Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana as a hallucinogen

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by starfruit, Oct 10, 2011.

1. I was stoned once and stared at a pair of jeans and a shirt that were on the ground in a pile and I started to notice it would 'transform' into something else like a face and then a symbol.

Also, I had other experiences like that and can actually understand what the OP is talkin about.

Everyone that's saying you cant halucinate in any shape or form is just jealous and in complete disbelief.

2. Normally when I do hallucinate I see things move and throb all around me and I hear music in my head that I have no control over. I also see figures in the dark or in the corner of my eye

3. I'd say the closest you can get to hallucinations with weed is edibles, altho drugs affect everyone differently, so who knows... I never really hallucinate, I see things as they are, I just... percieve what I'm seeing differently? If that makes any sense. Personally, computer/phone screens look really odd to me if I'm absolutely ripped. Although I can recall one time in the dark when I first started smoking, I was sooo high, and I just stared at these lights for the longest time and I could have sworn they started changing (barely) into shapes. Like everyone else said tho, dark is the key component...

4. I promise as soon as you do a real hallucinogen, you'll forget you ever thought you tripped off of weed.

5. [quote name='"skunky monkey"']Cannabis isn't a hallucinogenic, it doesn't make you hallucinate, sometime's if your in a dark room it might make you see a shadow or something, but it does not make you hallucinate, that's called not being able to handle your weed. :smoke:[/quote]

Hahahahahahaha.
    "It might make you see a shadow or something"
    Bro a hallucination is when your eyes see something that in reality is not there.
    Making a shadow look like a human is a hallucination. The shadow doesn't move in real life, but to you it does. That means you just experienced a hallucination.

If you don't hallucinate with weed try taking some phenylalanine. It's found mainly in artificial sweeteners. It truly does make your high different. And it's not a "drug" it's fuckin fake sugar.

6. There's been so many threads on this. lol There's nothing to be debated anymore. It's pretty much all been said. lol Just run a search...

7. Glazed, agreed, but when I first started smoking... idk, I got pretty damn high and things seemed a bit off. Nothing like other hallucinogens tho...

8. i wouldnt say that weed has made me halucinate, but i do find that a low tolerance plus a very strong sativa will give me visual distortions, and sometimes my vision will look like it is extra 3d or my computer screen will look like it has actual depth to it

9. Lol you guys are very angry. If he saw it he saw it. You can't argue with him about what he saw. I got so high one time, the leaves in a tree formed a story. Still see it when I'm sober. Will update with pics soon.

10. haha hella funny. but it is hallucinogenic but again very mild and nothing like what TV makes of it. I learned this from my drug classes I had to take awhile back.

11. One time I was with my friend and I got so stoned I forgot his name and kinda kept calling him the someone else and was staring at him alot

12. I smoked A LOT of week in Sydney , several strains and I did not Hallucinate. Hallucinations on weed is just the placebo effect.

13. [quote name='"starfruit"']So the other night, me and my friend got REALLY fucked up. We were smoking the dankest shit, switching off between a bong, a vape, and a pipe, and we kept tokin for over an hour. After a while, I started to see things. I was texting some chick at the time, and the buttons on my phone kept floating up in the air and leaving glowing light trails. Then my friend kept materializing and disintegrating in and out of the darkness, and he looked like and old man sometimes, then a skeleton other times. Everything had strange hues and tints, and whenever I looked at something, it would look like there was nothing there, then it would form out of cloud vapor and then dematerialize when I looked away. Everything had a very odd floating 3 dimensional look to it. Also the line between my thoughts and reality became so blurred that I would see and hear things in my head then be unsure if it was real or not. (this has happened before, just not at such an extreme level)

I know weed can be a very weak hallucinogen, so I'm guessing that that's what this was....but just checking to see if this ever happens to you guys. If so, could I hear some stories? :smoke:[/quote]

I prefer the term psychedelic. Some guys can't get there with weed so you're one of the lucky ones! But yeah anyone who says its impossible is retarded.

I personally only get psychedelic thoughts with a enhancement of senses.

14. have you ever gotten to the point where the display on your cell is 3D. its amazing

15. So basically, you said it doesn't make you hallucinate, but then you acknowledge the fact that he did. So it can make you hallucinate.

16. I once dropped 8 tabs then smoked a bowl. Trpped pretty hard, from the acid. You can't hallucenate on weed.

Note:A hallucenation is see something that isn't there

17. You guys are so hung up on the word hallucination. Drugs do not make you hallucinate. Lack of sleep makes you hallucinate, lack of food or lack of water makes you hallucinate. Heat exhaustion makes you hallucinate. Drugs change your perception but they do not cause true hallucinations. Examples...

An example of a true hallucination.

Lets say you look up in the sky and you see a huge dragon coming at you.

This is a true hallucination because it has absolutely no ties to reality.

Now let's say you're high then look up at the sky and see a cloud shaped like a dragon and the cloud then shifts into a dragon and comes down upon you.

This is a distortion of reality, an altered perception made by your subconscious mind. This is not a hallucination.

18. Cannabis is a very weak psychedelic. And yes, it is possible to hallucinate under the influence of weed but its nothing like acid, more like random dots and lines of color, sort of a kaleidoscope. I was listening to music once and I was walking by some colorful houses smoking a doobie when all of the sudden, I started to see pink and yellow dots all around me, and they appeared with the beat of the music lol pretty trippy shit.

19. I have only smoked a few powerful sativias that where able to cause a small amount of visuals. I compare it to a low dose of apples.

20. Actually maybe if you took some kind of medicine awhile ago that had a unmentionable it in so i won't say it but after that gets mixed with thc you start to trip out like that

Of course ur shit was just laced though =o