Anyone else here part of the Volkswagen family?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Mr_Bear, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Actually Mercedes builds the current C class in Bremen...which is Germany!

2. My parents have two passats that are junk......but fun to drive. From day one they have had nothing but stupid problems. I can't remember the yrs, 99 and 01 maybe.

3. haha... must be 1.8t's... garbage :) (my bro who is a mechanic gave me a bent valve from a 1.8t one day... :p) For now on im a vr6 guy...

4. Ive got an '03 20th anniversary GTi. VWoA is releasing the new R soon... AWD 2.0L Turbo. Should be a fun car to drive.

5. my cousin who lives in PA has a 98 mkIII golf vr6t at 350whp (10lbs) with a lsd. Fastest car i have ever been in, that shit was life changing. The limited slip just makes it hook up and go, its like a go kart. up in those curvy roads near where he lives in PA, its just brutal. Absolutely brutal. it just blew up last week, so its getting torn apart and rebuilt. those vr6's are amazing

6. at first i was pleased, now sad :(

7. he does well for his age, he has already torn into it so it shouldn't be out of the game too long. he blew a hole straight through the block i guess...

8. I like my mk4.

9. [​IMG]

Old job :)

Pretty nice for a transporter... 124mph was the maximum i got out of it and fun ride in the city as well... id even say the first two gears are a little bit too aggressive for a bus.

10. i love my mk4 jetta.

11. Hopefully getting out of my Mk3, and into a Mk1 1.6L Diesel Rabbit 4dr, 4spd. :D

12. Hell yeah dude I almost bought one of those rabbit pickups

13. And i looked in the new car and drive and the NEW mercs are ranked 6th on the reliability ratings after Lexus, honda, acura, mazda, and toyota. I usually just like any cars that are luxurious or fast, and they have to be an "import"

14. my brother rolls in a 08 rabbit, i'm reppin the other set of Vs, a Volvo ;)

love the design of his dash and the readability - not to mention the VW onboard computer is miles ahead of Volvos - but apart from that his 08 is already a rattle trap and my 03 Volvo S60 is nowhere near as bad as that. I'm actually selling my S60 soon and the VW CC is one of my options - has anyone had any experience with this? IS the lack of quality with regards to interior fittings/finishings just on the rabbit/lower end of the model spectrum or does this pervade their entire model lineup? This would be my main factor.

15. The CC has the BEST interior fitment and finish for its price group. it really is nice. i used to work at a dealership, and would sell loads, and also drive them all over. I spent a lot of time in them over a year period. They were fantastic. No complaints other than the jumpy initial accel with the DSG transmission. The '12 is fine now, actually its very good.

16. Mkv gti ! Love itt

17. selling the mk3 vr. time for a 2.0 :)

18. #39 DenserNug, Nov 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2011
    I bought a 95 Jetta GLS with 106k miles on it. I fuckin love driving it. It's totally stock with a bunch of new parts and a nice black paint job. Just put the snow tires on also, about 1000 miles on em. I love VWs an I really want to get a Golf gti or a Passat.

19. I was... as you can see..

:(

[​IMG]