Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New to this forum! Marijuana mental illness, (paranoia, anxiety etc) and alcohol :d

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by RT Therapist, Nov 1, 2011.

1. People always say that weed causes mental problems like anxiety, psychosis and paranoia etc... But I've also heard that it depends on the person, so if your someone that is a slight paranoid thinker, when thc binds to your canaboid receptors, it will act like a key, so if your using the section of your brain that makes you paranoid, the thc will digg deeper and make your more paranoid, is that right? What confused me too is the fact that people with anxiety smoke indica strains to make their anxiety levels lower, but It confused me, because my understanding was, weed applifies however your feeling, so if your already anxious wouldn't you be more anxious? so my question is, does the high levels of CBD from the indica strains make you physically relaxed, so then you start to use the happy part of your brain? hahaha I'm sorry if I'm sounding annoying, Also I've had a rough past way before I started smokin weed at 15 and when I started smokin weed, I started noticing my social anxiety, (which I believe was already there, but because I used the anxious side of my brain I became more anxious) anyway, I'm now 18 and just started smokin weed again, but since the 3rd of October, I've been doing this meditation exercise, I think it's mindfullness and I've noticed I've got control over my thought patterns now and when I smoke weed I'm super happy... strange huh? What do you people think of people who say, weed ruined there life and made them mentally ill? I always tell my friends that weed doesn't cause problems, it's OUR OWN brain that causes problems, but they always come back with, 'Alcohol doesn't cause car crashes and anxiety, that's just your brain choosing to do that. So what's the difference between mental problems from weed vs alcohol? Does weed just open your mind and WE OURSELVES create issues? and does alcohol actually DAMAGE our brain CAUSING these problems? I've never seen any research on this and I don't know the correct thing to type to find this research.

2. Hey we all pee on the side of the toilet to make less noise, right?

3. what? hahaha

4. [quote name='"MesKiDcudi"']Hey we all pee on the side of the toilet to make less noise, right?[/quote]

Hahahahaha

5. Lol, Well played.

6. [quote name='"MesKiDcudi"']Hey we all pee on the side of the toilet to make less noise, right?[/quote]

Haha I just read this super high and nearly pissed myself laughing. I'm sooo lame.

7. this is just a jumbled rambling. How what is it?

8. paragraphs / 10

9. #9 weedidas, Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2011
    But seriously. I got anxiety after haveing several panic attacks from bad highs. I don't fully blame the weed, because it wasn't chemically induced, it was psychological. I had an illogical fear that weed would harm me so I became afraid of it, and then afraid of other things as my general anxiety increased over time. That started 2 years ago, I've also gotten rid of my general anxiety and panic attacks now but I still won't smoke because I also have a heart condition.

CBD doesnt just relax you, causing your mind to relax, it changes how THC effects your brain, makes it less psychoactive, which is why it has anti anxiety effects. It triggers anxiety in some people, and relieve it in others. Just google stuff like cannabis anxiety, cannabis anti anxiety, cbd cannabis anxiety, antianxiety effects cannabis

Theres a lot of people who get anxiety after it though.
    http://www.steadyhealth.com/panic_attacks_caused_by_marijuana-t89738-0-asc-0.html
    http://www.steadyhealth.com/Marijuana_caused_panic_attacks_t183890.html

10. weed doesn't make you stupid, you're stupid if weed makes you stupid. On the other hand alcohol actually kills brain cells, I think :p. And only noobs get paranoid and anxious while they're high... it's the stupid argument that's used over and over again against weed, coz pussies complain it's making them anxious and paranoid...

And seriously, all that social anxiety and shit is just a placebo by your brain, it's self fullfilling prophecy. You need to man the fuck up and chill the fuck out,.

11. cannabis does not directly CAUSE mental illness whatsoever.

all mental illness issues boil down to a combination of biological, psychological and social factors.

schizophrenia, for example, has been closely linked to cannabis use in the past but recent studies suggest that rather than causing the illness, as previously thought, it only speedens the onset in those that already possess a genetic predisposition.

so if you have the schizphrenic gene, using cannabis will bring out the illness three years (on average) earlier than it would surface without cannabis.

i know this is only one example but i hope it clears a few things up for you.

happy toking :bongin:

12. Just to add a note to your post, bazo - schizophrenia is extremely rare.. a lot of cases that seem similar are usually diagnosed as something completely different..

with that said, to the OP - I suffer from anxiety and that's actually partially the reason why I got my medical rec... some strains of weed will exacerbate it while others help calm it. It is totally dependent upon the strain.

13. RT, see that first link in my sig? Click it! I have gathered the research you need. :D

And if you like what you find here at GC, look at the bottom of my sig and send me an email! I'll send you back a PDF of the BIG List. It is even more mind-blowing! :eek:

Welcome to GC! :gc_rocks:

Granny :wave: