Does weed put holes in your brain?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by OuTLaW1986, Nov 23, 2011.

1. You have got to be kidding me, we are basically playing russian roulette then with weed. How am I even going to know if my weed is properly flushed or not? Most people just buy dank weed and thats that also people who sell weed, weed comes from sources after sources after sources so how would we know? Can you tell me how I would know if my weed is properly flushed or not?

2. [quote name='"OuTLaW1986"']

OK maybe not holes in your brain if you're claiming we would be dead? But indeed these chemicals must do some type of damage to our brains. How many of us say we get massive headaches after smoking sometimes? Shit I know I do and no it's not because I'm not properly hydrated because I make sure to drink a shit load of water[/quote]

Well almost everyone complaining if headaches, is getting them from, stems, mids, and schawg. Not dank.
    But if your bud was flushed well, theres nothing to put holes in your brain. But even if it was full of ferts, I don't think the effects would be that severe.

3. Have you not read the entire thread there are people who are saying if your weed isn't properly flushed then there are still chemicals in your weed which are dangerous, I don't know about you but I care about my health and to me this is a big concern...

4. [quote name='"OuTLaW1986"']

Have you not read the entire thread there are people who are saying if your weed isn't properly flushed then there are still chemicals in your weed which are dangerous, I don't know about you but I care about my health and to me this is a big concern...[/quote]

Yes I have read the entire thread, and you're the only one who doesn't understand

5. Multiple sclerosis puts lesions (holes) in your brain, yet it is the condition most recommeded for medical marijuana use after cancer. Now would that be true if marijuana worsened the disease, as in causing more or worse holes?

6. It is unlikely that weed, even grown under non-organic conditions, would do any damage to your brain.

If it were sprayed with pesticides, that is a whole 'nother story! :(

Far from destroying your brain, cannabis actually creates new brain cells! :eek:

Cannabinoids promote hippocampus neurogenesis and produce anxiolytic- and antidepressant-like effects
    (full - 2005) \tJCI - Cannabinoids promote embryonic and adult hippocampus neurogenesis and produce anxiolytic- and antidepressant-like effects

High-dose cannabis stimulates growth of brain cells in rats (news – 2005)
    High-dose cannabis stimulates growth of brain cells in rats - Health News - Health & Families - The Independent

Good News For The Medical Marijuana Movement: Pot Proliferates Brain Cells And Boosts Mood
    (news - 2005) Good News For The Medical Marijuana Movement: Pot Proliferates Brain Cells And Boosts Mood

Marijuana might cause new cell growth in the brain (news – 2005)
    Marijuana might cause new cell growth in the brain - health - 13 October 2005 - New Scientist

Give your friend some printouts of those! Better yet, click that first link in my sig, sit him down and tell him "READ!" :devious:

Granny:wave:

7. #27 Oceanic, Nov 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2011
    The only thing that causes holes in you're brain is physical trauma.. like if I were to hit you in the head with my bong.

And to add, I don't get headaches from smoking weed. Also, our bodies are amazing organisms that are very good at keeping us healthy, even when our bodies are put to the test. Smoking anything isn't that great for you, so if you are really that health conscious maybe you should stop smoking pot.

8. Granny is a fucking badass!

9. if weed put holes in your brain, people that have been smoking all their lives would be retarded. i know way too many long term smokers to believe this for a second. not only do plants get flushed, but a lot of growers pride in growing completely organic, especially if you can buy from a club.

10. lol it doesnt put holes in your brain, i think youll be ok.

Attached Files:

11. Yo the number one way to tell how flushed the plant is, is by harshness of smoke, or by taste. Every grower will tell u an improper (sp?) flush will leave the plant with a very nasty taste

12. so weed itself is safe, but you're saying if "weed was sprayed with pesticides its a whole nother story", like its a common procedure?

13. #33 Storm Crow, Nov 23, 2011
    Spraying with pesticides happens sometimes, but only brain-dead stupid growers risk it! Many modern insecticides are 1st cousins to nerve poisons and have NO place in growing cannabis!

If you have pests, using a simple, old fashioned remedy like insecticidal soap* is preferable.

Interestingly, cannabis seems to lessen the bad effects of some organophosphate insecticides, but it still is bad!
    Modulation of paraoxon toxicity by the cannabinoid receptor agonist WIN 55,212-2.
    (abst – 2006) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16956707

WIN and THC work the same way in the body.

Also, most of those ferts can be removed by "water curing"! (Run a search) It's a good way to take care of "nasty-tasting" pot.

*http://www.associatedcontent.com/ar...t_rid_of_spider_mites_on_houseplants_pg2.html

14. [quote name='"OuTLaW1986"']

so weed itself is safe, but you're saying if "weed was sprayed with pesticides its a whole nother story", like its a common procedure?[/quote]

Its a common practice to know what you should and should not be treating your plant with, and when.

If someone grows a plant intended to be smoked and uses a toxic pesticide to treat an issue and doesn't take measures to fix it, its still not weed that is dangerous

If someone poisons a chicken, are chickens deadly? If someone eats beef that was poorly butchered and had e-coli on it from fecal contamination, are cows dangerous?

See where I'm going

15. This thread is bonkers.

16. Please don't try to explain this in a simple, rational way, op won't ever be convinced.

17. I understand weed itself is safe, but the chemicals used to grow it and the possibility of having pesticides in your weed? How dangerous is this for our health is my question. Most of us just smoke the shit and don't even look for these things..

18. #38 BurnAFewDown, Nov 23, 2011
    Bahahhahah ignorant people are soooo funny

[quote name='"OuTLaW1986"']wow a lot of uncertain people here, and you guys are trusting your life with this shit? Smoking weed every single day and not thinking there could be consequences? So why do I see all over grasscity people praising weed like its so safe? We need to cut the bullshit and see weed for what it really is, I mean after all a lot of people on here don't even smoke cigarettes and only smoke weed because they think the only side effect is the "munchies" not knowing that they are slowly killing themselves...

Also not all weed is properly flushed correctly I'm assuming, so that means we all are doing some type of damage to our brains...[/quote]

Slowly killing ourselves? Then why is it sold as a medicine? You know aspirin is more dangerous than weed right? You guna stop taking that cuz it's killing you?

[quote name='"OuTLaW1986"']Now I'm a troll? LMFAO don't get me wrong I love weed as much as the next guy, but can any of you guys prove me wrong? There are chemicals used to grow dank weed and how safe are these chemicals can anyone answer that?[/quote]

Not all weed uses chemicals..... Many people grow it naturally, like me and my friend. So how is that killing me? Even when chemicals are used, they get flushed out. Unless your smoking Mexican brick weed....

19. [quote name='"OuTLaW1986"']

I understand weed itself is safe, but the chemicals used to grow it and the possibility of having pesticides in your weed? How dangerous is this for our health is my question. Most of us just smoke the shit and don't even look for these things..[/quote]

Know a grower, or grow your self.

Otherwise you have to smoke atleast a hit of it to know lol...

I can tell immediately if something is wrong with the bud I'm smoking... because its different in ways it shouldn't be lol

20. Well nothing bad has happened yet, so I'm pretty sure we'll be good.