The real Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'General' started by tokinbud420, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Great responses guys, I agree with the dude who was talking about the difference between the history they teach us in school and the history that actually happened:laughing: I think everyone should know that their beloved turkey day is celebrated solely based on the killing of several hundred natives. Public education sure is a bitch, huh?

2. Omg guys you act like people are celebrating the history. People are celebrating the fact that they're with people they love and have things to be thankful for. I had nothing to do with what happened to the native Americans and I'm not gonna feel guilty on a day when we're supposed to give thanks for everything I have.

Obviously the genocide of native Americans was horrible, but why should I feel guilty?

I'm not celebrating that day in history, I'm celebrating my current life and what I have to appreciate. And Im sure 99% of people celebrating this holiday are the same way.

3. where did I say you should feel guilty?:laughing: I'm not saying to dwell on history, just be aware that the lies we're spoonfed are just that, lies.

4. [quote name='"tokinbud420"']
    where did I say you should feel guilty?:laughing: I'm not saying to dwell on history, just be aware that the lies we're spoonfed are just that, lies.[/quote]

When did I specifically direct my post at you? I didn't.. And I'm fully aware of what the real history is. But thanksgiving isn't celebrating the history, it's just a time to give thanks for what you have.. I guarantee most families don't even think about pilgrims or Indians when they're celebrating, theyre focused on what they have to be thankful for.

If people want to think about terrible things that happened hundreds of years before we were even alive, go for it. I had nothing to do with It, So to me theres no reason to Even Think about it. I'll be busy appreciating my family and smoking weed and eating turkey :)

Happy thanksgiving to anyone who celebrates what they have and doesn't focus on depressing things that happened 400 years ago. Time to eat!!

5. I dont know whats school you guys went to. But when i was a youngin, My history teacher tought me and every other child that columbus and the europeans slaughtered the indians, They never told me that columbus was savior and yada yada.

Btw idgaf what happened years ago. I had nothing to do with it and theres nothing i could have done to stop it. Plus i love dark meat.

TL;DR Fuck bitches, Eat turkey.

6. [quote name='"ArtilleryShell4"']I dont know whats school you guys went to. But when i was a youngin, My history teacher tought me and every other child that columbus and the europeans slaughtered the indians, They never told me that columbus was savior and yada yada.

Btw idgaf what happened years ago. I had nothing to do with it and theres nothing i could have done to stop it. Plus i love dark meat.

TL;DR Fuck bitches, Eat turkey.[/quote]

Word !

7. The fictional story of 'the first thanks giving' is the lie that is being dealt with today.

8. [quote name='"Judgement"']The fictional story of 'the first thanks giving' is the lie that is being dealt with today.[/quote]

My first grade teacher told us the nice story, then told us what actually happened. The nice happy story is to teach the purpose of thanksgiving and give it an origin, and nothing more IMO

9. Well props to your 1st grade teacher for teaching you the colonist burnt a village to the ground then burnt alive, cut to pieces raped and murdered hundred of Native men women and children. It is rare that things like that are taught in the government indoctrination center in the US, and it surely doesn't make it into the text books.

10. [​IMG]

11. i looked on their page and didn't see this. but cool, thanks for sharing.

12. That time of the year again, bump so people can read:)

13. i dont see this on their newsfeed i was going to repost it. i always tell people we're celebrating the slaughter of native americans on thanksgiving. i learned it in school even.\

edit: nvm i realized this thread is about a year old that's why im not seeing it on their wall

14. #35 DDV, Nov 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2012
    Thanks for the bump, this is a story more people should read, not just skip over and ignore :)

15. haha my bad man. I was going through the threads I started and saw this and remembered it so I figured it's thanksgiving again, bump :smoke:

No problem. I agree as well. I don't think people should delve or live in the past but learn from it.

16. Regardless of the true events i use this holiday as a way of thanks to the universe that gives me the ability to be here, eating food from the land.

The real events are a sad tragedy but thats the white man for you. I thank the native americans because they're part of our culture, and are responsible for much of our agricultural knowledge.

Enjoy your day.