Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best way to light that bowl

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by yavuzgtr, Dec 13, 2011.

1. heys guys n girls i was just wondering what are your thoughts on whats best to light up your bowl with whats betta a flame from just a lighter or a jett lighter or matches or a heat gun or what ever else is out there that you use for lighting let me know what you thinks the best also do jett lighters weaken the glass ?

:smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:

2. i use a bic with pipes and humboldt wick with bongs and such.

3. Bic lighters, reliable and last a good while. Other cheaper lighters tend to run out pretty quick but I still buy them as back ups and to let people use them when they come over because I usually don't like sharing mine. Jet lighters actually burn weed where you don't get a lot of actually smoke from it because it's so hot so those are mainly meant for cigars or cigs or what ever. A bud irons is really good if your a taste perfectionist but a bit unpractical because you need to plug it in and you can't really keep it in your pocket.

And those clicky lighters where you just have to press a button are really cool but I have yet to find a reliable one that I can refill without it actually getting a weaker flame because of that. But I will keep searching..

Also, hemp wicks are a great alternative to the bud iron if you like looking like a boss when you light a fat bowl.

4. Glass hits...

get a pyrex stir bar, heat with a torch till red hot, apply to top of bowl, inhale

Hempwick isnt even that clean, smokin like a boss

5. Flick your bic and torch that shit.

6. Well I had been searching for a reliable torch or just plain lighter, but they all seem to break rather quickly. Bics are the way to go.

7. soldering iron all the way

8. Oh really? Herb irons have their place and all but theres a reason why everyone doesn't own one. Hemp wicks are pretty much right next to it in smoking quality since your not getting any nasty butane so thats the biggest thing and it's pretty cheap and you can't exactly break it either .

The flavor difference would be negligible at best to the point unless like I said, your a flavor perfectionist. If your wanting to spend the extra money on that then go ahead.

9. awwk i mainly smoke from a bong were could i find my self hemp wicks and a bud iron is the hemp wick the same as humboldt wick what swamis said he uses ?? :smoke::smoke::smoke:

10. Eh a hemp wick is a hemp wick, it should be pretty much the same where ever you get it from. Go to any head shop or smoke shop and your likely to find it. At the one by my house I can actually buy about a foot of it that with a lighter and it will only cost me $2. But you can by a ball of it for more. A bud iron I'm not to sure since but probably a head shop also or order it online.

11. I said nothing to the effect of it vs an iron..... lol soldering iron or a red hot glass rod will produce almost the same effect

Hempwick is coated in a wax which burns as does the hemp, producing a smoke/particulates, which are obviously almost obsolete, but its not as CLEAN as a glass/iron hit hahahahha

Plus.... they arent expensive, and i have like 10 stir rods (pyrex) from my oil ventures hahahahaha it wasnt an issue :)

12. ive been looking for lighters and i found clippers there not every were but if u find them i reckon there betta then the bic when u put them on there side the flame gos abit bigger also they may be like $3 3.50 but u can refill them

13. i gotta work out were i can find this hemp wich in austraila also with the iron what do they look like is there a type you need to buy or anyone will do the job ??? im willing to give both of them a try

14. fuck torch lighters you probably destroy half the THC with those

15. [​IMG]

+

[​IMG]

+

[​IMG]

+

[​IMG]

Apologies on the shit milk, but I just threw this up in 5mins. My choice beeline, helps provide a richer taste to your herb and doesn't leave a lingering harsh taste from the butane but then again I didn't realise this till I used a lighter again. :smoke:

Still to try a herb iron though, those things look the bomb!

16. cheers for the pics man :p makes me wanna find this hemp wich and iron even more haha

17. #17 dmvthc, Dec 15, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
    [​IMG]

Beeline’s Thick Wick Review

At first glance: it’s THICK, lots of wax, and dark in color.

Taste: There’s a little taste but it doesn’t outweigh the full taste that you get out of your bud. You can truly taste the difference between smoking with hemp or smoking with butane.

Burn: I did a burn test between beelines thick and thin wicks against Humboldts thin and thick wicks and this one out beat all of them. It stays lit, easy to extinguish, leaves a strand of ash which can be dusted off easily. There is a smell after you extinguish it but who cares.

Overall: Great quality hemp wick. Awesome to use on big smoking pieces.

[​IMG]
    Beeline’s Original Size Wick Review

At first glance: it’s thicker than Humboldts thick wick, lots of wax, and also dark in color, if not darker.

Taste: There’s a little taste but it doesn’t outweigh the full taste that you get out of your bud. You can truly taste the difference between smoking with hemp or smoking with butane. [Same as thick wick]

Burn: I did a burn test between beelines thick and thin wicks against Humboldts thin and thick wicks and this one came in 3rd. It stays lit longer than Humboldts thin wick, easy to extinguish, leaves a strand of ash which can be dusted off easily. There is a smell after you extinguish it but who cares.

Overall: Another quality hemp wick from Beeline. Very consistent with their products. Like I’ve said before, if you’re a smoking veteran and you do it everyday… kick the butane to the curb and do use hemp wick. It’s an organic alternative and it makes a difference.

Check them out ---> Beeline Hemp Wicks

18. [​IMG]

:wave: I recently got the pleasure to review Humboldt Hemp Wicks and one of the Quik Wicks dispensers and I can't say anything bad about the quality of their products. Their customer service was beyond what I had expected and was really impressed with how responsive they were.

[​IMG]

Humboldt Hemp Wick Review
    At first glance, you don’t even need to be an expert on wicks to tell that this is a very high quality product. The wick itself is flawless. There are no loose strands on this wick whatsoever. As you can tell, the wick possesses this straw like color unlike Beeline or Ital which made it stand out. I was also impressed by how Humboldt wicks can hold their posture. It’s thin but not flimsy. Upon lighting, I was very impressed. The wicks were thin enough to take the flame quickly and can be easily extinguished with a swift flick. Relighting it is a breeze too. I’ve also found that It has a more controlled burn, despite of how easily it can be lit. I personally like the fine flame for everyday pipe uses because its such a small flame that you can zero into what you want to burn. Fine flame comes in very handy when you’re toking with others because of this control. Taste wise, it gives off little to no taste. Unlike lighting with butane, sparking with Humboldt hemp wick really does improve the taste of your bud. I’ve also noticed that my hits have been cooler in temperature compared to sparking with a lighter. Humboldt is 100% organic and is better than sparking with butane by a space load. With that said, I HIGHly ;) recommend this to anyone who smokes on the regular. You get the full taste of your bud and it’s healthier for you :smoke:

[​IMG]

Quik Wicks glass/metal top wick Dispenser Review
    Want your hemp wick on the go? Definitely check out the hemp wick dispensers they have at Quik Wicks. Thanks to Mike from Quik Wicks, I now have a hand blown glass hemp wick dispenser with the metal top. It holds about 15-20ft of wick and is perfect on the go. The first impression it had on me was that it was cute. It’s very small and can easily fit in your pocket and the best thing about it is that it keeps your wick lint free! The dispenser is also textured with green bumps for eye appeal but also serves as a grip. The one thing I do have a problem with is that the whole isn’t big enough for the full flame. Fixable, but it did scrape the wax of the wick. Other than that, I love this dispenser and if you’re a seasoned toker, this is a MUST HAVE.

You can get even get a free sample of Humboldt Wicks at their website<--

Humboldt and Quik Wicks have one of the best customer services ever.
    SO DONT HESITATE :D

For more pictures and videos, please visit my websites. :smoke:

19. A magnifying glass and the Sun, man. Doesn't get much cleaner than that.

20. go buy a butane torch (ronson is good cheap brand, goes for 3-5 bucks). then get a glass rod. turn the torch on hot and heat the glass rod up for a few seconds, youll find out exactly how long over time. then use the glass rod to light the bud. ive done it before and it was an awesome hit. unless you dont heat it enough, the bud will actually light, not just vape. its a really clean way to smoke.