RT news VS main stream media

Discussion in 'Politics' started by maxrule, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Right on the mark.

2. I look at it as RT calls out the msm on their shit war reporting on US, and the msm calls RT out on their shit war reporting on Russia.

Both sides point out the others corruption, whilst conveniently ignoring their own.

3. #23 Al Swearengen, Dec 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2011
    dude you should know by now garrison's the king of straw. he probably lives in a barn he loves it so much.

that reminds me did you guys see the piece about the different covers for Time magazine? the cover for the US had .

here's a link to ATS which shows clearly how bad we are being lied and deceived by US media.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread779797/pg1

4. There's no barns anymore in Brooklyn, which has the largest concentration of Russian immigrants in the country.

I said in the fifth posting on this thread that RT was associated with the Kremlin and several other members subsequently posted information affirming that this is true.

What do YOU know, anyway, besides bad sarcasm. :wave:

5. I'm not watching it in Russian, I only speak English.

I know that the Russian government is corrupt also but the Russians are not starting wars all over the globe. The world runs on dollars, not rubles.

Anyway I like the fact that I can get some useful information from them. I feel like MSM is a total waste of time.

I will post some more clips here in a few. I found some more good stuff. ;)

6. The Kremlin must be doing something right because RT is getting a lot of attention from American viewers.

I know that Russian babes are smoke'n hot!!!

I bet you have a lot of nice looking women to scope out there.

Must be nice. :D

7. The only problem I have with RT is that they are basically a product of an Anti-American cold war era. Other than that, I don't have much to say other than they do bring a few good stories here and there.:cool:

8. I can agree with this. However I'm not as concerned with corruption in Russia as I am the unconstitutional wars and the deliberate dumbing down of Americans by our own media.

[​IMG]

9. #29 Noxnoctum, Dec 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2011
    RT seems much more balanced than any American mainstream sources but at the same time it's owned by the Russian state so I'm suspicious. Not because I'm scared of "dirty commies", but just because it's you know, owned by a government ;).

However, it makes sense that even if they have a bias it probably would not be a bias that sides with our corporate owned government necessarily. More likely the opposite.

Honestly I kinda feel like there's hardly anyone I can trust. You need $$$ to be able to cover international events and as soon as money comes into play you have corruption. So can any large news organization really be trusted?

10. Americans leaving US in record numbers

I guess its already begun:/

11. Why are people so quick to be like

"meh people like from russia, live down the street from me & in my building...and for some reason I felt like asking them one day if they liked america more or russia and they said they didn't like russia, so IDK ABOUT THIS RT JAZZ.."

I mean it's clear that RT reports some things that are on the contrary not being reported by the american msm, that's pure american media for you. all about the hype & sensationalizing everything ... Who else is going to point this shit out?

The news, will be news

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNczox-l0Sk]'NATO bombed Libya back into Stone Age' - YouTube[/ame]

12. At this point, when Ron Paul gets in its still going to be bad. Ron Paul's route is the right direction, but its the hardest of all possible roads to go down for this country right now, otherwise politicians would not have such a problem with it.

RP is the man for the job, i just hope your not under the impression that its going to be a situation where he prevents us from seeing disaster. Disaster is going to happen either way, Ron Paul is just going to make it come to a head sooner, so we can get it over with and move past it.

13. I usually watch the news on tv and I have the following choices: 2 Dutch news broadcasts (1 government subsidized and one commercial, both are very good but the government sponsored one is better), CNN international, Al Jazeera, BBC, Euronews, CNBC Europe.
    As far as being unbias goes, I would say the Dutch government subsidized one is the best and CNN is the worst. I have yet to detect any bias in this one, even though they're subsidized by the government. They report facts and not opinions. If there's a scandal in the government they don't try to downplay it or anything.
    But I mostly watch Al Jazeera because I'm more interested in international developments. The Dutch news networks also report on this but not in as much depth.

14. An American-accented, jewelry-wearing reporter on RT attacks people who go to a comics convention! Their little darlings, Occupy Wall Street, spent over $20,000 on the Greenwich Village Halloween Parade for floats and comic book character costumes, but RT didn't complain about that. They think that we're still in Communist Soviet Union, where they can dictate what our personal money is spent on, and you have no right to privacy or personal choices. So get on board with the program we endorse for you, you fucking decadent Americans!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvsySC6yNwk]Crazy Comic-Con fever: $175 for a ticket - YouTube[/ame]

15. Sorry but people who dress up and go to comic book conventions are way more ridiculous than someone who protests something they believe in..

16. I trust myself. I inform myself. No one should put their trust in ANY single source on the planet, not Fox, MSNBC, RT, your mom, preacher, best friend, no one. All people need to do their own research and find various sources on any subject they wish to learn about. Weigh the available evidence of both sides of an argument in their own mind and use their own reason and logic to determine what's right. Only then can anyone watch a news outlet show and determine if it's accurate or not. With that being said, RT is by far more accurate and well rounded in it's reporting than MSM. As far as MSM goes, I see them all pretty much the same. They all twist the truth pretty grossly, it's just some twist it towards a certain direction, and others twist it in the opposite direction, but it's all twisted. I like watching the financial shows on MSM, but only because I find their overall ignorance to be entertaining.

17. The disasters won't be equal though. It's not a case that we will have an equal disaster and then Ron Paul will get us out quicker. With Ron Paul the disaster will be much less drastic, and yes we will emerge sooner, but with the other candidates, not only will we not get out as quickly, but the depth of the impact will be far greater.

The malinvestments must be corrected, and the debt must be liquidated, no matter who is in office, but under Ron Paul my prediction of huge emigration won't come true.

18. I think that it's all kind of silly, but RT doesn't criticize all the people who regularly go to sporting events, many of them with face paint, signs and/or other adornments. Is this any less ridiculous than attending a once-a-year comic convention?

Victoria Schmidt mentioned that she, and other convention goers, spend their spare time working for charities, raising money for research, and visiting children's hospitals.

There has been some well-written responses to that biased report by RT.

Nerd Caliber » Are Conventions Bad For The Economy?

Why aren't geeks doing more for the economy? | Alter Ego Maniac