Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it good to keep weed in the cold?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Havok Se7en, Nov 6, 2011.

1. I've been keeping my bud out in my patio closet, which has no heating or anything, so my glass and metal grinder always feel cold to the touch. Does this negatively affect my bud? I store them in medicinal "pill bottles".

2. naw it will be fine...you can freeze bud if you want

3. I know people who keep their stash in the fridge. Say it keeps it fresher, like any other herb. Makes sense.

4. Yeah itll keep it fresh and funky

5. I vacuum pack my main stash in separate 1/2 pt. mason jars and put them in the fridge. When I crack open my last one, I go and stock up again.

6. Ive known people to freeze it

7. Depending how cold it gets (and how fast the temps change from high to low) I'd be more worried about your glass. :)

8. I thought cold weather was bad for plants. I've heard freezing it cracks the structure of the plant.

9. You're talking about when the weed is growing. Weed, just like lettuce, can be frozen or chilled with no harm done.

10. cool dark place...not a fridge or freezer