E cig anyone?

Discussion in 'General' started by hroth, Dec 15, 2011.

1. My gal has one of these layin around somewhere, might have to go jack that shit n give it a whorl.

2. I got a Riva 510 and its perfect for me, because I too like the act of smoking xD

and also if you really wanna switch invest in a good one for 50-60bucks or so

3. Yeah, Ive heard that the anti-freeze stuffs in tooth paste... if you use colgate check the back Propylene Glycol is in the inactive ingredents. Not to mention Blu uses FDA approved juice (I know that means next to nothing seeing as cancer sticks are legal and... i wont go there, but its a plus).

I think I'm the start of the new age smoking generation thats starting with e-cigs. I smoke cigars and got hooked to the tobacco flavor (I know its the nicotine not the flavor :D ). But cause I'm a musician and athlete I kinda need my lungs so I'm going this route.

Main reason I like the blu's is that theyre sold everywhere near me. If i run out of e juice I can just pop in walgreens and drop 12$ for the equivalent of 5 packs :hello: as well as the charging pack and the new social feature (if anyone knows anything specific about the software their supposed to release lemme know im excited about that.

4. BTW Blu is doing buy one get one free on their original white starter kit. Makes it about 30$ a kit

5. Am I right in thinking they are illigal in canada?

6. Google brought up a bunch of "Canada e-cigs" etc so I'd guess not

*edit* Wiki say:In Canada, as of March 2009, the import, sale, and advertising of electronic cigarettes containing nicotine are banned in Canada, while non-nicotine e-cigs are legal and may be sold and advertised. Health Canada advised Canadian consumers not to purchase or use any electronic smoking products, cited prohibition of electronic smoking products containing nicotine in the Food and Drugs Act; no market authorization has been granted for any electronic smoking product

7. My mom got a black one and they're pretty cool.. it is a little harsh but i use it sometimes

8. Are the V2's order only or has anyone seen them in stores?

9. They mentioned on their forums that they're now releasing disposable e-cigs in stores, the equivalent of 1 or 2 packs.

But I think their non-disposable e-cigs are still online only.

Feel free to PM me if you want more info. I've been a happy customer for like 4 months now. :p

10. I been thinking of getting one of these so I can cut back
    on my reg cigs.

Ive only ever seen those disposeable ones. I dont really wanna
    keep buying them. So walking into my local wallgreens. What would
    you recomend me getting? I would prefer not to pay more than $40
    if I dont have too.

11. I don't think there's exactly a huge e-cig selection at the local Walgreens. Most of the e-cig manufacturers sell online or in cheesy booths at the mall. :p

$40 might not get you much, though. It's a product that is supposed to last for a long while, and you get what you pay for.

A friend of mine tried dozens of different e-cigs and hated almost all of them. She decided on the V2 and that's why I went with it. But there's a lot of different factors in play there. Low quality e-cigs, low quality-flavors, cartridges, etc.

If you only want to spend $40 then it might not be the thing for you right now. ;)

12. Oh i didnt know they were much more expensive. Thanks for the tid-bid.

I might have to look into this V-2 contraption.

Im not able to buy online right now. Its the whole "card is maxed" thing ya know.

I did see a vender in the mall but didnt stop at the time and that mall is about
    2 hours away.

What about this "BLU" ppl are talking about? I dont mind buying a lesser
    value one just to get into it and sum experience before I fork out big bucks
    for a realy good one.

13. Well, "much more expensive" is a matter of how you use it.

Blu is another brand of e-cig, and as far as I can tell, they seem to be priced similarly to V2.

I paid I think 60 or 80 (I can't tell right now because the V2 store is down) for my 'starter' kit, which came with 2 batteries and 20 cartridges (or 'packs' of cigs).

So, it's a somewhat expensive 1-time purchase for the main supplies. But for me, I used to smoke rolling tobacco in the injectable cigarette tubes. So I was already saving money compared to manufactured cigs, but smoking a pack a day still cost me at least $80 a month.

With the e-cig, I'm using it almost constantly every day, but I still find that a "1-pack" cartridge is lasting me 2-3 days. And since a 40 pack of cartridges is less than 80 bucks, I'm still spending less than $40 a month on my habit. Less than half of what I was paying before even with rollies.

But, that's not true for everyone. A friend of mine who had almost quit cigs and was only smoking them every once in a while switched to an e-cig and she can go through 2 cartridges a day if she isn't careful. :p
    Boggles my mind, how a previous almost-non-smoker can go through 2 cartridges a day while it takes my previously pack-a-day smoker self 2 days to get through a whole cartridge. :p

But it's all just down to personal preference. You might end up going through cartridges like nobodies business, or you might end up being like me and finding that one cartridge is enough for 2 or 3 days.

Just depends on you, I suppose. ;)

14. Once I saved up all of my stems and leaves to make hash oil..after that I melted it into my e-cig fluid to see if it would give me a buzz, but the hash oil is to sticky and breaks you're ecig :/

15. :)

From an older thread....

--------------------

E-Cigs: A Photo Tutorial using Hash Tincture

You need to start with a concentrate... at least dry sift hash. [​IMG] The tincture needs to be activated and bioavailable, or functional orally, and you still need to dose according to your personal tolerance.

If we have folks, putting just a gram or two of flowers/herb, into a fluid oz of glycerin, and expecting a single ml (or half a ml!) to do the trick in an e-cig, then their usual smoking-dose would have to be around 0.03 of a gram.... less than half, of a tenth, of a gram.

That's one tiny little bowl pack! A common 'industry standard' dose for edibles is roughly 0.35g, per edible... that's over eleven (11) times more, than using one gram per fluid oz is going to allow you to jam into a reasonably-sized cart.

You need to have realistic expectations when it comes to the tincture you're working with.. if it's not concentrated enough and you need to resort to using it orally, or sublingually, then so be it, it's not all bad! [​IMG]

But in the end, one way or the other, it's still going to take roughly the same amount of material you'd normally smoke, to achieve the desired effect. This is very easily accomplished with hash, but it's less easily done with herb, if you're aiming for a single ml-sized dose or smaller.

------------

Use a high proof grain alcohol (such as everclear) and extract the glandular material, then gently evaporate off the alcohol, turning it into a concentrate, or go to your clinic and buy the highest grade concentrate they offer. When using alcohol to make a concentrate for cooking, it's a good idea to decarb the plant matter first, then extract.

Using a measuring pipette (I'll show one below), first determine just how much tincture can fit in your cartridges. Then, use the correct ratio of concentrate to glycerin, to fit your personal dose, in that much tincture. I can vape an average cart in 7 - 15 minutes depending what I'm doing at the time, but using multiple carts per dose will require an even more leisurely approach.
    You'll want to calculate how much of the concentrate you need per dose, by trying some out before you make your tincture (smoke.vape it), then process as usual using a glycerin tincture recipe.

Using pure concentrate or hash alone in your e-cig without first processing it into a tincture, is not recommended; it won't vape as evenly or as easily, and you'll wear out your atomizers and equipment much, much faster.

---------------------------

When working with a concentrate or any lesser form of hash, it's still the same glandular material, and as such it requires the same processing, however, you will need to manually agitate concentrates a bit more, in order to 'loosen' them up, and expose as much surface space as possible to the glycerin. It's very easy. [​IMG] If working with a small amount, you just need a small ceramic or pyrex dish, and your home oven...

Photo Tutorial: Med Grade Glycerin Tincture

You can use a crock pot for large amounts, but ideally, whether the amount is large or small, the oven is the way to go (the above link helps explain why, and how to use each method as best as possible).... when working with a concentrate, you will need to frequently stop the process and manually agitate the material.

That is the only difference.

A concentrate still requires nearly the same amount of time and patience, in order to become a solution, so it may be as bioavailable as possible. It's not finished the moment the glandular material disperses, or appears to be dispersed to the naked eye. It still needs several hours of gentle heat, and ideally, a week or two of sitting time for the best results.

I've been doing this off and on since before e-cigs were widely available to the general public, for even nicotine purposes. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Concentrates and hash are ideal for making glycerin tincture, that you intend on using in an e-cigarette personal vaporizer.. these tinctures come out much more concentrated, and a bit 'cleaner', than tinctures made with flowers.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

E-Cigs: A Photo Tutorial using Hash Tincture

[​IMG]

(And a pipette, as promised... I buy them by the thousand, use them only once each, sterilize them, and then give them to patients who need them but can't find/afford them. Seems better than just tossing them out [​IMG] )
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have fun, and good luck. [​IMG]

16. I checked out the V-2 web site and I think this is what I will order
    after the holidays. The prices are better than I thought and will probable
    order the "his/her" combo. I know my aunt would like one too.:smoke:
    They say on there site that the full flavor is a bit strong
    for people who continue to smoke reg cigs. So since I smoke lghts
    now. I think I will go with the med streinght.

I dont want it too strong but I dont want it too light either.

17. There are many flavors in e-cigarettes are available, which gives you the same pleasure and taste as the conventional cigarette give.

18. I still use my ecig but I wonder if there are no bad long term effects.... too bad you cant speed up time for shit like that.

19. I have a Joye Ego-T. I started with a normal Ego but I realized that once you have the basic components for it that the atomizers and such can be interchanged. I like the T(tank) system a lot more because there's never really a question if I've filled it up enough and so far it has been much easier to clean.

Really, in the long run it is so much cheaper. 30mL of pre-mixed VG last me about 3 maybe 4 months and costs about $8 from the company I purchase from. Let's say I buy 2 packs of cigarettes a week, $14 x 12(weeks), $168 for 3ish months.

I bought my e-cig about 8 months ago, a long with juice and some spare parts, and the total came to less than $60. Probably spent another 20-30 since or cartridges and juice and that falls way below how much I would have spent on cigarettes