Jerome Baker pieces

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by ClMason, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Hi Guys,

I saw a bong on an old episode of 6 Feet Under and thought to myself that it looked my Jerome Baker that has been sitting my garage in it's original box for about 5 years.

I googled Jerome Baker and was surprised to discovered they are out of business and the pieces are now collectable!

I was curious what the community here thinks. Are they indeed collectable? Is there a general price guide by style? (I'm not selling but interested in value).

Also, does having the original branded and signed box with hand written description add to value?

Thanks for your input all!

2. They are indeed collectable, but i wouldn't say they should have sky rocketed in value, maybe gone up some, but mostly just held their value. Could be wrong, someone with BM account would know beter.

If you re looking to sell PM me, Ive been wanting to add one to my glass collection.

3. #3 DDV, Oct 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2011
    holy fuck I just googled Jerome Baker and the pieces are beautiful. Where can i get my hands on one?

edit:

I mean just look at this:
    [​IMG]

4. Don't know much about the originals, but apparently the "Jerome Baker," name has now been sold, and new ones are sometimes found on the market, though not at all like the old ones.

Would you mind uploading pictures of yours?

5. Yeah they no longer sell them, but I will hunt down an original because I think I'm in love with his bongs.

6. The original "JBD" went down in Operation: Pipe Dreams alongside Chong Glass...
    The former owner of JBD now owns & operates Trident Glass out of Hawaii.
    How do I know all this? I bought a "new line" JBD and started doing some research. Here's a pic of a "new line" JBD, not made by the same people, not of the same quality. But still a great tube :smoke:
    [​IMG]

7. By the way, original JBDs are now going for $400+ for the standard worked tubes, and up to $700-$1000 for the Motherships. Good luck finding them, friends.

8. I'm pretty sure mine is a legit jbd, it's ti signed on the beaker and about four years old. Great quality on the reinforced trees.

Attached Files:

9. Would you be willing to pay that much for one of his original tubes? this is directed at ddoublevision

10. [quote name='"bmorebuddhabro"']

Would you be willing to pay that much for one of his original tubes? this is directed at ddoublevision[/quote]

Definitely yes. If I had that kind of money..

11. [quote name='"ddoublevision"']

Definitely yes. If I had that kind of money..[/quote]

That's a no..

12. [quote name='"percul8r615"']

That's a no..[/quote]

Haha well I mean I don't see that as being too expensive for such a beautiful collectable piece. I would buy it, but I'm broke as a joke right now.

13. I might be able to hook you up with one if you have the cash, got a potential seller I know. I'll look into it more. Pm me if you're interested

14. Is it a standard or a mothership bmore? PM me pics. Im a collector and if its something i like i would have no problem paying a price that both me and the seller would be happy with.

15. oh dear hahaha i know this thread is pretty old but i just want to say my friend has an authentic JBD from 1995 and god damn that motherfucker hits fit for a GOD!

16. Hey everyone...I'm new on here and have a Jerome Baker that I bought around 2000. I don't have the box anymore and it's not signed or stamped anywhere. It looks alot like his pieces just a little bit more plain. (I bought it for $250 back in the day.) I heard that not all of his pieces are stamped...can anyone confirm if that's true or not? I'd like to authenticate it and then sell it....

17. i had a super nice JBG that i got from a Local glass shop for $80. 15" 5mm glass with an 18.8mm joint and ice pinch. was my buddy and mine first bong. we named it earl

some stupid shit happened and the cops took it while i was on vacation :(

18. #18 WhoDis, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2012
    More pics of old school JBD glass!

Picked this up ~2000, crazy to think I have had it around 12 years now. Still my main piece after all this time.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sexy bong WhoDis

20. I do live in Hawaii / I dont own Trident and never have - they are old employees who still do a similar style of work and they sell to my old customers - Their quality is not what the Jerome Quality was -
    At this point I am producing an incredible Art Based B2B show called Connoisseur Kulture
    check it out at
    CONNOISSEUR KULTURE | INNOVATIVE ~ FORWARD THINKING ~ HIGH END