Don't pipes get you higher then bongs?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by TazzLAzz, Dec 2, 2011.

1. No they do not.

Think of it like this.

Every device one can use for smoking is basically a different measure of smoke.

Think of how much smoke it takes to fill your entire bowl up. Not much.

Think how much it takes to fill your entire bong up. Much more, and it is more measured out.

When you hit a bong, you are taking a LOT of smoke into your body in almost an instant. When you hit a bowl, it is only a little burst.

Bongs will fuck your day up. Bowls will too. But too a much, much, much less of a degree.

2. I find that, in my 'arsenal', the dry pipes always seem to get dirtier faster, and much more 'smoke' adheres to their walls in less time. I've always assumed this happens, due to the fact they aren't as moist, and THC (being non-water soluble) won't adhere to the humid walls of a bong, quite as easily as it adheres to the dry walls of a pipe.

Not to mention, the bong water removes more water-soluble and inert plant matter, or debris, such as the byproducts from burning chlorophyll and bitter plant salts, allowing for a more concentrated (and tastier) hit. :)

Just my 2c. :D ;)

3. Since when did more smoke= more thc? Pretty sure lower smoke time+lower volume of smoke= profit. Either way you are getting the same ammount of thc. So why take that thc in more smoke?

Bongs create at least twice the smoke of pipes. That means if you take a bong and pipe hit of the same size the bong hit will have half as much thc. Bongs are bigger simply because they create more smoke then a pipe does. Pipe smoke is more concentrated. So you can actually take more thc filled hits with a pipe.

4. A study was done some years ago to measure THC content efficiency through different methods of intake (smoking method). I wouldn't quote me on this but it seems like joints and blunts had the least. Something like 60-70 percent. Pipes were next with somewhere in the 70s percentile range. Then, water pipes with upper eighties and vapes were the highest with an average 97% THC content efficiency. It made sense to me so that's just the belief I'm gonna go with until someone shows me proof from a legit source.

5. Yea pipes do clog faster. But i think that is more because of the size of the pipe.

And i don't see how a bong hit is more concentrated. Removing toxins doesn't concentrate the thc into the smoke. It just removes the toxins. And bongs actually create more smoke. Which would mean they are doing the opposite of concentrating your hits.

6. Lol can i see a legit source? Link to this study?

7. Bongs fuck you up way more than pipes because its less harsh (ice, percs, water) hence you can take BIG hits and still not cough or anything but for pipes, they make you cough almost everytime if your taking BIG hits. If your talking about facts and shit, then how can you not SEE that bongs are better in every aspect as mentioned by people before me..... seriously, end this thread already. Im a noob (hasn't been smoking for more than 2 years) and i can tell you I know that bongs are better, so are hookahs

8. Not necessarily. I think bongs are more efficient because of the lack of escape routes for smoke. Maybe, it's the fact that you can more easily take a bigger hit from a bong because of the filtering properties. I also think that bongs burn hotter than pipes because of how the air pressure is effected from the traveling through water. I think it creates more pressure on the intake. More air flow, hotter fire.

9. Lol exactly you are a noob. I can take a huge pipe rip without coughing. And the simple fact is there is no proof that bongs get you higher. And if you think about it a pipe should get you higher if you smoke the same amount of material in the same amount of time. You are smoking it in the same amount of time so what you are saying about BIG hits doesn't matter at all. Same amount of thc.

10. The reason pipes get clogged more quickly is due to the dry environment within the chamber. Not only does the water in a bong/bubbler filter the smoke, it does a better job of keeping resin from clinging to the inside of the bong (THC is non-soluble in water). As result, more thc is making its way into your system because less is clinging to the piece itself.

Hope this helps bro.

11. Just my two cents :) I stumbled upon it when I was still in high school. Didn't have the presence of mind to save it. Probably would've lost it by now anywho. :p So anyway, I get the feeling that this thread is basically your advocating pipes being 'the best'. If you don't like water pipes, that's cool but, it really doesn't make a difference when they all take you to the same place. Let sleeping dogs lay is what I'm trying to get across.

12. Thc is soluble in water first of all. Ever heard of weed tea? Water just doesn't soak up as much thc. And bro just because the majority of resin collects inside of the water doesn't mean that bongs get you more thc. That makes absolutely no sense since bong water gets just as resin packed as a pipe.

In reality the reason pipes get clogged easier is because they have less space. And the water inside the bong helps stop the resin from sticking to the sides so much of it collects in the bowl and bong water.

13. OP is retarded. Look at it this way.

Bigger Hit = High
    Smaller Hit = Not as high

You can take more hits on a pipe to make up for it, but in the end, one rip off of a bong will get you much higher than a hit off a pipe. If you're going to continue saying that EVERYONE ELSE posting is wrong and that you, the only person backing up your case, is right, then it's pretty clear that you have some issues. Quit being so full of yourself, when this many people agree with each other that you are completely wrong then it's time to re-asses your position.

ALSO. OP states that he can smoke a gram in 2 minutes with a dry piece...oh yeah? How about the people that snap 1 gram bowls in one hit? I think they just smoked the same amount as you did...only in like, 20 seconds.

14. Sorry for the potential double post, but you are even more retarded then you appear. Weed tea requires MILK, or CREAMER, something FATTY to absorb the THC because water doesn't absorb nearly enough to matter.

15. Ever wonder you're not supposed to make weed tea with skim milk? You need cream, 2% milk, something with fat because THC is fat-soluble. Where's the fat in water?

It seems to me like you've convinced yourself that pipes are better and won't let anyone otherwise. Since you're the "expert" here, why don't you just go smoke your pipe and let us "noobs" use our bongs?

16. Why would you even ask this?

Anyway, it's the weed you have in that bong or pipe that truly matters.

17. Why do people ask questions and then refuse to listen to anyone's answer?

18. Ignorance truly is bliss.

19. OP is either retarded or trolling, one or the other this thread is over.:smoke:

Attached Files:

20. So basically I'm gonna ask all of you something, you're gonna prove me wrong but I'm just going to deny any facts you throw at me. I'll continue to ignore posts that agree with everyone else, because clearly they are wrong and I am right. Even though I came to you, Grass City Community, looking for an answer, I've decided you're all stupid and don't know what you're talking about.
    Damn, can you believe such a large forum dedicated to marijuana is full of people who are extremely uneducated on said herb? Good thing I know my shit.

/end parody of OP