Light timer detectablity

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by motion, May 30, 2006.

1. From what I have been hearing, light timers are detectable by the cops. They check out your power bill to see if any on/off schedules match 12/12, 16/8, etc. Is this something to really worry about, or is this just a myth? If true, how is it aviodable?

2. from what i hear the cops cant look at your powerbill for no reason, it is in the hands of the power company. Dont quote me but they probably need some other evidence before they can even investigate,
    at least i hope...........

3. I am 99.9999% sure it's a mythe. Even the power company can't see your hourly usage unless they are standing at your meter reading every hour. If the power company could see your usage without looking at your meter then you wouldn't have a meter attached to you home. They only read it once a month and thats all so don't worry about it.

4. You would have to be running a pretty big grow op to make an abnormal impact on your bill, and even then there are many other possible explanations. What kind of lighting set-up are you thinking of?

Your biggest threat from the electric company is a utility reader coming onto your property and seeing or smelling something funny.

5. Something below a 400w HPS. Prolly a 100w or something. Not entirely sure, yet.

6. 100w is nothing. my electric space heaters are 600w on the LOW power setting.. there's lots of things other than lights that take up a lot of electricity.

7. 100w is like leaving a reading lamp on. Nothing to worry about.