The Official Ncaa Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Tuor, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Damn, am I the only UK basketball fan on here?

2. Cant wait til' the Duke vs. MD game. My sister goes to MD she always give me her tickets. :hello:

3. whoa - you weren't kidding. What ever happened to the Chief?

4. Just witnessed God's Gift get a clutch blocked shot in the final seconds of the SJ - Lehigh game.

lol - that name is actually pretty awesome. Especially if you are a sportscaster that gets to yell it when he does something exciting.

5. lol St John's is making an early habit of coming back on teams they should've put away in the 1st half. But eh, it's a young team, and at least they're finding ways to win. Exceptionally early still.

Was quite surprised when I read up on the 2012 recruits that just signed on. I knew a few months ago that Sam Dekker, a 6'8" forward, was the only guy Bo had locked up for this class so far. What I didn't know was that in the time since I first heard his name as a marginal top 100 recruit, he's absolutely rocketed up recruiting services' boards, and Rivals now lists him as the 18th best prospect in the nation.

Fuck yeah, Bo Ryan! Just hope he delivers on his ranking a bit better than our last 5-star white boy on the wing, Krabbenhoft :laughing:

6. Is that Patric Young? He should be a big force this year, his per-minute rebounding and shot-blocking numbers last year were real good. His offensive game needs a bunch of work from what I saw but now they have so many guards who can score that he should get a bunch of easy looks near the bucket if they can get him the ball.

Explain to me, if you can, why Erik Murphy is still on the team? Wasn't he one of the guys on that police tape talking about how he just beat up and robbed some guy? I remember bits and pieces of that recording and just remember thinking 'holy fuck, those guys are never going to play NCAA hoops again'

Guess I forgot that the NCAA will let you get away with anything, even child molestation, if it means wins and dollars :rolleyes:

7. Watching the Duke/Belmont game right now. I haven't seen ANY games since the nba finals. Feels good man.

8. Gonna watch Uconn tonight. How terrible is Wagner?

9. Gonna be a couple real good days of college hoops. Wazzou/Zaga tonight at midnight after Monday Night Football, and tomorrow there's like 4 games between ranked teams.

The season has begun, folks :cool:

10. Lamb is a motherfuckin boss

11. I think it was breaking into a car, not a beat down. IIRC, they failed and were caught in the act. The audio was the part that showed almost no remorse. I don't know how dude is on the team to be honest.

He was suspended for 5 months before being reinstated. I know they have Chris Herren mentoring him, so perhaps he really did turn it around. Either way, I expect Billy to limit playing time in the first few games.

12. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OfiCpnmc-A]The Lamb Shake - YouTube[/ame]

13. #54 Tuor, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2011
    I'm thinking that it's possible that Lamb lacks a spine. That's not like a politician lacking a spine, but like a cat lacking a spine: they can just do freaky athletic things that many other species just can't do.

So far Zaga/Wazzou has gone pretty much the way I'd expected. Zaga is young in the backcourt but they know how to play. Got some good shooters among their youngsters. Kevin Pangos was a 3-star recruit :laughing: Dude is balling out of his mind right now, 21 and 5 assists early in the 2nd half..already canned seven 3's

Mark Few should coach in the Big 10 - he brings in these kids that everyone else says know how to play but just aren't that impressive, and then lo! and behold they turn into 4-year productive winners, where more highly-regarded recruits prove that they don't know how to play, just dunk, and flame out. Sacre isn't all that refined but he knows what to do when his guards get him the ball in the paint - go strong to the rim. Funny how bigger, burly-er guys don't realise that simple aspect of being a productive post player. Elias Harris is a different story - he could play in any league in America. That dude is quite a player.

Wazzou has some talent. Moore, Aden and Motum can play. I worried that Aden would become a bit of a ballhog this year. With Klay Thompson last year, he was able to get open looks and knock them down, but now that he's their main scoring threat, he's looking to get his numbers. Need him to get his other guys looks, not put up bad shots in transition like he has a couple times tonight. He's got players who can help him. Motum has a diverse game, just needs to make his FTs

The game I wanted most to see tonight is NIU/St Mary's. Those are two teams that play the right way, make smart passes, defend, don't beat themselves. Koch and James could be the next big thing in Cedar Rapids. Only thing NIU doesn't have is a true 1 guard. They've needed one for awhile now to put them over the top. They could've done more than just upend Kansas the other year if only they had someone to distribute the ball to the other guys. Ahelegbe wasn't a true 1 either...hopefully Deon Mitchell can be the guy finally. They do have plenty of other guards like Sonnen and Moran who can handle the ball and make the smart play.

Fuckin' good night, blades. High as shit, Packers stomped on Minnesota, and there's college hoops on the tube as long as I'm able to stay up. This next bowl's a salute to anyone else who's up watching games with me :bongin:

14. Pangos just tied the Gonzaga record for 3's in a game

15. This fucking game :smoke:

16. Coach K going for 903 tonight!!!! Wish I was old enough to of seen all his games but Ive seen more than half of em!

17. Goto sleep to basketball and wake up to basketball

feelsgood

18. fuckin' right :devious:

NIU/St Mary's was a clunker, Panthers couldn't shoot to save their lives. Their games are usually ugly, but that was a nasty, pimply kind of ugly. Oh well, still enjoyed watching a live game at 2:30 am :laughing:

Belmont gave Memphis a pretty good run there in the 2nd half but Memphis just has more talent. I love watching teams like them, though, that have three times more talent than the opponent and yet they still don't really know how to play. They just win because of their talent. Speaking of which, doesn't Kentucky play later tonight?

[​IMG]

Baylor/SDSU has been a close game, not real pretty but close. Aztecs lost all their bigs from last year, Baylor has no guards. Weird matchup :smoke:

19. Didnt even realize that Ohio State and Florida play tonight. That should be a great one!