Organic Cloning

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by jerry111165, Dec 23, 2011.

1. WeeDroid

Let's agree that one person's perception of social and political milestones are probably different from another person's.

Having an editor of High Times Magazine heading up the faculty pretty much puts their academic goals below a barber college. :eek:

YMMV

LD

2. Oh it's no academic milestone by any measure at all.

Having a public school that teaches how to grow cannabis, albeit poorly, is a social milestone for the US. That is what I celebrate. :)

3. im gonna do just that. i have to get things done tonight, its late on the east, and i unfortunatley only have rockwool cubes. they were left over from clones i took for a friend awhile back. gotta do what you gotta do. ill put those in cups (how stanky had his) with a bag over it. never cloned this way before. i wonder if ill prefer it over the old tray & dome way in the future.

thanks for the advice!

-OSUB

4. Told you I'd be back. ;)

Here is my skunk male cut. 9 days and I have what I consider to be a rooted clone!! :hello: I'm not even sure if I'm gonna keep males, but I got this far, so might as well post up, might help someone.

I've had it on top of this box for about the last 5 days with no covering. I didn't mist once. After the first 4 days I took off the salad container and have had it sitting here open ever since. Fan blows whenever the light is on, 19 hours a day. Water only, the entire time.

[​IMG]

I checked on Sat and there was nothing yet. Check again today, Tues, and I see the first indication of a little nub (white kinda wart-like blob on the 'Top' of the cut). This is when I like to remove the cut from the RR cube and insert it into soil. Then I can reuse the cube and my cut will quickly root in the soil (my normal soil).

[​IMG]

That is the cheap-ass-easy clone method I use.

5. Water only. No rooting hormones?

6. One of the main branches broke off my chernobyl on Friday, prepped and stuck in some amended coco and it has already rooted using this method. I also used no hormones this time around just watered with some tea I had brewing. That may have had something to do with the speed also.

7. [quote name='"bookechu"']One of the main branches broke off my chernobyl on Friday, prepped and stuck in some amended coco and it has already rooted using this method. I also used no hormones this time around just watered with some tea I had brewing. That may have had something to do with the speed also.[/quote]

I think the coco had more to do with your success bro. Sounds like a good way to clone!

8. Resuscitation time tonight....this thread highlights some very important, very basic details I feel everybody can benefit from another look through.

9. Bump.. Well worth the read..

10. Double bump haha some good info in this old thread :)

Jeez I thought this old thread had gone Up in Smoke... I havent seen it in a long time.

j

12. Oh yeah here's another bump to remind folks to take the easy way out. I do the getto cloner deal with a concoction of Aloe and kelp meal tea with water .... I don't remember the last clone that didn't make it thru to soil.

Getto Cloner - tupperware with rubber plugs with a slit - put cutting into slit - stem in water with an air stone and a bubbler.... no cover no spray nothing... let it go. 2 weeks its time to transplant in soil.

Next clones are going straight into soil and test out that Chinese thing.

13. I root straight to potting soil....take the clone....fix it up how you like...I like to make a 45 degree cut 1/4 inch below the lowest node and trim that node down....leave everything else alone and soak the cutting in aloe water for at least 6 hours.....I normally just come back the next day....then I cut a small shank of aloe off and dip all of the clones in the shank of gel just before planting. Be sure the aloe covers the node that you trimmed down. I cover the clone with a clear or opaque cup for 3 to 4 days making sure the soil is not dry. I like to remove the cup once a day or twice a day just for air exchange and then I take the cup off and with in 2 weeks I always see new growth.

14. I have used 100% raw honey and aloe vera straight from the plant. Takes 14 days max to show roots. Gonna make a vid and put it on YouTube

15. Lazy me I'll just copy an earlier answer..
    mikeloks, on 19 Jul 2015 - 2:58 PM, said:[​IMG]
    <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote built" data-author="mikeloks" data-cid="21858119" data-time="1437346692"><cite class="ipb" style="display: none;" contenteditable="false">mikeloks, on 19 Jul 2015 - 3:58 PM, said:</cite>Hiw do i clone wirh stright dirt

</blockquote> Mike I don't think the medium is as important as how it's treated for the next 2 or 3 weeks it takes to root the cutting.. I'd find something about the size of a shot glass.. Some pony starter packs like you get small plants from the nursery in will do fine or some 6 ounce or smaller clear plastic cups.. I'd use something besides yard dirt.. Most any seedling starter mix will do.. Take cutting, clean it up and trim.. Dip in cloning gel if you have it or some aloe vera if you have access to that.. Pack soil snuggly around cutting then place in a zip lock baggie, doubled cups or cover with saran wrap.. Something to keep the cutting very humid.. Not wet on the leafs but the inside of the bag should be covered in condensate.. Open and vent bag a few seconds each day.. Watch for roots after about 2 weeks..
    ----------------------
    Each section of stem and it's connected fan leaf have the potential to be a new clone.. I could have gotten as many as 7 or 8 cuttings from this lower branch.. My success rate is high enough I usually only need to take 2 and I'll toss the weaker of the pair after rooting..
    [​IMG]
    That's about 3 fingers of stem and what I can cover with my thumb of the fan leaf..
    [​IMG]
    1.5 rock wool starter cubes cut free of the slat they come in
    [​IMG]
    Do the same thing only use soil instead of the rock wool cubes.. What's not shown is how I pack the stem tight with small scraps of rock wool until I can lift the wet cube by the cutting without it pulling out
    [​IMG]
    Good luck with this.. It was one of the tougher parts to get good at for me..
    BNW

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. @BrassNwood Thanks for the info on using each node for a cutting. I did not realize this was possible, so I have just been using the tip of each cutting I take. GC once again full of information!! This is such a great forum!!

17. Good read!

Bump

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. So i took clones the end of march using no rooting hormones or anything. Just cut the clones,put them in a cup of water and from there in peat pellets. Took 3 Gold Leaf clones and 3 Purple haze clones and got roots on 100% of them. Heres my makeshift humidity domes, used a tray with some perlite and the domes are just old xmas ornament storage tubes.
    20170329_000827.jpg
    20170408_232950.jpg
    And this them yesterday, all grown up
    20170515_001632.jpg
    20170515_001639.jpg
    Ps dont mind the spots where the cfls burned the leaves, that was due to my procrastination getting my veg area setup properly lmao

• Like Like x 2
  19. ive switched to an aerocloner and i'll never go back.

water, some silica and ful-power just for s's and g's....100% success. no dome required, no trimming the fan leaves required (the best part), doesn't seem to matter where i take the cutting from, if its hard or soft wood, etc...

was totally worth the $30 in parts

• Like Like x 2