The Official Ncaa Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Tuor, Oct 21, 2011.

1. fuck yeah :D

But so far as Roy Williams goes, it's more than just that. Between Roy and Wisconsin, the feud is bitter and personal, because Williams has inexplicably gone out of his way to make it bitter and personal.

It began back in 2000 when UW made a miracle run to the Final Four, and Roy's own Heels made an improbable run of their own. Both teams were 8 seeds. Yet Roy went off on tangents in a couple different press conferences to bash Wisconsin as being 'unworthy' of getting that far. According to him, we just play such boring ball that we should be barred from achieving on his level, whether we earn our place or no. He's like a guy at some golf country club who sees a scruffy teen or a person of another race out on the course and starts griping that they 'don't belong'

And he's kept it up ever since. Going out of your way to bash a team that has no rivalry with you, that's half the country away....wha? Roy's just an elitist prick, and Wisconsin fans aren't the only ones who realise that fact. Ask Delvon Roe about how Williams trashed him personally in his book after Roe picked Izzo and MSU instead of Roy. Ask the fans Roy's gotten booted out of the arena for singing and trying to make a Heels player miss a FT shot. Ask opposing coaches who Roy treats like car-wash employees.

I have to think that Roy Williams is the type of human that even a Tar Heel fan would not like if they met him on the street and needed help fixing a flat tire or something. He's a pompous dickhead, I don't know how else to put it.

But now he finally scheduled the Badgers, in Chapel Hill, when he's got his best team ever, so he can curbstomp Bucky and assert his dominance over us once and for all. You know damn well he would be scared out of his wits to come up to Madison and play. To get beat by a team that he's obviously so vastly superior to? That could not be tolerated for a man like Roy Williams.

Excuse that long response, but yeah, Roy has no friends in this corner of the world. Fuck him :devious:

2. The ACC won 5 of the last 11 national championships. Plus we will be dominant when we get syracuse and pitt. Fuck UNC though...

NC state just got tj warren, the number 23 player in the nation. He went to my high school, all though I dont like state I hope he does well.

3. Were too deep this year

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIjkiWzLusc]Duke Men's Basketball vs. Bellarmine - Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

4. :laughing:

Don't hold your breath. You guys are just lucky we finally let you win a couple Challenges. But your little run ends this year.

5. might get uconn too. at least i heard that when the story first broke. not sure about it now.

6. ^Yeah, I heard that too... they might get Rutgers also to corner the New York market and expand to 16 teams in football, becoming the first super-conference.

Either way, we will continue to dominate in basketball... but soon enough the ACC might be considered a football conference. :D

Welcome to the ACC. :wave:

7. as a syracuse fan i see it as a lateral move in basketball. as of right now i think the big east is better than the acc in basketball but when pitt and SU and possibly uconn join the acc, i think that gives the acc the edge over the big east.

i dont think the acc is a great football conference but its deff a step up for syracuse so thats good.

all in all, im disappointed about leaving behind all the tradition of big east basketball but it had to be done for the future of SU sports.

8. Jardine needs to cut down on his t/o's but he's probably one of the 5 best PGs in the country. I don't particularly like Cuse, but nothing really against them either. Boeheim's kind of a tool I suppose, but lots of coaches are :laughing: Melo really has no reason not to deliver on all that potential this year. He's going to get a ton of great looks from in close and he's got to stay on the floor and take advantage of opposing players who will be more concerned with Triche and Joseph. What are you thinking you'll get from CJ Fair? He gonna be a double digit scorer this year?

As I've said before, I don't really mind the ACC beating its chest about hoops. The B1G isn't the best league in any sport, but it's the most consistent of all leagues in the nation. And as we've seen for better than a decade now, we're not afraid to play 'the best' every single year. So I'm hoping for an entertaining Challenge, like it usually is. Can't wait for the real games to start next week.

9. boehiem is a great coach, not sure why you label him as a tool. he knows his shit and knows how to handle his team. he sounds like a jack off during interviews but thats because he always lets his team know they need to keep working on things no matter how well they just played.

jardine is ok, he gets a lot of assists but you dont watch him and say "damn that guy is a good point guard". he is good but inconsistent and does dumb shit. i could care less for him really.

melo wasnt even the best center for SU last year. Kieta is a better defender and rebounder but has no offensive game. Melo needs to just get on the court and stay there, that would be a step forward.

cj fair is a smooth young player. he should be a good one. idk about double digits with joseph, jardine, triche, waiters and others that can score, but he will be a solid player no doubt. i like his potential.

im hoping rakeem christmas can deliever this year as well. behind melo and keita we have no big men.

10. When Pitt & Syracuse decided to leave the BIG East, I didnt give it much thought with it being football season and all, but watching the Orangemen play the conference tourney in the GARDEN will definetly be missed.

11. U of K fan here, good freshman class, I am willing to bet Terrence Jones will be one of the best players in the country, I'm glad he didn't decide to enter the draft. Hopefully some of these freshmen will stick around so we can get our 8th ncaa championship title

12. Tool might have been harsh. Boeheim has had tremendous success, I just dunno what it is about him. Not my favourite guy but not a bad guy. Certainly not as bad a guy as that Calipari guy in Kentucky... ;)

*slips on flame suit and awaits UK fan's reaction* :laughing:

Surprised you don't speak more highly of Jardine. Maybe I don't see him that consistently but he's generally very good when I've seen him. Is Rakim Christmas related to Deonte Christmas from Temple? I wish I had a last name that badass

13. haha i havent seen anything that says they are related but im guessing they are. they are both from philly, both play basketball and thats a pretty rare last name.

jardine is solid. last year his fg % went down to 41% after it was at 46 and 48 percent the years before. 3pt and free throw percentages all went down last year. he averaged about 6 assists but also about 3 turnovers too. i just have mixed feelings about him. i think he tries to do too much and it leads to inconsistency and bone head plays. if he can play smart and pick his spots, id deff say he could be a top pg.

kris joseph needs to step up too. he is very good at getting to the rim but he decides to go with a jumpshot a lil too much for my liking. he should average more than 14 ppg IMO.

14. Mitch Mcgary just committed to Michigan. #3 player on Rivals for his class, #2 on ESPN. Our 2012 class looks pretty good. He spurned the Blue Devils for UofM, just FYI Perp.

15. Programs finally back it seems like.

Great day for Michigan.

16. Damn, nice get for Michigan. Why the fuck can't that happen to Bo Ryan once a decade? I suppose we had Brian Butch, but he wasn't a top 5 prospect. Damn. And what's more, Beilein has Glenn Robinson's kid coming in next year as well, he's a consensus top 40 national prospect, and some rail-skinny guard who's another 4-star commit. Fuck!

Now it remains to be seen whether Hardaway will stick around long enough for Michigan to develop a devastating team. If Burke can handle running the show, Hardaway and Robinson on the wing and Morgan/McGary up front would be a pretty awesome lineup.

17. Probably scared he might have to sit on the bench at Duke. ;)

18. One of my very favourite things about college hoops: the names :laughing: If there's one positive thing about there being 7 billion of us running about this planet, it's that there are some creative fucking parents :D

19. Chief Kickingstallionsims is a dope name I remember from a few years ago
    Farrakhan's grandson played at UVA last year too