You don't need shampoo.

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by bahookahjoe18, Nov 29, 2011.

1. ^^^yeah me too.. i get itchy bumps on my head that go away if i use shampoo with pyrithione zinc. So i wonder if this would help, the "no poo" thing. I shower everyday. I dont know if i could make it the six weeks or whatever for my hair oils to normalized.

You guys do have some nice and luscious locks :ey:

2. Definitely trying this.

Always nice to use less chemicals that I have no clue if they're good or bad for me:p I thought of this not too long ago, like people back in the day weren't using shampoo/conditioner

My hairs mad long right now, probably going to start dreading it up soon:smoke:

Can't wait, my hairs nice.. but, boring:D

Agh the first day or two is going to suck.

I'll report back.

3. When I was first getting dreads, my scalp would kill me. I scratched it to the point where I had scars and shit. It took a while for it to adjust, and now I rarely ever scratch it, and if I do, I just throw some body wash in it and wash it that way and its straight. Your head will definitely adjust if you can handle the itch.

Just make sure to research. Don't wanna buy snake oil.

4. They definitely do work! I've been using the same stone for about 3 - 4 years, myself... they work for guys and gals almost equally, if you happen to skip a day showering you won't even notice.

Deodorant stones = No more nasty chemical perfume smell, no staining shirts or clumping, none of the 'odd' residual smells some sticks get after they've been on a while, and better control over body odor versus a traditional stick.

The kalinite (aluminum potassium sulfate) in a deodorant stone has tested better and has not shown the same links to accumulation of aluminum in the outer breast tissue of men and women, when compared to the aluminium chlorohydrate contained in most common stick deodorants, which has shown such links in both the US and European studies.

The European Journal of Cancer Prevention has found several links in recent studies indicating a clearly higher accumulation of aluminum in the outer breast tissue and underarm glands. However, whether or not this is the cause for the similarly high rate of tumors for these regions, is 'unknown'.

This is why there is controversy, the 'unknown link' factor, but it's also why some folks still feel it's better to 'play it safe than sorry' when it comes to slathering one kind over another on our bodies, especially considering that our day to day exposure to aluminum-type material is already fairly high. :)

5. They're not anti perspirants though.

6. #166 badboy287, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2012
    Were meant to perspire, everybody demonizes sweating like its some horrible thing, we sweat to cool off that's it, there's no magic stick that can stop us from sweating and if there is ill pass on it, can't imagine what's in it that will allow my body to not produce sweat.

7. will this make my hair like andrew vanwyngarden's? his hair is amazing

8. Yeah, but with sweat comes body odor, which isn't so pleasant. Yeah it's natural, but it isn't necessary, unless you're doing intense physical work.

9. Just buy yourself some deodorant and NOT antiperspirant. It won't stop the sweating but it'll make it smell nice

10. [quote name='"ddoublevision"']Just buy yourself some deodorant and NOT antiperspirant. It won't stop the sweating but it'll make it smell nice[/quote]

What's wrong with antiperspirants

11. [quote name='"Danonymous"']

What's wrong with antiperspirants[/quote]

come on man scroll up and read

12. Nope, they aren't antiperspirants. Just deodorant (although personally, I do find the kalinite stones make me sweat a little less, but that isn't a 'deodorants' claim.... it's why most sticks you buy will specifically say one, the other, or both on the label! Besides their ingredients, that's how you know what their purpose is). :)

13. I didn't come across that study you mentioned before, but I have just read it.. it's interesting.

I think that endocrine-disrupting chemicals would be a more likely culprit than aluminium salts (there is just too little absorbed by topical application). Although it really is difficult to say when it becomes a juggle of correlation and causation and so many contradictory findings.

Also, Underarm antiperspirants/deodorants and breast cancer

14. I don't think sweating is bad.... I don't smell bad when I sweat, because I have such a healthy diet. I just hate feeling sticky and gross in really humid weather. Thats the only time I use anti-perspirant.... But I see what you are saying. I just limit my exposure.

15. I eat like crap hardly drink water and thrive on energy drinks lol and im an average weight for my height :p I sweat but not profusely and don't stink unless in extreme conditions. If i go without anti perspiration accidentally its all good ;)

I feel you on the gross sweaty part, to me, soap is the only option at that point.

16. [quote name='"Simplyblunted"']

I eat like crap hardly drink water and thrive on energy drinks lol and im an average weight for my height :p I sweat but not profusely and don't stink unless in extreme conditions. If i go without anti perspiration accidentally its all good ;)

I feel you on the gross sweaty part, to me, soap is the only option at that point.[/quote]

You could do it like the OG Greeks did and coat yourself in olive oil and scrape that shit off hahahahahahahahahahaha

I've heard its actually quite nice, but I'm not about to coat myself in oil, to clean off the oil hahahaha

17. Ill take Degreaser for my grease actually :p blarrg

Fight fire with fire i guess eww lol

18. So I havnt used shampoo in like two weeks...my hair is extremely thick but it seems to be working. I like this, something else I don't have to spend money on.

19. I have dreads and today I washed only with water. I usually just use water and a very little bit of diluted mild soap.. I hope i don't smell bad or something ahaha

20. hmmm.. maybe it just depends on the person. One day when I was sweaty and wasnt wearing anti-perspirant, I got a "babe you smell good from my bf. lol And I still use soap when I'm gross, I want to switch to a all natural kind though.

I've done that before, but for other reasons....:p It makes your skin super soft.

If you stop using degreaser you'll hair will be less greasy it just takes some time for your body to adjust. I used a all natural shampoo I got from my hair salon and wash it every other day. Makes your hair shinny and smooth.