diminishing in size very quickly. I feel the rapid response is due, as elated posted, to the penetrating power of the DMSO carrying the Honey Oil quickly down into the tissue. Although photo #3 seems to show nothing on the nose there is still a small raised portion that you can feel if you run a fingertip across the surface. I met today with the surgeon they had lined up for removal of this. He had a copy of the original Derm's photo in front of him. He asked if he could look that the growth. When I removed the bandaid I noticed his eyes widen momentarily while he stated "it has gone down". I took this to be confirmation that something is happening and not just my interpretation of it. I am scheduled for surgery itself on 12-19 but I will continue the treatment and see where I am at by that time. Sorry for the long post but I wanted to share this as a testimony that DMSO and Cannabis do work together and apparently the benefits are accelerated. Hope everyone has a great turkey day ahead.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Hello my mother ask me too make her some canna oil and that she doesn't trust anybody if I go out and buy her some can someone please recommend me to a video or easy step to step process of home making my own thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hi Whitron,
    I have used the Magical Butter Machine to make oil. I recommend this device but it is pricey. There are a number of videos on YouTube showing how to make the oil using the most basic of tools. You should find what you seek there. Hope this helps.

12. Will the butter method help with her medical issues such as diabetes, cancer, anxiety, pain. I need that method what not.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. Hi Whitron,
    I'm not sure if I understood your last question.

14. Hey Best, so just curious how your self-treatment is progressin? Also, when you apply the oil/DSMO combination, do you experience a similar high that the previous poster, Drewbot, referred to?

He never posted back about his xp, nor the actual quantity used, but from his post it sounds like the effect could be overwhelming if the dosage is too strong. That's what's been keeping me from experimenting with this on my arthritis pain as I have had a few bad reactions due to accidental overdosing on edibles (the worst of which was very unpleasant, with vicious spins, paranoia, nausea and panic attacks, not fun at all, lol).

A few tips I would make are as follows: 1) when using DMSO, always wash your hands as well as the area you'll be applying it to (because DMSO will take anything along with it into your system including any contaminants); 2) use gloves if you are applying this to anywhere other than your hands which will help control the amount of THC entering your system (if you're like me and are concerned about dosing amounts), 3) if you are applying it to your hands, you may want to wear gloves until the medication has finished absorbing into your system - this is just a precaution in case you have a spouse, kids, grandkids, pets, etc that you might end up interacting with (and if none of the above applies, you still might want to be careful incase you touch yourself say in the eyes, lol).

If anyone else has experience with this, they're input would be greatly appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hi Fear,
    The SCC on my nose is gone as far as I can see. I am still applying the Honey Oil as I described above but the surgery that I was scheduled for on the 19th will now be postponed and rescheduled for another month out in time. If in that amount of time it remains healed I will decline the procedure. As to your question on feeling the effects of the Honey Oil that was an initial concern of mine as well. I too experience unpleasant effects such as rapid heartbeat, paranoia, etc. if I ingest a product containing a significant amount of THC. The Honey Oil I use is rated at 65% THC but it is an oil made from Indica strains. So far I place a small amount of the mixture (Honey Oil and DMSO) on the tip of my finger and simply apply without massaging the mix into the skin. I then place a spot bandaid over it simply to protect my pillowcase and sheets from picking up the stain from the oil. I will change it out 24 hours later. I do experience a slight itching/irritation at the spot of application which can be a reaction to the DMSO from what I have read but it is slight and does not bother me. So to finally answer your question, no I do not experience any kind of what I would call a "high" from this treatment. I have a vape pen that use right before bed which has cartridge with only Indica strain oil in it. Toking on that does get me high in a way that makes me relaxed and sleepy with none of the unpleasant effects mentioned above. The topical application of the oil produces none of that. As with all things your mileage may vary but I hope this helps.
    Best
    PS: BTW if you are after using a THC product medicinally (or otherwise) for pain control I would suggest utilizing a CBD product first prior to a THC product. CBD competes with THC for some of the receptors in the Endocannibinol System of the body and helps to curtail the manic effects produced by the Sativa strains. I have found vaping a CBD cartridge really kills off anxiety quite efficiently for me as well as simply eliminating (temporarily) quite a few aches and pains. Again your experience will most likely vary from mine but I thought I would mention it. B.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I read that when using DMSO you should not use gloves because the synthetic glove material can actually get pulled out and get into the skin. That's how powerful DMSO is.

18. Please I really wouldn't, the toxicity of DMSO still isn't completely clear, but its certain that at a certain dose it can be toxic. Due to the fact it's so easily absorbed in the skin, we had to wear nitrile gloves when handling it in the chemistry lab. If it can easily be absorbed in skin, it can be absorbed within cells, and potentially alter gene expression, which has been shown at higher doses. These are how very non-polar chemicals are like such as Steroids/Synthetic Cortisol substances.

19. Here's a study citing such an example: Dimethyl Sulfoxide (DMSO) Produces Widespread Apoptosis in the Developing Central Nervous System