Advice on my FIMO Pipe

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by BrownBeast, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Hello to all :) Merry Christmas :) I've just made a pipe out of FIMO... no metal pipes in the inside... I tested it out with tobacco.. and it smoked fine.. I done this twice.. I've been searching the internet and I looked at the instructions of the FIMO clay to see if it is safe to use.. And I think that it is safe to smoke out of? (Correct me if I'm wrong) My pipe is hardened... for toxic fumes to be released... The temperature of the pipe must exceed that off which weed/tobacco burns.. and when I smoked all I could taste was the tobacco... So no fumes were released? Thanks for your time :D And once again... Merry Christmas x

2. I've always been confused by the title "FIMO Pipe" as FIMO itself is, in actuality, a plastic. In that case, the answer would be NO, due to the fact that smoking out of plastic is quite bad for you and your organs.

However, many pipes are COATED in FIMO, even GC sells them and they are very popular in some parts (XL fimo pipe - Grasscity.com).

But yeah, if you want a more in-depth answer, check out this Yahoo Answer, man knows his shit:

Is it safe to make a pipe out of fimo clay? - Yahoo! Answers

3. [​IMG]

It looks shitty.. but I like it.. and it works :)

4. I get that it's a plastic.. but if I don't heat it to a temperature where toxins are released.. how will it harm me? And people smoke out of acrylic bongs?

5. If you smoke out of it, you're going to heat it to a temperature where toxins will be released...

6. If I'm burning the substance inside... there is no way the pipe will exceed 100 and something degrees (releasing toxins) or I'd burn my hand :p Either way.. I won't use it to be safe.. thanks guys :)

7. And no.

8. Dried plant matter burns at around 400-600 *F. Considering that FEMO clay is baked at the oven at 450*F, smoking out of it will easily release toxins from the plastic. In short, DO NOT SMOKE OUT OF FEMO! It is very bad for you!

9. there isnt a single safe thing about this pipe. it looks like play-doh.