Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

"QWISO" Grinder and Pipe resin "hash" Making

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by DMX, Sep 27, 2011.

1. It doesn't become hash. It's resin, just removed by the ISO.

2. I half agree with you, I am curios tho that when you pack a fresh bowl ,some of the trichs on the bottom could melt and fall to the bottom with the resin. Hmm I am so curious now...

3. Well if you think about it the biggest thing that could have been done to make the batches better. If you would've left the iso wash from the grinder on one plate, and the resin wash on another. That way you could have a ball of really nice green qwiso hash, and a ball of not as green but probably bigger resin qwiso. Also if you save your stems you can eventually get a pretty nice run my last was around 1.3g so that opens up your options a little too. :smoke:

4. I think this needs looking into a bit more....
    I can see both sides of the argument - yes, resin has a lot of tar, but it also has A LOT of cannabinoids (lets not forget that while THC is the *main* psychoactive component, it is certainly not the only!!)
    Anyone ever tried the synthetic THC Marinol by itself and be disappointed?
    What about using a vaporizer and saving the 'vaped' weed once it turns brown.... it can be smoked, although tastes weird, and get you really stoned... but it can also be used in baking - almost as strong as if it hadn't been vaporized at all. I dunno about you guys, but I think baking w/ bud results in a completely different high - not just longer because you digest it, but mostly a body high - and more being stoned than an intense head high.

So perhaps, THC having the MOST presence in weed doesn't mean it is the only *major* cannabinoid at work when we get high... I mean, think of the different feelings you get from all the different weed you've smoked/vaped/digested - especially the highs that were COMPLETELY different... if we are only focused on the THC - well, all of those feelings should be almost exactly the same, with the only difference being the strength... but we all know that is way far from the truth.

The fact is, resin - especially resin from a pipe that has been used to smoke ONLY kind bud - will get you EXTREMELY stoned, although in my opinion, whatever cannabinoids that create the 'high' are mostly used up, as I never get an intense 'high' from resin, only intensely 'stoned'... similar to how I can get VERY 'high' vaporizing weed until its light-med brown, and then if I smoke the brown leftovers later I will get VERY 'stoned'.

Also, we say that the THC is destroyed when burnt - I agree, however the THC being burnt at the top of a bowl, means the weed at the bottom is not being burnt, but heated and releasing vapor/resins. Further, some of the cannabinoids are either different and not destroyed when burnt, or possible can simply handle higher temperatures and have a better affinity for attaching to & then being stuck within the tar...

*perhaps* these are the same cannabinoids that are extremely soluble in fat, and why most 'bud butter' edibles result in a different feeling, more like being stoned - similar to the brown 'vaped' weed, and resin.

Also, when smoking brown vaped weed, there is no 'cornering' the bowl, or trying to avoid burning it - after all, its already been vaporized - so it will always cherry up like dried tobacco. Similarly, a ball of resin will usually not bubble like hash, but rather will cherry up like a coal, and burn its way across the ball, leaving only pure ash behind.

Now, of course this means you are smoking a lot of tar - but, if the resin is from GOOD weed, it WILL get you extremely stoned, and slightly high (possibly just from small pieces that fell through and got stuck in the resin, or from THC/cannabinoids responsible for a head high melting and falling into the bottom w/ the resin like Diesel Daddy suggested.

Of course, it seems silly to bother with resin when you have plenty of kind bud... but I'm sure it seems silly to bother with stems and leaves and shake...
    until the realization that you can save up these 'unwanted' scraps over time, and then extract the small amounts of cannabinoids from them and make bubble hash...

Now, recently my every-day pipe broke... one that I only smoke kind bud in, and never let people use to smoke mids, etc. I cleaned the bowl once, but I really don't like the 'odd' taste from a recently cleaned bowl that hasn't built up any resin yet (even when we clean it so good it looks new - there is still that nasty part of the resin taste sometimes, and even if the bowl is BRAND new, then you deal with small pieces flying in your mouth bc there is no resin to catch these little pieces (I grind all my bud up really good).
    So after cleaning it the first time, I never cleaned it again - it wasn't clogging up, so I figured I'd just keep using it til it got clogged - then i'd clean it.....

Well, instead it broke yesterday... frustrating, as I dont even know HOW it broke... anyways, the bowl broke STRAIGHT down the middle, both the outer bowl that you load, and the inner chamber of the bowl, split straight down the center, like an educational cut-away prop for anatomy of a pipe...
    The entire chamber of the bowl is FILLED with resin, like packed. Looking at it, I don't know how it wasn't clogged!!! the only air flow was going through a maze of small holes between the resin, like it was some sort of lava rock. A solid mass of resin, with enough tiny tunnels through it just enough to let air flow through - I can actually put the two sides of the bowl back together and the resin holds it together.

So now I have about 2-3 grams of resin from kind bud... and while it is crude and mostly tar - I know there is enough psychoactive cannabinoids within it to get me EXTREMELY high/stoned 20 times minimum...
    However, I'd LOVE to try and separate these cannabinoids from the carbon/tar crap..... I however the only thing people have looked into is the trichomes - and I'm not sure if the other cannabinoids are in the trichomes like most of the THC, or if some of the 'other' cannabinoids, like those left over after vaping, and those within the resin, are actually within the plant matter itself?

If anyone has any better ideas about making "hash", well of course it wouldn't be hash, but to separate these cannabinoids in a similar way to the methods for making hash - or possibly something to do with methods of making 'weed butter', like how the cannabinoids are fat soluble... I'd appreciate any ideas, and possibly in the future people would be saving up resin in order to extract the psychoactive cannabinoids trapped within :)

5. Holy shit you wrote a lot...

6. Dood im deff doing that shit. I like to hitt res, gets me pretty lifted haha anyways how was your high from that?

7. I don't understand why you threw the stems in lol, why didn't you just toss em in earlier when you were soaking stuff in the ISO.. not that it will add much to the yield :smoke:

8. Yeah the stems were funny, i just made my first iso grinder hash and i cant tell the difference between it and bubble hash, same smell and taste that fresh piney unbelievable...i didnt yield a ton, but it wa basically a free bowl of awesome hash how could you complain?

9. My question is what happens if you have a bowl where only hash has been smoked? Is there a difference between hash and hash resin? Is there a meaning to life?

10. anyone who doesn't think this is worth trying is spoiled. it's a great idea.

11. Stupid questions maybe, but..
    1, how long does it take to dry enough to smoke and how do you know when it's dry enough?
    2, can you just smoke that instead of making hash?

I'm sort of new to smoking so idk

12. The drying time depends on how much ISO you use and how thin you can get it ( more surface area the better)

Usually takes about a day and a half for me when i do this.

To tell when its dry enough to smoke, just look at it, if it looks dry then touch it, if it is then its done

The less ISO you use the faster it will dry

And you can can just scrape resin and smoke it but it will most likely bubbly and spit tiny drops of resin everywhere, this helps dry it out and make it smoke more.

13. Thank ya! Isn't ISO bad to inhale?

14. #34 420rowdyguy, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2012
    it will evaporate out of the dish leaving only the "purified" resin

15. I used to always clean my pieces w/iso and then save the resin but eventually there came a day where smoking resin would only give me a headache. Kinda like Tequila. That was a rough day...

16. Haha I was fucking drying it and the cup tipped over and it dumped everywhere. :/

17. Looks like rabbit poop.

18. Yeah I wash daubers and glass from oil and keep separate from resin "wash".. to really evaporate and "purge" all the chemicals I use a pyrex pie pan and put it on the stove on warm - about 110 degrees is perfect

19. Resin iso is pretty nasty. Infuse with coconut oil and make capsules... vape resin is better but I'm also just using it to make capsules... When you can't smoke. .

• Like Like x 1
  20. 1. You can filter alcohol solution through a coffee filter with activated carbon layered on the filter,it will hold the Tars, and should leave would with an amber colored solution to begin. Also "winterize"