planets part of an atom?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by foreverforum8, Dec 16, 2011.

1. All you GC members know how atoms are made right? theres a nucleus with electrons flying around the nucleus at extreme distances away from it. And im sure you all know atoms are what makes up this world. well you think the plants are just parts of an atom? every galaxy has its own sun(s) so could the suns be the nucleus and the rest of the planets be the electrons? and since our scientist say space is unending but it could be like that cuz we just make up a whole world and we cant possible explore of that which would give the unending idea some validity?

just a thought id like to see if anyone else has thought of that

2. No, because it's not true. Planets are not electrons and suns are not nuclei, so the physics of subatomic particles do not apply.

3. you dont know planets are not electrons they easily could be thats why im posing the question. and how do you know that the physics dont apply to planets? it seems like they do. the planets or electrons spin around the nuclei or sun. its very hard to stop an electron in its path and that goes for planets too

4. An electron is basically a tiny little piece of electricity.

Is a planet a tiny little piece of electricity? Clearly not, otherwise everything on Earth would be electrocuted.

Also using "they both spin around the big inside thing" as a supporting argument is just dumb. You could say the same thing about a model solar system, but it's pretty obvious that a model solar system is not an atom.

5. And you don't know that planets are electrons.......
    Interesting concept but lets just all agree to smoke another 1 :smoke: and while you do prove to me that you really do indeed exist.

6. [quote name='"foreverforum8"']

you dont know planets are not electrons they easily could be thats why im posing the question. and how do you know that the physics dont apply to planets? it seems like they do. the planets or electrons spin around the nuclei or sun. its very hard to stop an electron in its path and that goes for planets too[/quote]

Subatomic physics are not the same as planetary and macrophysics. Therefore not possible.

7. every philoseper's ideas in history were shut down so quickly by the public but ended up being true. i hope scientist figure out were just part of a much bigger world and all you guys hatin on me go damn...that dude on GC was fucken smart :smoke: now lets toke that other one!

8. [quote name='"foreverforum8"']every philoseper's ideas in history were shut down so quickly by the public but ended up being true. i hope scientist figure out were just part of a much bigger world and all you guys hatin on me go damn...that dude on GC was fucken smart :smoke: now lets toke that other one![/quote]

I belive we are part of something but were held to the sun by gravity, not nucear forces. If im proven wrong, man, thatd be cool. Remeber, in science, nothing is fact. Just a really really close.

9. Yeah, EVERY philosopher's ideas ended up being true. You can't even spell philosopher correctly.

So no, it's not a case of you being too smart for your time. It's a case of you having a stupid idea and refusing to admit that you're wrong.

10. Yeah like the atomic THEORY.

Have they proven that yet?
    probably not.

11. theory
    [thee-uh-ree, theer-ee]   Origin
    the·o·ry
       [thee-uh-ree, theer-ee] Show IPA
    noun, plural the·o·ries.
    a coherent group of tested general propositions, commonly regarded as correct, that can be used as principles of explanation and prediction for a class of phenomena: Einstein's theory of relativity. Synonyms: principle, law, doctrine.

12. Are planets made up of quarks, gluons, and other subatomic particles? No. Are the elements that MAKE UP planets (and matter in general) made up of quarks, gluons, and other subatomic particles? Yes.

There's your answer.

13. An interesting thought, I would contribute by bringing up the possibility of taking your thought and turning it around, so to speak...

What if the things we know as "atoms" were actually solar systems and we and everything around us was actually made up of those solar systems that could potentially harbor some form of tiny intelligent life?

:eek: That would be crazy. :smoke::smoke:

14. There's more to philosophy than being high and having an "idea". You have to back up your claims, and follow through philosophical models. Do you know for certain that you're philosophical thought is even sound?

15. I think you guys are giving this man way to much shit. The man is drawing a parallel that is well within reach and you are beating him over the head with every definition you can find. I like physics a lot and I know where y'all are coming. That doesn't mean you can't let go for a second and consider it. There actually are a metricfuckton of similarities to macro and micro physics and if you know as much as you are throwing at this kid, then you should already be nodding rather than trying to ignore common points that do exist despite what our "words" say. This is a discussion forum so it would help if you thought about something objectively before putting all that out there.

16. It is not well within reach. Planets are not electrons. Electrons do not contain atoms. We have PROOF that his idea is not the case. Are we supposed to just entertain every stupid idea for the sake of doing so? And this forum is for apprentice tokers, not ideas that are clearly untrue that have nothing to do with weed.

17. I think we'll figure it out eventually. Within the past 100 years we've learned so much about the universe, we'll only continue to learn and explore.

But we all die.

18. I want some of this guys weed =) Every pot head on earth has had this very thought. I'm sure you've seen animal house. The scene where the guys are smokin with thier science teacher and discuss somthing very close to this.

19. False.