Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

THC glycerin tincture

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by growl, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Hi,

This is my first post here and just would like to first off say hi :)

Anyway, I am in the process of making a glycerin tincture. I used about ~5 grams of weed in 2 fl oz of glycerin (I kinda guessed on the measurements from reading online). Basically, as much as I could mix in with the glycerin without it being too thick.

I put this very thick mixture in an amber bottle and let it sit for two days in a warm area while shaking it every few hours. I then put it in the crock pot on low (with water) for about 12 hours, shaking it when I remembered. I took it out after 12 hours (due to me living with my parents) and from what I can tell with the amber bottle effecting my view of the mixture, that all the weed is still green looking and the liquid is not amber (as I have seen pictures online). When I open the bottle, it does smell quite strongly, hopefully, that is a good sign :p

I have not tried this tincture yet and I would like to make sure I am doing this correctly. I messed up a bottle of green dragon and don't feel like dealing with that again and wasting weed!

I am primary going to use this tincture for my constant nausea associated with crohn's, gallbladder removal, and anxiety. I am experienced with smoking but looking for an alternative and this seemed like the best thing especially with the sweet tasting glycerin.

Has anyone has experience with this? I feel like there are a lot of recipes but no actual experiences...I am wondering if I should let it sit for like 2 weeks? I am not sure but I def am running low on the patience for this XP Any advice or opinion would be much appreciated :)