1 lb. per plant

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ballrawg, Oct 17, 2011.

1. I have a 4x4 tent, I have all feminized seeds. What kind of light will I need to get 1lb per plant, I'm only grow 1 plant at a time.

2. Yield is a function of many things: light yes, but also genetics, proper grow conditions, ferts, root volume, training, length of veg period, etc etc.

Regardless, 1 lb per plant for an indoor grow, especially for someone who has to ask this question, is not realistic.

3. I agree with toastybiz and I will add that another factor is the density of your buds which is grow and genetics driven. If you click on my sig, scroll to the video of my last grow, that plant seems to be 1/2 lb or more but I netted 3.75 ounces because the buds were so fluffy. To get a pound from indoor grows, 1 plants is not the norm for sure.

4. I understand everything you are saying, but I have only grown outdoors and I always have gotten a lb. Per plant. Now I want a mother plant indoors and my clones outside. So in general, if everything was perfect conditions what size light would I need to grow 1 lb., of solid dense buds from 1 plant?

5. [quote name='"ballrawg"']I understand everything you are saying, but I have only grown outdoors and I always have gotten a lb. Per plant. Now I want a mother plant indoors and my clones outside. So in general, if everything was perfect conditions what size light would I need to grow 1 lb., of solid dense buds from 1 plant?[/quote]

Indoor? Not happening man.
    Id say get 5 1000 watt hps lights. Hang 4 up and down one on each side (front, back, left, right sides) and the 5th on top.
    Lots of mushroom fungi and molasses too.... good luck mang.
    Indoor is definitely not out door. All praise the sun god.

6. No, I think it's doable. 1000w MH and HPS, 2 months of vegging, and a HUGE container. I'm talking the biggest rubbermaid you can find, or bigger. The bigger the pot, the bigger the plant. You will need mucho training and topping, maybe a SCROG would work? But this only applies if you know what you're doing...

7. Yeah scrog would be the way to go. 4x4, scrog, big rubbermaid 13 gallon tote or something equally big for a pot, 1000 watt light could get you a pound from a plant, but I wouldn't try that.

What's the point in growing one plant long enough to get a pound from it? There isn't necessarily anything wrong with doing it, but you are putting all of your proverbial eggs in one basket, in this case one plant. Only reason I could see to do it was if there was some legal plant limitation of only one flowering plant at a time, but as far as I know no such limitation exists in any legal state.

8. It's doable, but I think you'd be way better of doing a sog. Work on cloning..imo this is the key to a productive smooth running indoor grow. Keep in mind that growing a plant indoors that can produce a pound is gonna be huge..with huge plants come more health issues and bugs are almost inevitable.

I don't really understand why someone would put all their 'eggs in one basket' so to speak with just one plant. Honestly I feel growing a one pound plant is more of a novelty or ego thing where people can say they did it...overall it's not a very efficient way of growing indoors.

I think with about a year's experience, a few harvests, and 100+ hours of reading you could do it under a 400w. Indoors and outdoors are completely different, neither is easier.

edit: lol laylow. we think alike. didn't see yer post.

9. Great minds my friend.. :smoke:

10. Not my thread, but man you guys do give out the best advice...love reading the threads and the replys...keep up the great work and I thank you...for the education you guys give....THANK YOU ALL...

11. Thanks everyone I appreciate it. I know it will be difficult but if I don't shoot for the stars I won't break the atmosphere. I will start small then move up.

12. [quote name='"Bongsauce"']

I think with about a year's experience, a few harvests, and 100+ hours of reading you could do it under a 400w. Indoors and outdoors are completely different, neither is easier.[/quote]

...really? 400w? i don't know man.

13. I think I'm gonna go with 2 400w lights, do you think that will be enough to yield 1lb with let's say 3-4 plants?

14. Either way, growing a plant of that magnitude would be a hard job. Have to have a lot of time, money, and patience. And most of all a passion. I hope you aren't trying to do that as an ego thing as stated earlier. No matter what strain she is or how much she produces, I always take as good of care of them as I can. And be grateful for the harvest she does produce. Just grow a plant man and be happy she produces bud at all! But I will for sure follow this and see what comes up. I feel like the scrog would work. Good luck fellow blade. :bongin: -D

15. 4 plants 5 gal pots, ok soil and nutrients under a 1000w MH/hps and you should easily be able to get a pound with less then half the veg time of trying to do a single plant.

But if you must do a single then def get as big of pot as you can, good soil and nurtients, scrog it, and veg for hella long. Also, call me crazy, but the grow store I go to has a 1,500w MH/HPS light, its like 216,000 lumens or some shit lol.

16. It can be done. You can do it.

17. This isby no means an ego thing. I just love to see the mama get freakishly huge. Now with the 4 plants do they have to be seeds, or do you think clones could produce a qp each

18. Either way.

I would go with clones so you have 4 genetically identical plants. Plus you skip the seedling stage.

19. So your saying 1 clone can produce a qp?

20. My last grow was 1 plant under 8 CFL bulbs totaling 202 watts, I did not top or anything, maybe a 2 gal or so pot, vegged for maybe 3-4 weeks and ended up with 3 oz. in the end.