Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Attempting the mango theory..

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Pedroo, Oct 14, 2011.

1. [quote name='"DemonicGman"']

Yeah that was a lot of information for one post broski.[/quote]

Yeah. It really is. Lmfao

2. Nice peice dude.

3. [quote name='"BR00DWICH"']Nice peice dude.[/quote]

Thanks man. It gets me ripped.. All my friends compare its volume of smoke to that of a steamrollers.

4. After reading a few of the previous posts in this thread, it seemed like folks could benefit from a little information ;)

5. tried it twice, didn't work

6. When mangoes were in stores when I lived I was getting way more stoney when I ate them. I experimented with times and and hour and 30 minutes worked the best (for me) as I felt more got digested in that time period.

What the fuck do I know and probably wrong. Either way keep tokin and happy Friday all :bongin:

7. Mangoes don't have huge quantities of myrcene; it varies and ripeness is also a factor.

If you regularly smoke cannabis that is either fresh or of high quality (in other words, not compressed, and severely lacking in its own naturally occurring terpenes) then mangoes alone, will not provide much of an increase in effect, where the level of myrcene and other terpenes already available in the cannabis are already elevated, and your body is well-accustom to their regular intake.

8. Exactly somone went the extra mile...:eek:

9. Thing about the mango theory is that if you factor in the cost of buying mangoes to get higher and then how much bud it would take to reach that same level of intoxication you might actually be losing money by using this method.

Also, wouldn't your body eventually develop some kind of resistance to the "effect" of doing this? Would it just get "used to it" and eventually you would feel less of a result?

It still seems like a really smart thing to do when coming back from a T-break...

10. Mmmhmmm, this is all true. As mentioned earlier, there are better, more potent, more cost-effective sources of myrcene and when your body becomes accustom to the high levels of myrcene already available in fresh and well-preserved cannabis, the effects from a simple mango, are negligible at best. :)

This is a 'trick' that works most noticeably, when you only have access to low quality, pressed or 'older' herb (lacking in myrcene, and other terpenes ultimately beneficial to the effect of our cannabinoids).

11. It is no theory dude :bongin:

12. Teach me master . . . :D

Are you in any way involved in the cannabis industry? Or do you just read a lot of books?

13. Lol, I was thinking fruit in general. I didn't know there was an actual "Mango Theory." At least part of the munchies is caused by low blood sugar, so eating some fruit before you get high can help curb that craving for sugar.

14. Think ill give it a try someday sounds intense... and delicious.