Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best way to light that bowl

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by yavuzgtr, Dec 13, 2011.

1. What I learned from this thread is to try to use a soldering iron. I like that idea.
    I'm a total noob to this stuff. I'm in my mid 40's and I've never smoked pot. I was in the military, or was pursuing a career in law enforcement (don't worry, that's way behind me, just something I thought about 20 years ago), or I was too broke to afford anything more than food and rent. 
    I don't know how to roll joints, I don't know what hash is, but I've used a couple Juju joints (disposable vapes) in the 6 weeks I've tried pot. I live in Washington state, so we have recreational, legal pot available everywhere.
    In the interest of knowing about this new-to-me hobby, I have started reading a good book, Cannabis Pharmacy: The Practical Guide to Medical Marijuana and the author talks about lighting a pipe. Apparently, it's best if you lower your heat source to the bowl without actually lighting it on fire. That will be a skill to master. Using a soldering iron sounds like a great way to introduce convection heat, not conduction. I'd like to keep this as safe as possible.

2. Alright, what's a wand?  :confused:

3. hold bowl end to mouth, take lighter, bring to weed without burning yourself and inhale. easy and it's not dangerous unless you have a very low IQ

4. #124 enjoyandlive, Dec 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2014
    it's a long thin stick of metal that you heat up to temperatures that can cause weed to smoke and cherry. replacement lighter, used for concentrates ontop of bowls mostly because it melts them

5. I flick my Bic.

I have a lighter callous.

6. Vaping is the best of course, but if not vaping then you should use beeline.