76 & Living on Oxygen Tank Arrested for Murder

Discussion in 'General' started by pearl75, Oct 23, 2011.

1. And I agree with you. I have a feeling she won't end up serving any time.

And most of you probably won't believe me, but in 10 years or less I see a large portion of the elderly prison population being released.

Whenever it happens just remember you read this post. :D

2. Well apperantly they didn't give enough of a fuck to find her when she did it, some dick detective or something probably got bored and pulled up the case.
    Hope that motherfucker feels like a big man now... Putting a 76 year old in prison..

Hope he had on his big boy pants

3. She is a 76 year old who killed someone by throwing hot grease on them.

Once again, she is a murderer. Just because she is old doesn't mean she shouldn't get whats coming to her.

If you were the family of the man, you would feel completely different.

4. hot grease.. fucking ouch

5. ""She must be given the death penalty to show her that killings wrong, she's a threat to society still.""

That's probably what the cops are going to say/Judge, frankly i don't know what to think, i don't think she should be given the death penalty but she ended a life therefore she should be punished in some respect. :confused_2:

6. I've seen the damage of hot grease first hand, shit is no joke.

My dad one time was making fries, he put on the grease to get it hot and fell asleep. He woke up to smoke, some flames and grabbed the pan the grease was in and took it outside to throw it into the grass. Right when he did it a gust of wind blew it back onto him.

He was burned badly on parts of his body. I can only imagine what she did to where it killed the man.

7. Prosecutors: 4-decade case of woman accused of murdering husband with hot grease has obstacles - The Washington Post

She was arrested years ago for the murder, but somehow made bail? Either way, she ran for 40+ years.. It was probably one of those relationships where they are both going at each other, she hits him with something, he hits her. Til one day she throws some boiling grease on him and have him slowly die..

Her husband probably feared her just as much as she feared him and their last fight was probably over something stupid that she blew out of control. He was probably sitting at the table yelling at her to hurry up with the fried taters, both a few beers down, he just picked the wrong moment to say the wrong thing and *splasssssssssssiiiiiiiiiizzzzzzzzzzlllllllllleeeeeeee*

If she did do it out of spite and not for self defense, she should be tried and punished fittingly. You let a woman go because they're 76, you'll have to ask yourself where the line will be drawn..

8. this is very true

9. If trials are good enough for aged war criminals, like the 88yr old convicted SS murderer in the story below; then they are good enough for a 76 year old woman.

BBC News - Former Nazi SS member convicted of Dutch murders

And, its not just the fact that she is accused of murder; she skipped her bail. I'm sorry, but innocent people don't, generally, run...

Let her have the day in court that is long overdue.

10. To those of you who are saying things like this woman should have left her husband if he was abusive, you need to remember that this is 2011, and that incident took place over 40 years ago. Domestic violence laws were nearly non-existent then. Police didn't interfere with matters between family. Most battered women were forced to stay with their oppressive husbands, and "deal" with their situation with silent dignity to maintain the sanctity of the home.

I'm not saying this woman should be above the law because of her age, or because she's a woman. On the other hand, this case is, as I already mentioned, more than 40 years old. Most potential witnesses are probably dead. Any evidence collected is probably lost, or not worth submitting to a court. How will she get a fair trial now?

11. Agreed on the first part...

Surely, however, the D.A. wouldn't put forward a case from in the Cold Case file if they didn't think there was some possibility of a prosecution? There must be some form of evidence, or something for them to risk the cost of the case...

12. If you ask me, and this is just me, they risk the cost of the case in order to keep their jails and prisons full. They have to keep the jails and prisons full to justify all the money they get. That's why they go after so many pot smokers, too.

13. You clearly know nothing about crazy bitches. They shouldn't be pouring hot grease on anyone's face!

14. When did I say she should have poured hot grease on him?