Dry powder hydro nutes?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Drewz, Nov 29, 2011.

1. I'm looking ti start a hydro grow however hydro stores are NON-existent where i live so I need to rely on the internet.

I've stumbled onto Plant Nutrients items in Greenleaf Nutrients store on eBay! who seems to sell nutes in a powder form to help preserve shipping costs, do you think it will be any good?

Also this is my first time growing so what nutes should I get for a grow from seed as I have no idea how this nutrition stuff work :/ I read i need different nutes for veg and flowering? What dosages doyou typically apply for 4 plants?

Thanks in advance :)

2. Im curious about this also

3. Off topic, sorta. I tried dry ph down and it fkn sucked! That is all.

4. [quote name='"zoomme"']Off topic, sorta. I tried dry ph down and it fkn sucked! That is all.[/quote]

Well for primary nutes I use liquid ( fox farm - big bloom, grow big and tiger bloom) and they have dry soluables ( foc farm -open sesame, beastie bloom and cha Ching ) they work good and semi organic.. The big bloom is kinda thick and merky if you are doing dwc. ( deep water culture) and could clump up in grow medium and roots. The soluables are ment to be started the 4th week of veg and continued throughout the flowering until the last week or two before harvest. Soluables are ok I prefer liquids I use now house and gardens aqua flakes a&b and I still use the 3 fox farm soluables with the aqua flakes. Feeding schedules are given from the manufactures on how much to use.. Rule of thumb is 1/8 for starter nutes and 1/4 strength for first week and each week increase gradually for each week. ( thats just badic rule of thumb) Learn about macro nutrients and micro nutrients. Their ratios will be changing during differant stages of plant growth. hence feeding schedules
    http://foxfarmfertilizer.com/FoxFarm-Hydroponic-Schedule.pdf

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-marijuana-growing/93683-macro-micro-nute-management.html

5. [quote name='"zoomme"']Off topic, sorta. I tried dry ph down and it fkn sucked! That is all.[/quote]

Oh I love ph down and up in powders it's very concentrated and need to be applied differentlyin smaller dowse till u get the dose right and last longer but liquid is cool also cost about the same.. I use natural ph up n down

6. It was unstable when I used it. I can use a cap full of liquid down and I'm 5.7-5.9

7. [quote name='"zoomme"']It was unstable when I used it. I can use a cap full of liquid down and I'm 5.7-5.9[/quote]

What do you mean by unstable. Like you would put it in then hat happened

8. [quote name='"xSpecialEDx"']

What do you mean by unstable. Like you would put it in then hat happened[/quote]

By unstable I mean, I would dissolve the dry ph down then add to the soup. Mix well, check the ph, it would be fine then within a few hours higher then 7. Fk that I'm sticking with my liquid ph down.

9. I use cheap generic dry hydroponic nutes with no additives and my plants are super healthy. Just dissolve in hot water first and let cool - and always go on the low side.

What amazes me here every day is how, with all of the data and toys, that people still persist in damaging or killing their plants by overdoing - and then wonder what went wrong.

10. [quote name='"zoomme"']

By unstable I mean, I would dissolve the dry ph down then add to the soup. Mix well, check the ph, it would be fine then within a few hours higher then 7. Fk that I'm sticking with my liquid ph down.[/quote]

Oh didn't know that it was Doug that to you